Meat Is Murder!

Originally posted by Bloody Mary
i still eat fish sometimes, but thats also difficult bc fish are weird looking.

It's okay to eat fish, 'cause they don't have any feelings...

... there's somethin' in the way... mmmmmm-mmmmm...

Originally posted by Fox Mulder
I think it's a pile of crap. I'm about as healthy as the next person. The only things wrong with me is bad eyesight, which I probably inherited of my father or it's a result of sitting infront of the computer for too long... and constant sleepy-ness... which is probably a result of not going to bed earlier. ;)

I think it's sound advice. I appreciate the fact that you seem to think you're saving innocent animal lives or you just find the practice of killing them for food to be appalling or unnecesary, but to each their own.

Humans have needed animal flesh to survive since the beginning. Our bodies were made to be omnivorous, not herbivorous. The fact that we can farm veggies doesn't change that quality within our bodies.

I believe strongly in Chinese medicine and philosophy of health, concerning the Qi (chi) of the body, the Yin and Yang. Balance is key to a healthy life. To go extremely one way (no meat at all) or the other way (McDonald's everyday, etc) is simply not logical or healthy for your body. Moderation is most important.

My partner and several other medical professionals I have known have treated fat ash pigs who refuse to eat healthy and only eat meat and fat every day, and they have treated vegetarians who were healthy in their younger years, and who have developed back pains, weak bones, BAD EYESIGHT, anemia, fatigue, etc, when they reach middle age and beyond.

It works both ways. Any wise, educated person of the past or present, no matter WHAT their background, will tell you that ANYTHING in excess is NOT good for you. Even working out too much is bad for your body. Moderation is they key to a healthy life. Including what you do, or don't, eat.

Wait, what does that have to do with anything?? :o ;)

If I get an answer from a vegetarian then I can explain

Originally posted by USMC
I think it's sound advice. I appreciate the fact that you seem to think you're saving innocent animal lives or you just find the practice of killing them for food to be appalling or unnecesary, but to each their own.

Humans have needed animal flesh to survive since the beginning. Our bodies were made to be omnivorous, not herbivorous. The fact that we can farm veggies doesn't change that quality within our bodies.

I believe strongly in Chinese medicine and philosophy of health, concerning the Qi (chi) of the body, the Yin and Yang. Balance is key to a healthy life. To go extremely one way (no meat at all) or the other way (McDonald's everyday, etc) is simply not logical or healthy for your body. Moderation is most important.

My partner and several other medical professionals I have known have treated fat ash pigs who refuse to eat healthy and only eat meat and fat every day, and they have treated vegetarians who were healthy in their younger years, and who have developed back pains, weak bones, BAD EYESIGHT, anemia, fatigue, etc, when they reach middle age and beyond.

It works both ways. Any wise, educated person of the past or present, no matter WHAT their background, will tell you that ANYTHING in excess is NOT good for you. Even working out too much is bad for your body. Moderation is they key to a healthy life. Including what you do, or don't, eat.

:up:

am I right when I say alot of vegetarians are short (because they didn't get the right nutrients)

You know, I don't believe it's impossible to live from a strictly non-meat diet and still avoid all of those problems you listed. Because back pains, weak bones, etc come from a lack of certain minerals, protein, etc over time, not the lack of meat specifically. I do believe it's hella-hard to come up with a diet that will help you avoid these problems though...

Personally, I just don't give enough of a sh1t to go through all that trouble. Let me say that again, I frankly don't care enough about wether animals live or die to start changing my diet in any radical way, or for that matter give up the sweet taste of meat ;) ... some people may find it heartless or immoral, or whatever... but once again, I really don't give a sh1t.

I usually don't eat red meat though (only chicken (or bird meat) and fish), but that's because I feel healthier as a result of it, not because I care about the big eyed cows.

What I don't understand about vegetarians is where they draw the line. Is it simply because the animal has a face? I won't eat a cow but I'll have the unborn egg of a chicken? I don't like the way animals in slaughter houses are treated but this plant can cease to exist for my salad? :confused:

There's no need to think I'm saving animals. I stopped eating meat in thinking that when I was younger, but realized that just because I stopped eating it doesn't mean farmers wouldn't stop farming them. I just never had the heart to go back.

You're right, I probably am unhealthy due to my diet. But keep in mind that veg and fruit do provide some of the vitamins that's in meat. It's either trying to eat as much as you can of the right vegetable or taking those vegetarian vitamin tablets, which I do... when I remember. :o ;)

Thanks though. Your insight has helped me see this situation in a different light. But for now, I'm sticking to vegetarianism. ;)

Thanks though. Your insight has helped me see this situation in a different light. But for now, I'm sticking to vegetarianism. ;)

And good luck with that. :) I may not see the long-term benefits of it, but it's hard to deny the fact that you gotta respect someone who would take that much care and thought about their diet and why they will or won't do something they think is wrong... as opposed to the lazy bastard that just goes to Mc'D's drive-thru and then complains 10 years from now about why he's fat and tired all the time.

Originally posted by Jason Blood

am I right when I say alot of vegetarians are short (because they didn't get the right nutrients)
I'm short, yes but it doesn't mean it's because I've been vegetarian most of my life. Both of my parents are short. My father is 5"7', my mother is 5"6'. I'm 5"8'.5. ;)

Originally posted by The Singularity
What I don't understand about vegetarians is where they draw the line. Is it simply because the animal has a face? I won't eat a cow but I'll have the unborn egg of a chicken? I don't like the way animals in slaughter houses are treated but this plant can cease to exist for my salad? :confused:

Quite frankly, I think most of them draw the line at consciousness.

And good luck with that. :) I may not see the long-term benefits of it, but it's hard to deny the fact that you gotta respect someone who would take that much care and thought about their diet and why they will or won't do something they think is wrong... as opposed to the lazy bastard that just goes to Mc'D's drive-thru and then complains 10 years from now about why he's fat and tired all the time.
Thank you. :) It's hard to believe people would be so careless to their health though and just suddenly complain about it. It makes you wonder what makes them do it.

Well, I eat people, so I guess by my standards, meat IS murder.

You can easily get the right nutrition from tofu and other sources. I don't eat eggs and i drink soy milk when we have it. I'm not an extremist. I just posted a song I like and you guys debated it. It's not my fault. My growth isn't stunted. I'm slightly taller than the avg height for my age. I get sick like never since I became a vegetarian/vegan. I like tofu and soy milk anyway. AND I'M NOT A ^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^ING HIPPY. God I hate you hippy hunter. Must I post a link of vegetarians?

Originally posted by the defenders
You can easily get the right nutrition from tofu and other sources. I don't eat eggs and i drink soy milk when we have it. I'm not an extremist. I just posted a song I like and you guys debated it. It's not my fault. My growth isn't stunted. I'm slightly taller than the avg height for my age. I get sick like never since I became a vegetarian/vegan. I like tofu and soy milk anyway. AND I'M NOT A ^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^ING HIPPY. God I hate you hippy hunter. Must I post a link of vegetarians?
The protein argument other people are making is a moot point...several types of beans and legumes (and especially soy beans) can provide you with ample protein. You don't need meat to stay healthy. In moderation, meat is healthy for you as well. For some, the problem is finding a balance.

I commend you for your efforts in being a vegetarian. Unfortunately, I just can't give up my sushi. I'm an addict.

Originally posted by Wall_Crawler_2003
The protein argument other people are making is a moot point...several types of beans and legumes (and especially soy beans) can provide you with ample protein. You don't need meat to stay healthy. In moderation, meat is healthy for you as well. For some, the problem is finding a balance.

I commend you for your efforts in being a vegetarian. Unfortunately, I just can't give up my sushi. I'm an addict.

I'm not trying to be Nazi-esque about this. I'm just trying to propagate the masses. :) I just see it as murder and you aren't one of the ignorant people in here(jeff hardy, hippy hunter). But their stupidity just gets me so POed.

Originally posted by the defenders
I'm not trying to be Nazi-esque about this. I'm just trying to propagate the masses. :) I just see it as murder and you aren't one of the ignorant people in here(jeff hardy, hippy hunter). But their stupidity just gets me so POed.
I understand, I think that some people in here felt that you came on very strongly with your opinion. Hence the commotion in the thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"