MCU X-Men - Part 4

Discussion in 'Marvel Films' started by Thread Manager, Aug 12, 2018.

1. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Well-Known Member

With so many mutants there's a good chance a lot of favorites are going to be left out or not receive much in the way of screentime.

2. BaronZemo

BaronZemo Well-Known Member

You are putting uneccessary preasure on the movie. There is no way Marvel will get eveey X-man right from the first movie. Its not possible.

Fox has wasted soany characters that if we get 5-6 good X-men from the get go it will ve alreasy better than wjat Fox did

3. Jordacar

Jordacar The Endless One

That's if they follow the old ways.

4. Mad Ones

Mad Ones Bebe le Strange

Jean has been dead for the last 15 years lol. She literally just returned. I could post scans from X-Factor and Morrison's New X-men too. The characterization in the pics we've posted isn't a new phenomenon, they're just great pics.

And I loved Famke as Jean. X2 did a lot to make me a lifelong Jean fan. But like everyone not named Logan, Xavier, or Magneto, she deserves more.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
  5. Jh7058622

Jh7058622 Well-Known Member

I agree with every except that. Jean can be silly too. It's more Storm's duty to play the "straight man" than Jean. Jean has evolved since her early years but she is by no means a stick in the mud.

6. Havok83

Havok83 Well-Known Member

IA. Cyclops is the serious one in the group, not Jean. Im not sure Id use the word silly with her though. She's more chill yet passionate

7. Shinobi Shaw

Shinobi Shaw The Black King of THC

8. Havok83

9. Shinobi Shaw

She got Rogue together real quick LOL

10. Iceman

Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

What, you think Feige and the future cast have read my one post and will now collapse under the pressure? Or are you talking about managing my own expectations? As I’m pretty good at managing that to enjoy films and just enjoy other stuff if the films don’t go well. I support a football team that has never won anything in my lifetime so I’ve got skills in this area. ;)

The MCU has got nearly every main hero character right for me so it would be a backward step to start stuffing them up now. Also I’m not expecting many more than 6 main X-Men in the first film anyway so I’m not sure what you’re thinking I’m thinking of. It could take 10-15 years before we see all the main players get a showing, but I can still dream about the long term.

11. Lip

Lip Well-Known Member

I'm still impressed with what Marvel managed to do with that amount of characters in Infinity War. Of course, I don't expect a lot of characters in the first movie. I think 6 is a good number to start. But the important is not just how much screentime they have, but what you do with them.

Yes, even after all those years there are still some characters neglected in the MCU. But in general Marvel has done an incredible and very satisfying job. I doubt I'll be disappointed.

12. Shinobi Shaw

I would not be opposed to a 2hr/45mins X-Men movie.

13. Marvel united

Marvel united Omega level Mutant

We won't have to worry about Colossus, Beast, Juggernaut and Angel being background characters. Or Storm and Psylocke getting less than 6 lines or Scott being shoved out of the spotlight to focus on Wolverine or Jean being reduced to nothing more than a vehicle to repeat the Dark Phoenix story. Or Raven being the leader of the X-Men

14. Frankeh

Frankeh Well-Known Member

I'm not expecting a large amount of X-Men done right in the first movie either.

I think as long as they don't overcrowd the ensemble with A-list characters, focus on the X-Men as a team (a team of 5 or 6 ideally) instead of Xavier/Magneto, and stay as close as they can to comic characterization, they will be fine. I love the first X-Men movie but you never get the sense that Jean, Storm and Cyclops are a family, the three of them are given little to no backstory, they barely interact with Rogue, the movie focuses on the relationship between Wolverine and Rogue and Charles and Erik, which worked but obviously there's room for improvement that a Marvel movie can capitalize on.

15. Shinobi Shaw

That’s another ingredient that’s as vital to X-Men as it is to Fantastic Four: it has to have that element of family or kinship. The X-Men are all for one and one for all at the end of the day, and the FOX-men just seem like they’re all planted there with no rhyme or reason. Everyone is at the Xavier school because they are mutants, but we don’t know why or care because we’re only supposed to care about Logan, Xavier, Erik and Raven.

That’s also another reason why it’s best to introduce the X-Men in other MCU properties before they congregate as a team. Let us see them in their backgrounds and get some lead up as to why they decide to live out Xavier’s dream.

16. Herofan

Herofan Well-Known Member

The Juggernaut might make sense as the adversary in the first film if the filmmakers want it to be somewhat light and without a lot of angst/human-mutant conflict.

17. Havok83

that sounds way too long for a first one and isnt earned.

X3 was the worst with that. They acted like they hated each other. The tone was unnecessarily aggressive when it came to individual interactions among the team

18. BaronZemo

I was talking about you. Feige doesn';t give a sh&t about your opinion or mine. There is no need to expect them to get everything Fox didn't from one movie. The same with Fantastic 4.

19. BaronZemo

I would. There is a thing called pacing and there have been very few 2 45 cbm for a reason.

20. MilkmanDan

MilkmanDan Well-Known Member

I think Jean is generally meant to be the normal one. Someone with a friendly personality and decent/good sense of humour. She's neither a goofball like Iceman nor comically serious like Cyclops.

I remember watching the original X-Men movies and thinking that if I didn't know the comics I'd have no idea what Storm's relationship with the other two is beyond them being on the same team. Is she friends with them? Just co-workers? Does she find them annoying? I don't think the films ever actually told us.

21. Marvel united

They didn't even attempt to have Storm interact with Kitty whrn she became a main player in X3. They all seemed like people who were friendly acquaintances with one another. Like people you see at work everyday.

That's one thing Marvel has nailed so far with the Guardians. The impenetrable bond these characters these characters have as a family.

I would love to see a scene like this with the X-Men
    [​IMG]

22. Havok83

Storm seemed annoyed that she had to become the headmistress of the school. She had no love for those kids

23. Shinobi Shaw

Homegirl was or is damn near pushing 40 in that movie and still considered herself a student. No ma’am.

24. Mad Ones

Mad Ones Bebe le Strange

Yeah I agree. I meant more that Jean is the right balance for a heroic attitude. Where Iceman is too silly and Cyclops is too serious, Jean is the compromise.

25. Marvel united

:funny: She really did. I want MCU Storm to have that motherly compassion and understanding from the comics. But also be powerful and authoritative. She should be leader material where you can easily buy why Charles would believe in her to lead the team should Scott leave the X-Men. Even when Forge stole her powers, she was still just as fierce and commanding, just as capable as when she was the wind-rider.

Maybe Fox never bothering with Storm is a blessing in disguise? Comic book Storm will be such a fresh experience for the audience that she may as well be a new character. So much untapped potential with Ororo's backstory that Marvel can now explore