Marvel Films MCU X-Men - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
It matters because these movies failed to adapt what we love about the comics so why should we want the MCU to adapt things we hate. Things fans like in general: Mystique and Destiny's marriage, Nightcrawler's being Mystique's biological son, Rogue being Mystique and Destiny's adopted daughter, Nightcrawler and Rogue as siblings. So why not just make Mystique Nightcrawler's dad like Claremont intended? Way more interesting than some random german noble (?) or Azazel.
One of the options presented was to just say she's his mom and leave it at that. There's nothing wrong with simplifying this story. I see no reason to add onto it to that point of taking an oddball original writers intention. There's interesting things that can add to the characters, these aren't it. From a purely 100% personal opinion based, my feelings, perspective, I see Kurt's bio dad as being what it is in the comics, with him being Catholic, a more interesting conflict for Kurt. But I understand that shouldn't be done. Hence the simplification.

But does that give them the right to decide?
Who here is "decid[ing]?" We're merely fans making our wants be heard. We can only hope the things we think are waste of space in the comics are things Feige et al agree as well.

For me personally, I wouldn't lose sleep if Azazel is never heard from again.

I don't think them being Kardashian-lit neccesarily cancels out Mad Ones' pitch of them harvesting mutant parts to pretend to be mutants because it's all the rage these days. You can have both. Hell, Get Out is basically in part a dark satire

"Everybody wanna be a mutie but nobody wanna be a mutie." - Jumbo Carnation.

The fetishization and appropriation of mutant culture would be a fun, fresh way to not only tackle mutant plight but also have relevant social commentary in the movie

Yeah, I meant doing them in combination.

I don't think them being Kardashian-lit neccesarily cancels out Mad Ones' pitch of them harvesting mutant parts to pretend to be mutants because it's all the rage these days. You can have both. Hell, Get Out is basically in part a dark satire

"Everybody wanna be a mutie but nobody wanna be a mutie." - Jumbo Carnation.

The fetishization and appropriation of mutant culture would be a fun, fresh way to not only tackle mutant plight but also have relevant social commentary in the movie

Not exactly the Hellfire Club, but I would love a Dazzler solo movie where Dazzler is guilty of the same appropriation of mutant culture (not the organ harvesting bit), since that would be a great way to comment on something that is still a huge problem in the music industry. I was even thinking it could be part of Dazzler’s entire arc: taking advantage of people and situations. You could have her start out as a struggling club singer pre-Snap - then, when half of the population (and presumably, half the world’s singers/musicians, etc) disappear, she uses the tragic situation to rise to prominence. She could have songs about the Snap. Maybe she could get into a controversy for saying she doesn’t want her rivals coming back. When the Blip happens, Dazzler is at the height of her pop culture influence. Little does everyone know she’s been secretly using her Mutant powers to rise to the top. The X-Men would discover it, obviously, but I think you could do something really interesting where Dazzler, before coming out as a Mutant, first uses them basically as props for her music videos and disparagingly in her song lyrics because it’s the “trend”. I’m not really knowledgeable on Dazzler comics yet, so I don’t know if she has any connections to the Hellfire Club, but if she does, that could be a cool tie-in as well (EDIT: just remembered her sister literally joins the Hellfire Club, so there’s a strong connection) especially if the Hellfire Club are more like reality TV/social media celebrities with their own shadowy scheme. By the end of the movie, she’d see the error of her ways, have her big public coming out concert and all that.
All that is my long-winded way of saying I love the cultural appropriation theme.

Last edited:
Not exactly the Hellfire Club, but I would love a Dazzler solo movie where Dazzler is guilty of the same appropriation of mutant culture (not the organ harvesting but), since that would be a great way to comment on something that is still a huge problem in the music industry. I was even thinking it could be part of Dazzler’s entire arc: taking advantage of people and situations. You could have her start out as a struggling club singer pre-Snap - then, when half of the population (and presumably, half the world’s singers/musicians, etc) disappear, she uses the tragic situation to rise to prominence. She could have songs about the Snap. Maybe she could get into a controversy for saying she doesn’t want her rivals coming back. When the Blip happens, Dazzler is at the height of her pop culture influence. Little does everyone know she’s been secretly using her Mutant powers to rise to the top. The X-Men would discover it, obviously, but I think you could do something really interesting where Dazzler, before coming out as a Mutant, first uses them basically as props for her music videos and disparagingly in her song lyrics because it’s the “trend”. I’m not really knowledgeable on Dazzler comics yet, so I don’t know if she has any connections to the Hellfire Club, but if she does, that could be a cool tie-in as well (EDIT: just remembered her sister literally joins the Hellfire Club, so there’s a strong connection) especially if the Hellfire Club are more like reality TV/social media celebrities with their own shadowy scheme. By the end of the movie, she’d see the error of her ways, have her big public coming out concert and all that.
All that is my long-winded way of saying I love the cultural appropriation theme.

I don't want that kind of Dazzler movie. I prefer a Dazzler musical full of songs that could be released in the charts. Marvel have a genre that is ready to mine right there and one that could have lots of crossover appeal going beyond just the comic book fans.

If they want to do that kind of thing with Dazzler, have it mentioned in an X-Men movie, but leave the Dazzler movie itself for fun musical numbers.

Who here is "decid[ing]?" We're merely fans making our wants be heard. We can only hope the things we think are waste of space in the comics are things Feige et al agree as well.

For me personally, I wouldn't lose sleep if Azazel is never heard from again.
One of the options presented was to just say she's his mom and leave it at that. There's nothing wrong with simplifying this story.

I don't want that kind of Dazzler movie. I prefer a Dazzler musical full of songs that could be released in the charts. Marvel have a genre that is ready to mine right there and one that could have lots of crossover appeal going beyond just the comic book fans.

If they want to do that kind of thing with Dazzler, have it mentioned in an X-Men movie, but leave the Dazzler movie itself for fun musical numbers.
This would be a very new thing for CBMs and could really catch on with new viewers.

Hmmm, very interesting
We've all talked about various X-Men showing up in other films
But we know Eternals is set over the course of many millennia

What if Apocalypse-- finally done justice no less-- is a villain in the film
not THE villain, necessarily, but someone the Eternals encounter and fight towards the beginning of the film in ancient Egypt or Mesopotamia or wherever, or even just Clan Akkaba teasing the character

Other candidates could be, who?... Selene, Exodus

I get that. I definitely agree that any Dazzler movie, whether it's more of a fun stand-alone adventure or a tie-in to the bigger MCU, should have plenty of musical numbers and a great soundtrack. I'd even try to get cameos from some other recording artists. Celine Dion, for instance, or some other "diva" types, I guess.

Hmmm, very interesting

not THE villain, necessarily, but someone the Eternals encounter and fight towards the beginning of the film in ancient Egypt or Mesopotamia or wherever, or even just Clan Akkaba teasing the character

Someone they encounter would be fine with me. I love stuff like this adds to the overall lore and history of the MCU.

I get that. I definitely agree that any Dazzler movie, whether it's more of a fun stand-alone adventure or a tie-in to the bigger MCU, should have plenty of musical numbers and a great soundtrack. I'd even try to get cameos from some other recording artists. Celine Dion, for instance, or some other "diva" types, I guess.
I never really thought about it until posters here started mentioning it but it does feel like there is real potential for a film with great songs and some real world musical connections. It could go down a storm with some demographics who aren’t as exposed to CBMs while still keeping it away from the more serious films.

Not exactly the Hellfire Club, but I would love a Dazzler solo movie where Dazzler is guilty of the same appropriation of mutant culture (not the organ harvesting bit), since that would be a great way to comment on something that is still a huge problem in the music industry. I was even thinking it could be part of Dazzler’s entire arc: taking advantage of people and situations. You could have her start out as a struggling club singer pre-Snap - then, when half of the population (and presumably, half the world’s singers/musicians, etc) disappear, she uses the tragic situation to rise to prominence. She could have songs about the Snap. Maybe she could get into a controversy for saying she doesn’t want her rivals coming back. When the Blip happens, Dazzler is at the height of her pop culture influence. Little does everyone know she’s been secretly using her Mutant powers to rise to the top. The X-Men would discover it, obviously, but I think you could do something really interesting where Dazzler, before coming out as a Mutant, first uses them basically as props for her music videos and disparagingly in her song lyrics because it’s the “trend”. I’m not really knowledgeable on Dazzler comics yet, so I don’t know if she has any connections to the Hellfire Club, but if she does, that could be a cool tie-in as well (EDIT: just remembered her sister literally joins the Hellfire Club, so there’s a strong connection) especially if the Hellfire Club are more like reality TV/social media celebrities with their own shadowy scheme. By the end of the movie, she’d see the error of her ways, have her big public coming out concert and all that.
This would be an amazingly imaginative take on Dazzler. I'd love this

A Dazzler movie can't have dramatic or emotional stakes? Allison Blaire herself has a pretty serious, grounded backstory and unless the filmmakers ignore her origin or the reason why she created the band, there is gonna be an emotional component to the film. Ofc a Dazzler movie should have fun songs and beautiful visuals but if the movie has no substance outside of those elements, then is it a movie? You might as well release a 30 minute concert light show on Disney+ at that point

Dream Girls, Selina, Bohemian Rhapsody, A Star is Born, Rocket Man etc are all musicals with chart-topping songs that revel in drama and emotional conflict of it's characters. Heck, even the High-school Musical films do this. A Dazzler movie would be no different

Hmmm, very interesting

Funnily enough, I was thinking about this. What if Apocalypse himself is a rogue, excommunicated Eternal or Deviant? I mean, think about it. En Sabah Nur uses Celestial weapons, vehicles as well as technology to stay alive. I could see the MCU making him the LITERAL first mutant who all mutants are descended from.

If a major theme in Eternals is "evolution" as some have stated, then with an origin revamp like this, Apocalypse's motives would make a lot more sense, being created by the Celestials themselves

Please no Celine Dion cameos. I’m not kidding.

No offense but some of these ideas seem a little convoluted and ott. Not only that but not something I would see Disney approving.

I mean come on guys really, harvesting organs of homeless mutant kids and disabled/ downtrodden mutants? I would like to be a fly on the wall for that pitch meeting conversation with Disney execs.

I think it would go something like this:
Boardroom-Meeting-Suggestion.jpg

I am not even going to touch the whole Celine Dion thing.

Rewatching DOFP, you can pinpoint the moment Singer & Kinberg lost their way with Magneto. Right after Erik's failed assassination attempt on Raven, he retrieves his helmet and drops a football stadium around the White House.. But what is Erik's motive? The Government already has Raven's DNA, The Sentinel future is in motion. He just gives a recontextualized version of his speech from First Class.

Everything from there went downhill (Apocalypse and Dark Phoenix)

Fox really did exhaust the character of Magneto and his relationship with Charles. If/when Marvel does Magneto again, they're definitely gonna have to revamp him and his relationship to Charles in order for that dynamic to feel fresh again
No offense but some of these ideas seem a little convoluted and ott. Not only that but not something I would see Disney approving.

I mean come on guys really, harvesting organs of homeless mutant kids and disabled/ downtrodden mutants? I would like to be a fly on the wall for that pitch meeting conversation with Disney execs.

I think it would go something like this:
View attachment 33329

I am not even going to touch the whole Celine Dion thing.
I mean... It's already in the comics

IMG_20200326_150411.jpg
(From my own paperback since I couldn't find it on Google)

It's something that happens in the real world all the time too, unfortunately. And if mutants were real, you would inevitably have people doing the same thing to them.

Ok this has nothing to do with Marvel’s plans for the X-Men and this quarantine got me thinking what if Fox were the first ones to create a mutant cinematic universe? I was thinking Dark Phoenix could have been X3/4 ft the Hellfire Club, Cure storyline for X5, Mutant Massacre plot for X6, DOFP plot for X7 ( I still would keep it a period piece & tears Apocalypse) and The Age of Apocalypse saga for X8-10. From there I would introduce New Mutants, Freedom Force, DeadPool, etc as spin offs to culminate in the final battle against Apocalypse in X-10. Oh well what could have been right?

Rewatching DOFP, you can pinpoint the moment Singer & Kinberg lost their way with Magneto. Right after Erik's failed assassination attempt on Raven, he retrieves his helmet and drops a football stadium around the White House.. But what is Erik's motive? The Government already has Raven's DNA, The Sentinel future is in motion. He just gives a recontextualized version of his speech from First Class.

Fox really did exhaust the character of Magneto and his relationship with Charles. If/when Marvel does Magneto again, they're definitely gonna have to revamp him and his relationship to Charles in order for that dynamic to feel fresh again

I agree! They should take note from the ultimate comics, Magneto is really ruthless in those early storylines. If they are going to use him then they need to build up to him in a post credit scene, have him hold Governments from ransom, attacking chemical plants, really have the brotherhood be an active terrorist group. Magneto isn’t a character you can shoe horn into EVERY film! He only needs to come into play if the story calls for it and that’s the problem with DOFP, Apocalypse, DP they recycled the same story for him. DOFP really should’ve been an X-Men vs Brotherhood conflict just like the comic and after that no more magneto.

View attachment 33330

It's something that happens in the real world all the time too, unfortunately. And if mutants were real, you would inevitably have people doing the same thing to them.

I think he was doing it to pre-emptively attack.

View attachment 33330

That doesn't mean they would do in the movies. I think their version of WWII was fairly sterilized. A long with, as far as I've heard, their version of Thor 2 that I think had dark elves being gassed by the asgardians cut out. And I think a fairly sterile Spider-Man story to me.

Wow I really thought Celine was universally beloved. Personally I’d rather see people who can actually sing in a Dazzler movie rather than actors using lip-sync, and since Celine would have probably been the perfect Dazzler about twenty years ago it seemed like a perfect fit.
As for who I’d cast as Dazzler nowadays, that’d be Janelle Monae. Ever since discovering the character was originally supposed to be a black woman, I can’t help but feel that a woman of color should play her now, bringing the character full circle in a way.

I think Celine Dion is a very talented singer with some good songs (and I love "Where Does My Heart Beat Now?" and especially "Water From the Moon"), but she did become something of a target for mockery at some point, seemingly for her personality/behavior rather than her music.

Ok this has nothing to do with Marvel’s plans for the X-Men and this quarantine got me thinking what if Fox were the first ones to create a mutant cinematic universe? I was thinking Dark Phoenix could have been X3/4 ft the Hellfire Club, Cure storyline for X5, Mutant Massacre plot for X6, DOFP plot for X7 ( I still would keep it a period piece & tears Apocalypse) and The Age of Apocalypse saga for X8-10. From there I would introduce New Mutants, Freedom Force, DeadPool, etc as spin offs to culminate in the final battle against Apocalypse in X-10. Oh well what could have been right?
It is an interesting question to ponder what could've been.

If I was tasked to create an X-Men Cinematic Universe from the ground up:

Phase 1
- "X-Men: Children Of The Atom". Magneto and his Brotherhood battle Xavier's First Class of students -- Sinister post credits

- "X-Men: Mutant Massacre". The first class graduate and the school recruits new students. The X-Men investigate reports of mutant serial killings which leads them to face-off with the Marauders -- Sentinels post credits

- "Storm: Mistress of Elements'. Ororo helps the Morlocks find a new home as well as return to her ancestral homeland where she comes face to face with an enemy from her past: The Shadow King

- "The New Mutants" (TV miniseries) When the X-Men trainees befriend an odd creature they nickname Bird Brain, it leads them on an adventure to an Island where animals are mutated by a mad scientist.

- "X-Men: Zero Tolerance". The Sentinels are launched and a new Anti-Mutant task-force led by Cameron Hodge is established. The Gov also showcases their own mutant team - Apocalypse post credits

- "Dazzler". Allison Blaire is a pop star sensation but she leads a secret life as a mutant. A musical that takes place on the ground level of all this craziness

- "X-Factor". A Gov assassination attempt on Nathaniel Essex fails as he awakens Apocalypse and the team fails to stop him

- "X-Men: Age of Apocalypse". 5 years after Apocalypse plunged the world into chaos, a resistance is formed led by X-Man aka Nate Grey under the guidance of Cable. Apocalypse is defeated but the damage is already done

- "X-Force". Following the events of Apocalypse, the New Mutants, now adults are recruited by Cable and together, they take down Sugerman. The legacy virus is also created and unleashed Into the mutant community

- "Wolverine: Return To Weapon X". Wolverine returns to where he was created and fights Omega Red

- "X-Men: Battle of the Atom". The X-Men deal with the fallout of the Gov declaring war on mutankind and unleashing the virus which decimates the mutant community -- Post credits is the virus mutating

- "X-Men: Days of Future Past". The legacy virus pandemic has decimated both the human and mutant communities. Humans and mutants have divided into enclaves with Magneto leading mutant side and Bastion & his Sentinel army leading the human side. Kitty goes back in time with Cable to prevent Apocalypse from ever being awakened

Phase 2

- "X-Statix". Mutant celebrities in the new timeline

Wow I really thought Celine was universally beloved. Personally I’d rather see people who can actually sing in a Dazzler movie rather than actors using lip-sync, and since Celine would have probably been the perfect Dazzler about twenty years ago it seemed like a perfect fit.
As for who I’d cast as Dazzler nowadays, that’d be Janelle Monae. Ever since discovering the character was originally supposed to be a black woman, I can’t help but feel that a woman of color should play her now, bringing the character full circle in a way.
Janelle would be an amazing choice for Allison :up:

2000 1 X-MEN
2003 1 X2
2006 1 X-MEN: THE LAST STAND

2008 UNCANNY X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST AFTER THE EVENTS OF LAST STAND A GROUP CALLED THE FRIENDS OF HUMANITY RISES TO POWER. IN THE FUTURE MUTANTS ARE ALL IN WORK CAMPS RUN BY THE SENTIENLS. THE X-MEN OF THIS TIME SEND KITTY'S MIND BACK IN TIME TO HER PAST BODY. HER MISSION TO HELP THE X-MEN STOP A NEW BROTHERHOOD FROM KILLING THE LEADER OF THE FOH. IN THE END THEY ARE ABLE TO STOP THEM BUT ANGEL LOSES HIS WINGS. BEFORE LEAVING KITTY TELLS THE TEAM THAT XAVIER, SCOTT, AND JEAN ARE STILL ALIVE.

2009 EXCALIBUR KITTY PRYDE (SHADOWCAT) TRANSFERS TO THE MUIR ISLAND CENTER. HERE SHE MEETS NIGHTCAWLER, MOIRA MACTAGGERT, AND BANSHEE. MEANWHILE PETE WISDOM AN AGENT FOR MI13 IS WORKING ON A MISSION TO STOP BLACKTOM CASSIDY AND HIS PARTNER CANE MARKO WHO ARE SMUGGLING AN ARTIFACT CALLED THE CRIMSON GEM OF CYTTORAK. MARKO USES THE GEM AND IT MAKES HIM MORE POWERFULL THEN BEFORE. WISDOM HAS TO GET HELP FROM CASSIDYS COUSAN AND EVERYONE AT MUIR ISLAND TO STOP THEM.

2010 X-MEN ORIGINS: WOLVERINE WOLVERINE'S ORIGIN FROM THE MOMENT HIS POWERS MANIFEST TO HIS TIME WITH THE CIA AND FINLEY HIS TIME WITH STRYKER IN THE WEAPON X PROGRAM.

2010 UNCANNY X-MEN: CHILDREN OF THE ATOM THE X-MEN FIND XAVIER WHO HAS BEEN WORKING WITH A WOMAN NAMED ASKAIN TO TAKE CARE OF A YOUNG BOY; NATHAN SUMMERS, THE CHILD OF SCOTT AND JEAN. THE FIRST OF THE FOUR HORSEMEN, DEATH, ARIVES FOR THE BOY AND THE TEAM IS BARELY ABLE TO GET AWAY. HE TELLS THEM THAT THEY WILL READY THE WORLD FOR THEIR MASTER APOCALYPSE. THE X-MEN SPLIT INTO TWO TEAMS ONE WORKING TO STOP THE HORSEMEN FROM WRECKING HAVOC ON THE WORLD AND THE OTHER TO FIND SCOTT AND JEAN. IN THE END THE HORSEMEN DEATH IS REVILED TO BE ANGEL, NATHAN IS TAKEN, APOCALYPSE WAGES WAR ON THE WORLD.

2011 X-MEN ORIGINS: GAMBIT REMY LEBEAU WORKS HIS WAY UP THE RANKS OF THE THIEVES GUILD UNTIL HE IS SENT TO WORK FOR NATHANIEL ESSEX. WHEN THE JOB GOES SOUTH ESSEX SENDS THE NASTY BOYS AFTER GAMBIT.

2011 UNCANNY X-MEN: BATTLE OF THE ATOM THE X-MEN WITH SCOTT AND JEAN ATTACK APOCALYPSE'S HQ TO GET NATHAN BACK. BUT ARE STOPPED BY SINSTER WHO TELLS THEM THAT HE INFECTED THE BOY WITH A VIRUS THAT WILL KILL APOCALYPSE WHEN HE TRANSFERS HIMSELF TO THE BOY. THEY STOP THE TRASFER ANYWAY SAVING NATHAN BUT ALLOWING APOCALYPSE AND HIS HORSEMEN TO GET AWAY. BLAQUESMITH SHOW UP FROM THE FURURE AND TAKES NATHAN AWAY TO TRAIN HIM. 10 YEARS LATER THE WORLD HAS FALLEN TO APOCALYPSES RULE WITH SMALL POCKETS OF RESISTENTS SCATERED AROUND THE WORLD LEAD BY XAIVER AND HIS X-MEN. THINGS CHANGE WHEN CABLE SHOW UP AND FREES SINISTER FROM HIS PRISON TAKING OUT THE X-MEN ALONG THE WAY. CABLE HAS COME FROM THE FUTURE TO STOP APOCLYPSE IN THE PRESENT. TO DO SO HE INLIST THE HELP OF SINISTER, GAMBIT, AND THE X-MEN. IN THE END THEY MUST STOP APOCLYPSE FROM USING THE POWER OF A CELESTIAL SHIP TO TAKE FULL CONTROL OF THE WORLD.

2012 THE WOLVERINE AS THE WORLD REBUILDS WOLVERINE IS CALLED TO JAPAN WHERE HE HAS TO TAKE ON THE SILVER SAMURI

2012 X FACTOR CYCLOPS, JEAN, BEAST, ICEMAN WORK FOR THE GOVERMENT LEADING A TEAM THAT HUNTS DOWN THE REMANING MUTANTS THAT ARE STILL LOYAL TO APOCLYPSE. ONE MUTANT THAT THEY ARE AFTER LEADS THEM TO THE ISLAND OF GENOSHA THAT THEY FIND HAS BEEN TAKEN OVER BY A REJUVINATED MAGNETO. MAGNETO HAS TURNED TO ISLAND INTO A SAFE HAVEN FOR MUTANTS AND WILL NOT TURN THE MUTANT OVER TO THEM.

2013 X-MEN ORIGINS: CABLE CABLE MUST CLEAR HIS NAME AFTER THE MLF FRAMES HIM FOR A TERROR ATTACK.

2013 STARJAMMERS THE STARJAMMERS WORK WITH LILANDRA TO STEAL THE M'KRAAN CRYSTAL TO KEEP IT AWAY FROM HER BROTHER CHANCLER D'KEN

2014 NEW MUTANTS XAVIER STARTS A NEW SCHOOL WITH A NEW GROUP OF MUTANTS

2014 EXCALIBUR 2 EXCALIBUR HUNT DOWN A MUTANT PROTEUS THAT HAS THE POWER TO JUMP FROM BODY TO BODY BUT BURNS OUT THE HOST THE LONGER HE IS IN THEM.

2015 ASTONISHING X-MEN THE X-MEN ARE TAKEN BY MOJO ADAMS TO THE ISLAND OF KRAKOA TO PARTAKE IN THE GAMES OF MOJO WORLD. THE X-MEN ARE HUNTED FOR SPORT WHILE PEOPLE WATCH ONLINE AND BET ON THE OUT COME.

2016 PHOENIX SAGA PART 1 EXCALIBUR, THE X-MEN, AND X FACTOR TEAM UP WITH THE STARJAMMERS TO WORK TO STOP ERIC THE RED FROM GETTING THE M'KRAAN CRYSTAL TO HIS MASTER D'KEN. IN THE END D'KEN IS STOPPED AND JEAN BECOMES THE PHOENIX.

2016 NEW MUTANTS 2

2017 PHOENIX SAGA PART 2 MONTHS LATER JEANS POWERS HAVE GROWN MORE THEN EVER BEFORE CAUSING HER TO QUIT X FACTOR. SHE SOON FALLS IN WITH A GROUP KNOWN AS THE HELLFIRE CLUB. UNKNOWN TO HER THEY ARE WORKING WITH THE DEPOSED SHI'AR RULER D'KEN TO FIND THE PHOENIX AND BRING THEM TO HIM. AS HER POWER GROWS JEAN BECOME TOO POWERFULL TO CONTROL. AFTER A BATTLE BETWEEN THE X-MEN AND THE HELLFIRE CLUB THE PHOENIX TAKES OFF INTO SPACE.

2017 EXCALIBUR 3 EARTH 238 MAD JIM JASPERS USES HIS REALITY WARPING POWERS TO KILL ALL THAT EARTH POWERED PEOPLE AND TAKE OVER THE WORLD. ONE PERSON WAS LEFT, RACHEL SUMMERS, A MUTANT WHO WAS WITH THE HELP OF THAT EARTHS MERLIN IS ABLE TO COME TO THE MAIN EARTH.

2018 PHOENIX SAGA PART 3 THE NOW DARK PHOENIX DESTROYS THE PLANET THAT D'KEN IS ON. THE DESTRUCTION KILLS BILLIONS AND SENDS THE SHE'AR AFTER HER. PHOENIX COMES BACK TO EARTH WHERE XAVIER WITH THE HELP OF BEAST IS ABLE TO GET HER POWERS UNDER CONTROL. BUT ITS TOO LATE AS THE SHI'AR TAKES THEM AND BRINGS THEM FOR A TRIAL WHERE XAVIER CALLS FOR A TRIAL BY COMBAT. THE X-MEN AND THE IMPERIAL GUARD FIGHT WITH THE X-MEN LOSING BUT JEAN USES HER POWERS TO ACTIVATE A SHI'AR WEAPON THAT VAPORIZES HER.

It is an interesting question to ponder what could've been.

If I was tasked to create an X-Men Cinematic Universe from the ground up:

Phase 1
- "X-Men: Children Of The Atom". Magneto and his Brotherhood battle Xavier's First Class of students -- Sinister post credits

- "X-Men: Mutant Massacre". The first class graduate and the school recruits new students. The X-Men investigate reports of mutant serial killings which leads them to face-off with the Marauders -- Sentinels post credits

- "Storm: Mistress of Elements'. Ororo helps the Morlocks find a new home as well as return to her ancestral homeland where she comes face to face with an enemy from her past: The Shadow King

- "The New Mutants" (TV miniseries) When the X-Men trainees befriend an odd creature they nickname Bird Brain, it leads them on an adventure to an Island where animals are mutated by a mad scientist.

- "X-Men: Zero Tolerance". The Sentinels are launched and a new Anti-Mutant task-force led by Cameron Hodge is established. The Gov also showcases their own mutant team - Apocalypse post credits

- "Dazzler". Allison Blaire is a pop star sensation but she leads a secret life as a mutant. A musical that takes place on the ground level of all this craziness

- "X-Factor". A Gov assassination attempt on Nathaniel Essex fails as he awakens Apocalypse and the team fails to stop him

- "X-Men: Age of Apocalypse". 5 years after Apocalypse plunged the world into chaos, a resistance is formed led by X-Man aka Nate Grey under the guidance of Cable. Apocalypse is defeated but the damage is already done

- "X-Force". Following the events of Apocalypse, the New Mutants, now adults are recruited by Cable and together, they take down Sugerman. The legacy virus is also created and unleashed Into the mutant community

- "Wolverine: Return To Weapon X". Wolverine returns to where he was created and fights Omega Red

- "X-Men: Battle of the Atom". The X-Men deal with the fallout of the Gov declaring war on mutankind and unleashing the virus which decimates the mutant community -- Post credits is the virus mutating

- "X-Men: Days of Future Past". The legacy virus pandemic has decimated both the human and mutant communities. Humans and mutants have divided into enclaves with Magneto leading mutant side and Bastion & his Sentinel army leading the human side. Kitty goes back in time with Cable to prevent Apocalypse from ever being awakened

Phase 2

- "X-Statix". Mutant celebrities in the new timeline

Janelle would be an amazing choice for Allison :up:
Epic plans you made there! :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member