Marvel Films MCU X-Men - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
But if you're going that young with Erik then you have to age Charles down too. And similarly with McKellen, I want a Charles that's different from the sage-like mentor of Stewart and McAvoy. I want a more ambitious, mysterious Charles. Closer to the way he's portrayed in the 90s Claremont run (Bishop's Crossing, Mutant Genisis) Miller's UXM. I think there needs to be a clear distinction between MCU Charles/Magneto and the Fox versions. Also, imo Charles should look like a man that could physically handle himself if he had to. I want him to look physically able. Like when he KO'd Callisto with a punch to the head in issue #293

I agree, I want a Magneto closer in appearance/physique to comic Magneto than McKellen. A younger version - preferably mid to late 40s to early 50s. Built closer to Chris Evan's and Hemsworth as opposed to the wiry frame of McKellen and Fassbender
I don't see why one can't be younger than another, but still have a mutual respect for eachother and one see the other as a peer.

I've never see Fassbender as wiry. He seemed fit to me in FC.

Marvel's Uncanny X-Men
Uncanny-X-Men-Roster.jpg

Check out my fan cast for a MCU X-Universe

Xavier Academy for Gifted Youngsters.
Professor X: Ralph Fiennes, 55
Cyclops: Ansel Egort, 24
Jean Grey: Emma Watson, 28
Storm: Damaris Lewis, 27
Beast: Dev Patel, 26
Wolverine: Barry Keoghan, 25
Gambit: Douglas Booth, 25
Rogue: Haley Lu Richardson, 24
Nightcrawler: Fionn Whitehead, 21
Iceman: Charlie Plummer, 19
Forge: Forrest Goodluck, 19
Colossus: Staz Nair, 27
Shadowcat: Zoey Deutch, 23
Angel: Harris Dickinson, 21
Psylocke: Karen Fukuhara, 26
Jubilee: Peyton Elizabeth Lee, 14

Brotherhood.
Magneto: Robert Pattinson, 32 (MCU Magneto has access to variation of infinity formula)
Mystique: Juno Temple, 29
Blob: Haley Joel Osment, 30
Toad: Charlie Tahan, 20
Avalanche: Pico Alexander, 27
Pyro: Sean Keenan, 25

Villains.
Cassandra Nova: Robin Wright, 52
Apocalypse: David Oyelowo, 42
Sinister: Zachary Quinto, 41
Arcade: Daniel Radcliffe, 29
Bastion: Richard Madden, 32
Omega Red: Alexander Skarsgard, 41

Weapon X.
Sabretooth: Garrett Hedlund, 33
Silver Fox: Kelsey Asbille, 26
Wraith: John David Washington, 34
Maverick: Wyatt Russell, 32
Abraham Cornelius: Woody Harrelson, 57

Shi'ar
Lilandra: Winona Ryder, 46
D'Ken: Jack Huston, 35
Gladiator: Glen Powell, 29

Starjammers.
Corsair: Tom Cruise, 59
Hepzibah: Maggie Q, 39
Raza Longknife: Steven Yeun, 34
Ch’od: Nick Kroll, 40 (voice over + motion capture)

Mojoverse.
Mojo: Jim Carrey, 56
Longshot: Nick Robinson, 23
Dazzler: Chloe Grace Moretz, 21
Spiral: Lady Gaga, 32

X-Factor.
Sen. Robert Kelly: Brian Geraghty, 43
Val Cooper: Kerry Washington, 41
Havok: Jack Reynor, 26
Polaris: Olivia Cooke, 24
Multiple Man: Lakeith Stanfield, 27
Wolfsbane: Freya Favor, 25
Strong Guy: Alexander Ludwig, 26

Hellfire Club.
Sebastian Shaw: Luke Evans, 39
Selene: Penelope Cruz, 44
Emma Frost: Imogen Poots, 29
Harry Leland: John Goodman, 66

Government.
Henry Gyrich: Paul Dano, 34
Sen. Cameron Hodge: Josh Lucas, 37
Bolivar Trask: Giovanni Ribisi, 43

S.W.O.R.D.
Abigail Brand: Olivia Wilde, 34
Sydreen: Jim Parsons, 45 (voice over + motion capture)

Morlocks.
Callisto: Michelle Rodriguez, 40
Marrow: Sasha Lane, 22
Berserker: Owen Teague, 19
Caliban: Anthony Carrigan, 35

Xavier Security Force.
Cable: Colin Farrell, 42
Bishop: Aldis Hodge, 31
Shard: Zoe Kravitz, 29
Trevor Fitzroy: Diego Luna, 38

Misc.
Moira MacTaggert: Rachel Weisz, 48
Kavita Rao: Indira Varma, 44
Agatha Harkins: Sissy Spacek, 68

Interesting cast. I'm not too keen on Pattinson or Hedlund, and if Tom Cruise were in the film I wouldn't watch. The rest are pretty good, though - especially Fiennes. I love the Sissy Spacek casting! Luke Evans too. I'd rather see Saoirse Ronan as Jean Grey than Emma Watson.

But if you're going that young with Erik then you have to age Charles down too. And similarly with McKellen, I want a Charles that's different from the sage-like mentor of Stewart and McAvoy. I want a more ambitious, mysterious Charles. Closer to the way he's portrayed in the 90s Claremont run (Bishop's Crossing, Mutant Genisis) Miller's UXM. I think there needs to be a clear distinction between MCU Charles/Magneto and the Fox versions. Also, imo Charles should look like a man that could physically handle himself if he had to. I want him to look physically able. Like when he KO'd Callisto with a punch to the head in issue #293

I agree, I want a Magneto closer in appearance/physique to comic Magneto than McKellen. A younger version - preferably mid to late 40s to early 50s. Built closer to Chris Evan's and Hemsworth as opposed to the wiry frame of McKellen and Fassbender

The idea is that Magneto is de-aging himself (Professor X would still be aging naturally...when Prof met Mags back in the 80s or whenever, they were the same age). This way, he can still have a WWII history, but still look young comparatively. And Pattinson has quite a few indie films under his belt that show a wide range of skill. I could certainly see him pulling off a charismatic leader of a terrorist organization.

And, Ralph Fiennes can certainly have a physical presence. Think of his last two Bond appearances. He's the man behind the desk, but not out of the action.

Interesting cast. I'm not too keen on Pattinson or Hedlund, and if Tom Cruise were in the film I wouldn't watch. The rest are pretty good, though - especially Fiennes. I love the Sissy Spacek casting! Luke Evans too. I'd rather see Saoirse Ronan as Jean Grey than Emma Watson.

Thanks! Ronan is great, and could easily play Jean but I don't think Watson would slouch by any means. She's a great actress and such an advocate for female equality that it'd be great to have her be a face of the franchise.

And I think Hedlund gets a tough break--he's been in some good films (and, true, had his stinkers), but I think he could be fun as Sabretooth.

And lol I stand by the Tom Cruise pick, but of course any older action star could fill the role. James Marsden would be a cool choice too

LUke

The problem with doing a new X-Men movie for Marvel will be finding the right group of characters that's appealing to both fans and audiences because everyone has their favorites. Then you have to think about making it new and different than what's come before.

That's the hard part, fox already used so many characters. Marvels strength in doing xmen will be bringing the characters to life properly and actually make them characters and not stand ins.

The problem with doing a new X-Men movie for Marvel will be finding the right group of characters that's appealing to both fans and audiences because everyone has their favorites. Then you have to think about making it new and different than what's come before.
I don't think it's a case of fans are going to be outraged if their favourites don't make it in. People expect certain core characters to make it in but otherwise most would be understanding about which characters are chosen, as long as the concept is executed well. As you say it will have to be different to what came before but even making a good team film that gives a share of the spotlight to multiple X-Men will be a big step forward and feel fresh compared to what has come before.

As long as Scott, Ororo and Jean are on the team, I will be fine with whatever roster Marvel decides to go with. Forge taking the place of Beast for instance I would have no problem with since he's the only main X-Man Fox hasn't used.

As long as Scott, Ororo and Jean are on the team, I will be fine with whatever roster Marvel decides to go with. Forge taking the place of Beast for instance I would have no problem with since he's the only main X-Man Fox hasn't used.
Cyclops and Storm have really got to be in the first film. I think most would call for Jean and possibly Beast too but are ok with Wolverine sitting this one out after so much focus in 18 years of Fox films. Outside of that nearly every one of the big time X-Men are the favourite of many fans but IMO most of those fans would understand if their favourite isn't included IMO as long as a good foundation is laid to make future appearances possible.

Cyclops and Storm have really got to be in the first film. I think most would call for Jean and possibly Beast too but are ok with Wolverine sitting this one out after so much focus in 18 years of Fox films. Outside of that nearly every one of the big time X-Men are the favourite of many fans but IMO most of those fans would understand if their favourite isn't included IMO as long as a good foundation is laid to make future appearances possible.

That's what I mean Iceman. We all have ideas of who should be in the first film. But let's also not ignore that Marvel Studios has greatly diverged and changed character backstories and interpretations before.

And let's also not ignore that as much as we love the MCU, some important characters ended up getting seriously shortchanged OR they had very little to do in the actual story.

So...X23 Wolverine ;)

That's what I mean Iceman. We all have ideas of who should be in the first film. But let's also not ignore that Marvel Studios has greatly diverged and changed character backstories and interpretations before.

And let's also not ignore that as much as we love the MCU, some important characters ended up getting seriously shortchanged OR they had very little to do in the actual story.

So...X23 Wolverine ;)
All true. X23 though I see as her own character rather than just a Wolverine clone. You can have her and still have Wolverine later too. And in the MCU we’ve had War Machine and Iron Man despite their power similarities.

You can't have X23 before you have Wolverine. Laura is literally a clone of Logan, he has to come first. That's like trying to skip to Miles Morales before you've even introduced Peter Parker but even more abstract than that because her DNA is identical to his. Unless you're planning on making Wolverine a clone of Laura and I feel that is highly unlikely. The MCU will want proper Wolverine first

Even without appearing in the first film he can still exist and be referenced, setting up a huge introduction in a sequel.

Even without appearing in the first film he can still exist and be referenced, setting up a huge introduction in a sequel.
Oh, I agree. I really hope Logan sits the first movie out so we can establish the core family dynamic of the X-Men and shine a light on characters that the Fox films have neglected in favor of Wolveine i.e Cyclops and Storm.

But I'm referring to Vile One's post about X23 coming before Logan.

You can't have X23 before you have Wolverine. Laura is literally a clone of Logan, he has to come first. That's like trying to skip to Miles Morales before you've even introduced Peter Parker but even more abstract than that because her DNA is identical to his. Unless you're planning on making Wolverine a clone of Laura and I feel that is highly unlikely. The MCU will want proper Wolverine first

I mean...there is no rule that says that. Yeah Logan can exist and come first, but they can still start with Laura Kinney as Wolverine.

Just for example, Agents of SHIELD introduces Robbie Reyes as the existing Ghost Rider. Even though there is another Ghost Rider who was around beforehand and gave Reyes his powers and at some point encountered SHIELD and/or Coulson.

Also, the Captain Marvel movie is going to have Carol Danvers as Captain Marvel as the main protagonist. MarVell is in it, but it's not his movie. It's Carol's movie.

Agents of SHIELD is a TV Show and those shows are "led" by Jeph Loeb, not Feige. MarVell will be in Carol's movie, and he isn't in the same level of Wolverine, who's one of the most important and popular Marvel characters. Marvel didn't introduce Miles before Peter, nor Kamala before Carol even tho there are plans for them. I don't see Laura being introduced as Wolverine before Logan.

Also, it was already reported that the Disney executives are dying to put their hands in Wolverine.

And Robbie Reyes was only used because Marvel TV could not use Blaze as the main Ghost Rider. Trying to compare what Marvel TV does to the MCU :funny:

Carol is the iconic Captain Marvel. That's a change that made sense and even then, she's nowhere the same level of iconography as Logan. They didn't skip to Miles Morales as Spider-Man, they didn't skip to Bucky Barnes as Cap, they didn't skip to Shuri as Black Panther, they didn't skip to Rhodey as Iron Man, they didn't skip to Cho as Hulk or Kamala Khan. There's virtually zero chance Marvel Studios will forfeit one of the most iconic Marvel characters to do X23 Wolverine

check out this Cyclops outfit. it would be dope if he had a helmet (practicality) and I like the idea of a shoulder guard as some sort of defensive mechanism. Cyke has always been sort of a glass cannon for me which makes battling the big bads a challenge. I mean he cant realitisically tank a hit from Juggernaut, Shaw, Apocalypse ETC, so if we gave him like this awesome shoulder shield guard that created its own force field in defense that would be neat. It would allow for better actions scenes too.

6687361-3678126675-apiyg.jpg

Way too much imo for cyclops. Looks like it's out of an anime (I know it's a style that the manufacturer uses)

If we were going that route with the costumes I'd much rather see it on their magneto that they made. The thought and details that are what you dont have to imagine are what's great about this. The best detail of all is the cape, its composed of metal shards. That alone is genius both visually and functionally because of how he can utilize it.

squ81894--x-men-magneto-play-arts-figuref.1498527808.jpg

eee15c80fc7c91fc6c279fccc4e8d981_1920_KR.jpg

Play-Arts-Kai-Magneto-004.jpg

I dont like this. Way too busy and clunky. Cyclops should be agile and swift, he is not superhuman. His suit needs to allow him free movement.

Reactions: Lip
thats a great magneto. love the metal shards as well. i will say that for Cyke I like the design and concept. I think he can retain his sleek look with the shoulder pad armor, for protection.

Whats the good of being sleek and agile vs faster stronger opponents like Juggernaut, Apocalypse, Sinister, etc.. if those guys can crush cars with a back hand what would they do to mutant flesh? The battles would be better and allow for both sides to show off what they can do without one of them being watered down to level the playing field. Go ahead and watch clips of Cyke and other X-men vs high level threats. You'll see Cyke miss sentinels at point blank range and vice versa. Its stupid. Allow them their fullest capabilities for the best battles. All you need is to up the X-men Defense up a bit.

thats a great magneto. love the metal shards as well. i will say that for Cyke I like the design and concept. I think he can retain his sleek look with the shoulder pad armor, for protection.

I like the metal-shard cloak, but I'm not as crazy about the rest of the Magneto design. I'll admit that they're pretty cumbersome designs, but the Cyclops one has more of a sleekness to it - I think I would slim it down somewhat, but overall the design is appealing aesthetically.

Whats the good of being sleek and agile vs faster stronger opponents like Juggernaut, Apocalypse, Sinister, etc.. if those guys can crush cars with a back hand what would they do to mutant flesh? The battles would be better and allow for both sides to show off what they can do without one of them being watered down to level the playing field. Go ahead and watch clips of Cyke and other X-men vs high level threats. You'll see Cyke miss sentinels at point blank range and vice versa. Its stupid. Allow them their fullest capabilities for the best battles. All you need is to up the X-men Defense up a bit.
And what good will the above design if je goes against apocalypse? Do you think some extra padding is gonna stop him or Marko? LOL. Cyclops has trained his entire life in the danger room and in hand to hand cokbat in order to be pretty mobile in the field. He looks like a liefield figure in that sculpture. Its slows him down and extremely ugly and busynas a design. Pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"