Marvel Films MCU X-Men - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chapek said that Disney is gonna be focusing more on streaming in the coming years. So maybe that O5 show isn't so far fetched?

It pleases me you brought this up, I still think streaming is not a bad idea because the x-men are as much about the little moments as the big eg: going to bars, playing basketball etc. That sort of thing would definitely reassure me “this is definitely the x-men”

Now time for me to lob a grenade and run out of here.

Get Ryan Murphy to direct it American horror story: coven style

I'd like to see Xavier and the X-Men as a net-positive force, but there's plenty of ways to explore to show that Charles isn't perfect or all-knowing. When he first brings together the O5, he can do it without knowing if it's a good idea or if his stated mission is even feasible. But he knows that the world is changing and the X-gene is on the rise, and he's sitting on a big mansion and a big pile of old money and he wants to do something.

Then when the team experiences a setback (such as, for example, half the X-Men get wiped out by The Snap during a dangerous mission), that kills the momentum and Charles gives up for a while. He keeps giving lectures and doing TV appearances during the 5-year gap, but he feels powerless because the world is still changing and the X-Men could make a difference, but the X-Men failed and he doesn't want to try again. That all changes after the 2nd Snap and the chance to bring back the O5, and with that a second attempt at the X-Men that can learn from the first.

Thinking again about an MCU relaunch of the X-Men, and how to differentiate against the Fox films visually, I again started mulling the X-Mansion and where the X-Men should call home.

I think it could definitely be time for the X-Men to live in San Francisco. Notwithstanding the Fox movies' use of upstate NY for the mansion location, that's the home of the Avengers (unless it's not rebuilt in the same location after Avengers: Endgame) so it'd be good to get some variance in the MCU heroes' HQs.

I agree with MCU'X-men based on San Francisco comics era
They lived in New york during Avengers movies, but moved to San Francisco post-snap period.
Hope they will be active since the beginning but people didnt know them

It would be great to see them reunited after Thanos'snap in first movie. And somes sequences will resume their adventures since 2010 to 2018 (formation, recruitments, conflict with Magneto becoming anti-hero now, brotherhood, morlock...)
And their childhood and past through some flashbacks (Cyclops at orfanage, Logan at Weapon X, Rogue being adopting .... ) before becoming x-men

Speaking of the X-Mansion, the stuff Eric could build could be visually stunning and very different from what we've seen on FOX.

images

I dont like the idea of the X-Men almost looking and living like a rich family. That feels kind of like the opposite of what the x-men really are, or at least how they started.

I just think the conventional Charles's high school look works perfectly fine, and Marvel doesnt really need to change that. They will make sure everything else looks different in all the trailers and spots. The school is not the problem of the reboot, you know? lol

I'm just not a fan of that New Jersey mansion's interior color scheme. If they have to go lighter/brighter with it, white would be better.

I dont like the idea of the X-Men almost looking and living like a rich family. That feels kind of like the opposite of what the x-men really are, or at least how they started.

I just think the conventional Charles's high school look works perfectly fine, and Marvel doesnt really need to change that. They will make sure everything else looks different in all the trailers and spots. The school is not the problem of the reboot, you know? lol
I mean... This is what the inside of an average High-school looks like
unnamed-6.jpg
34409585776_dfaa1d9f19_h.jpg

And this is what Xavier's looked like in the Fox films
2fa94ee3448dbe2fd3969921d4fa55de.jpg
mansion-126689.JPG.jpg

Now the MCU could go for a more conventional looking school, but the Fox version waa definitely a mansion repurposed from a wealthy family.

I'm just not a fan of that New Jersey mansion's interior color scheme. If they have to go lighter/brighter with it, white would be better.
But it's not too dissimilar from Singer's take on the X-Mansion

The pictures you showed of the Singer mansion have better contrast and better design in general, in my opinion. Aside from preferring how they look, I think they evoke mood more. Granted, the MCU suffers from flat cinematography in general, but the less that happens the better. By the time they were done with that mansion it could have all the evocativeness of styrofoam, outside of evoking that Charles Xavier is filthy rich.

The pictures you showed of the Singer mansion have better contrast and better design in general, in my opinion. Aside from preferring how they look, I think they evoke mood more. Granted, the MCU suffers from flat cinematography in general, but the less that happens the better. By the time they were done with that mansion it could have all the evocativeness of styrofoam, outside of evoking that Charles Xavier is filthy rich.
They both look identical to me but fair enough. Maybe that's a matter of set design? I'd definitely like to see a different take on things

To offer a counter-proposal (without trying to hunt any particular mansion down), if they want the mansion to look different from the Fox version, then I would look to the general themes of the franchise. X-Men is about division between mutants and non-mutants (and through that issues relating to real world minority groups), so contrast is good. Mutants are dealing with being different without being as different as some might act, so the mansion could look unusual without being downright bizarre. You guys say the X-Men are a family, and of course Charles would want them to feel at home. Rich people's mansions don't tend to feel all that homey, but I think green is the best color to convey that. It also can add a mild element of strangeness, and it offers natural contrast against wood, and as a bonus it relates to nature and the X-Men's biology is central to the films. So...

50492338903_9a2731fb38_b.jpg

To offer a counter-proposal (without trying to hunt any particular mansion down), if they want the mansion to look different from the Fox version, then I would look to the general themes of the franchise. X-Men is about division between mutants and non-mutants (and through that issues relating to real world minority groups), so contrast is good. Mutants are dealing with being different without being as different as some might act, so the mansion could look unusual without being downright bizarre. You guys say the X-Men are a family, and of course Charles would want them to feel at home. Rich people's mansions don't tend to feel all that homey, but I think green is the best color to convey that. It also can add a mild element of strangeness, and it offers natural contrast against wood, and as a bonus it relates to nature and the X-Men's biology is central to the films. So...

50492338903_9a2731fb38_b.jpg
Very cool idea. The Umbrella Academy Mansion also conveys this "strange", or, "uncanny" vibe if you will
IMG_wd52rl.jpg

Notice the use of greens/teals here as well?

You could triple that and it still wouldn't have enough room for a team of 7-8 X-Men.

We've been discussing the idea of Xavier (in between the 5-year gap) building a little entourage for himself. Maybe Forge upgrading Cerebro, inventing his hover-chair. Somebody suggested Dr. Reyes as his personal physician. Today I thought of having Jubilee as part of this crew, working as Charles' social media coordinator. It would give her a prominent spot in the cast and give her a job she's uniquely suited for that isn't "new-kid-who-cant-control-her-powers-and-messes-up-all-the-time." Charles would do a TV appearance and she would track the hashtags, that kind of thing. She may even help scour the internet to look for recruits for the 2nd team.

I agree with MCU'X-men based on San Francisco comics era
They lived in New york during Avengers movies, but moved to San Francisco post-snap period.
Hope they will be active since the beginning but people didnt know them

It would be great to see them reunited after Thanos'snap in first movie. And somes sequences will resume their adventures since 2010 to 2018 (formation, recruitments, conflict with Magneto becoming anti-hero now, brotherhood, morlock...)
And their childhood and past through some flashbacks (Cyclops at orfanage, Logan at Weapon X, Rogue being adopting .... ) before becoming x-men

I never really liked the San Fran utopia setting. I found it so cold, I couldn’t imagine anyone, however alienated, dreaming of moving there one day

yeah I kind of agree. I think the general public aren’t as anti foxverse as we might be and just having the slightest touch of nostalgia might be nice. But having a different look might also be nice if it suits

They both look identical to me but fair enough. Maybe that's a matter of set design? I'd definitely like to see a different take on things

yeah. Let’s everyone have a good think about it and maybe we can have a poll or something.

honestly I wouldn’t mind at all just going straight to krakoa. I think that’s a fantastic visual and it differentiates plus it suits the theme and maybe best of all they could film in Hawaii!

I want the X mansion to look like this but two times bigger:

View attachment 38570 View attachment 38571

this has huge Emma frost vibes

I never really liked the San Fran utopia setting. I found it so cold, I couldn’t imagine anyone, however alienated, dreaming of moving there one day

yeah I kind of agree. I think the general public aren’t as anti foxverse as we might be and just having the slightest touch of nostalgia might be nice. But having a different look might also be nice if it suits

yeah. Let’s everyone have a good think about it and maybe we can have a poll or something.

honestly I wouldn’t mind at all just going straight to krakoa. I think that’s a fantastic visual and it differentiates plus it suits the theme and maybe best of all they could film in Hawaii!

this has huge Emma frost vibes
Its more like a Hellfire Club hideout but I'm fine with it. It just needs a second floor.

You could triple that and it still wouldn't have enough room for a team of 7-8 X-Men.
The one psylockolussus posted could work for a proto-school. This is how you could justify/make sense of such a miniscule student body. The school isn't fully developed yet and the students we meet are among the first to enroll.

On the other hand, they can go the mutant Hogwarts route and have a school that's sprawling with student life, and faculty. The mansion will need to be much, much bigger. They should be looking at different College campuses:

858900c2dfa781a035ccbe33cede4cd6dd8039e6.jpg
(Berry College pictured in Mount Berry, Georgia)

Most_beautiful_colleges_reboot_getty_hero.jpg
(University of Notre Dame pictured in Notre Dame, Indiana. I particularly like this one becuz it bolsters the X-Men's classic colors)

Either way, the comic version never made sense. That's why Singer made it a prep school (and the comics followed suit). That's the closest you can get irl to the "school" as traditionally depicted before the movies.

I preffer the first one.
the second one looks a bit over the top to my taste. For a team of marginalized mutants

You'd better run!

Yeah, no. No, no, no. No. No Ryan Murphy.
Ryan Murphy can direct a singular season of an X-Men show and then be taken very far away to let people build on his foundation before he can implode his own project. :funny:

Ryan Murphy can direct a singular season of an X-Men show and then be taken very far away to let people build on his foundation before he can implode his own project. :funny:

I haven't seen his Netflix shows, but I heard Ratched, The Politician and Hollywood aren't that great. I'd say no for him even for a single season. And I don't think his style fits the X-Men.

When it comes to odd choices from TV showrunners, I'd say Jenji Kohan and the team behind OITNB. It fits in some aspects of the X-Men. It's not my first choice, but when it comes to "odd choices" from TV, that would be mine.

I was thinking for the x-mansion maybe looking for a Korean influence? Obviously I don’t need to tell the board South Korea is having a huge moment now in terms of art and style and these feel like a swanky school without being elitist, futuristic like it’s one step ahead of humanity but not too futuristic in a way that would steal the fantastic four’s thunder. What do you think?

It kind of has echos of parasite which would be an amazing way to differentiate it from previous x-films because you have the theme of a family but with social commentary and also a twisted “too perfect to be real” feel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"