Mega Man's Franchise's

I know this has been debated for years, but what's everyone;s personal faves from the original six NES games? Mine are the second and third; original's still difficult as bad place.

hmm I seemed to have alot of them. it hard for me to pick one . but lets see there is the original X and battle net work.

This is from yesterday

• Capcom Marks Down Mega Mans I-IV On The 3DS And Wii U eShop

News
    on Nov 24, 2013 at 10:44 AM
    3ds_icon.png
    cafe-icon.png

It's a small discount, but if you want to pick up the first four Mega Man games for your 3DS or Wii U, now is the time to do it.
    ... More
source: GI

Roll Chan Evolution Is The Closest Thing We Got To A New Mega Man Game In 2013 . January 1, 2014 . 1:45am

If you’re nostalgic for a Mega Man game check out Roll Chan Evolution. A romhacker edited the original Mega Man and made Mega Man’s sister Roll a playable character.

23 Thoughts Read >

Technically last year was Mega Man’s 25th anniversary, but Capcom said the celebration would begin in December 2012 with the release of Street Fighter X Mega Man and continue throughout all of 2013. Capcom made a cool statue, worked with Udon to translate art books, and re-released some games on the eShop.

If you’re nostalgic for a Mega Man game check out Roll Chan Evolution. A romhacker edited the original Mega Man and made Mega Man’s sister Roll a playable character. Roll has an arm cannon that shoots hearts instead of spherical pellets. Unfortunately she doesn’t have her Marvel vs. Capcom 2 secret power – crouching.

source:Siliconera

Only Eight Copies Of The Gold Mega Man 4 Cartridge Exist, And It’s Worth A Fortune. August 13, 2014 . 5:02pm

Mega Man 4, or Rockman 4 in Japan, has been out for almost 13 years now, but not many people know about the existence of its super-rare golden cartridge.

Mega Man 4, or Rockman 4 in Japan, has been out for almost 13 years now, but not many people know about the existence of its super-rare golden cartridge that was given away in very limited quantities. Inside Games shared its story, which was recently featured on a Japanese TV show.

The game was featured on the TV show, Kaiun! Nandemo Kanteidan (which more or less translates to “Good Luck! The All-Appraisal Group”), which has been airing for about 20 years now.

The premise of the show is about a group of professionals who appraise all kinds of different objects presented by various people, from celebrities to local farmers.

In the latest episode of the show that aired on August 12th, a famous illustrator by the name Yo****aka Enomoto was featured as a guest. While he is known as an illustrator, manga artist, and painter, his most prized possession is the golden Mega Man 4 cartridge, which is something he’s had since he was a young boy.

Back in 1991 when Enomoto was still in middle school, he entered a contest held by Capcom to design a boss character. Out of about 70,000 entries, his design for “Pearlman” was chosen for the eight bosses to be featured in the game, which ended up being the “Brightman” Mega Man fans all know today.

After winning the contest, he and the seven other artists were awarded special golden cartridges for Mega Man 4. These copies were never reproduced, and were considered quite the collector’s item at the time.

20 years later, Enomoto decided to find out how much the cartridge would be worth today through the TV Tokyo program. Contestants in the show start out with their own figures before the appraisal, which Enomoto went with a humble 78,000 yen ($761).

As it turns out, the team of appraisers started out by saying that the regular copy of Mega Man 4 would have the value of 700 yen ($6.85) but since Enomoto’s was such a rare copy, they decided to give it a whopping 400,000 yen’s value (about $3,900).

The report doesn’t mention whether Enomoto decided he’d like to sell the cartridge or not, but given its sentimental value from his earlier days as an artist, it’s safe to assume that it’s being kept nice and cozy by the original Brightman designer.

Read more stories about Capcom & Mega Man 4 on Siliconera.
source: Siliconera

yeah well someone might have that cartridge. and seeing how the forum's busy they miht miss it. but in any & every place there might be some peeps that like to stay to only just one section of the forum alone.

It was done in case they don't ever look on other parts .

Just making sure they see it. yeah it may be odd( And I admit it is) but there are people like that.

I don't see what's wrong with it? I've known about the gold cart for awhile, but it's always nice to inform more about anything MM related.

I don't know, it just seems like a throw away puff piece really, not something I feel worth bumping two threads that haven't had a post in almost 8 months. But YMMV, I guess. I was expecting news about games or something.

well there is the battle net work thread but I made that separate for the reason cause it was new news and coming to the Wii U I did think hard if I should have dropped it here. but I went a made new thread cause well it was new something for the consoles and I thought it needed it's own thread .

Personally, I would've just dropped it in The Gaming Lounge or something. I'm kind of a bump Nazi, though, haha.

there's a twitch mega man stream happening now
! They'll be playing a huge variety of different games, though I have picked out themes for each weekend.
! They'll be playing a huge variety of different games, though I have picked out themes for each weekend.

d1a7d9f611.png

Where can you watch this.

LINK FOR STREEMS: http://www.twitch.tv/hedgey
LINK FOR BOOKFACE PAGING: https://www.facebook.com/hedgeyimported

The Marathon: Megaman legends 1&2 Aug 16th it's now

Last edited:
Heh, you guys get uppity about this thread getting updated. :hehe:

Heh, you guys get uppity about this thread getting updated. :hehe:
Can't blame them. Until capcom actually makes a new game it'll be this way but other places they put this up in other forums and are watching this in case they drop some weird surprise . which why those other forums put it up.

they want a new Maga man game as well, but they don't get mad as here as fast as possible. They are disappointed at times with capcom when they don't do something with him or are trolling us fans. Amway I put this up here cause like there it's a just in case they spoil a surprise.

It's mostly capcom's fault for messing with peeps with the franchise that this happens Anyway .

Last edited:
Kay, well since any Mega Man news warrants a post, Nintendo has released a new Streetpass/Spotpass Mega Man panel for The 3DS's Mii Plaza Puzzle game. It's the first (not exclusive to Japan) non-Nintendo panel made available.

Kay, well since any Mega Man news warrants a post, Nintendo has released a new Streetpass/Spotpass Mega Man panel for The 3DS's Mii Plaza Puzzle game. It's the first (not exclusive to Japan) non-Nintendo panel made available.

That's awesome do you have a link to that ?

You can call it being uppity if you want, but I honestly just don't like random bumps to months old threads about nothing of any warrant. If a thread is so old, and it gets bumped, I do expect it to be news of some substance. Not a puff piece about some golden cart or a twitch about people playing older games that just so happen to be playing Mega Man.

Not singling out zenith or anything. I see it happens in other boards (especially in the movie boards with ****ing Lord). I'm not mad or anything, it's not like I see it as some huge insult or anything, but I generally don't understand what the point of doing it is. We have a Lounge in the misc game section exactly for stuff like this.

You can call it being uppity if you want, but I honestly just don't like random bumps to months old threads about nothing of any warrant. If a thread is so old, and it gets bumped, I do expect it to be news of some substance. Not a puff piece about some golden cart or a twitch about people playing older games that just so happen to be playing Mega Man.

Not singling out zenith or anything. I see it happens in other boards (especially in the movie boards with ****ing Lord). I'm not mad or anything, it's not like I see it as some huge insult or anything, but I generally don't understand what the point of doing it is. We have a Lounge in the misc game section exactly for stuff like this.
understood but seeing it was cartridge based in what's likely to be a Nintendo one of all the cartridges that are only ever still talked about by any press when comes to that, it would have been more appreciated here.

Then it ever will there since others in the lounge don't care for nintendo old or new unless it news or near controversy at times (there are rare occasions) like them not allowing mash bro's in tournaments or when they do something stupid like that.

I see that area for pure business sense about the industry over all alone some times too. Not that wouldn't put it there ,but it just wouldn't been cared about regardless. I do understand what your saying. I'll just put news that about capcom coming to their sense's and making a new mega man title that people here will actually want to hear about aNd play, cause that all that wanted to be heard these days.

Though the likely hood isn't high right now. Anyway I made this more easy for my self or others to find so many people put Mega man in their posts other treads here and it's hard to find in normal search.

Thanks man

Last edited:

hHFnjR7.jpg

That comic is fantastic. Also, I'd kill for a new Toejam and Earl. Played the bad place outta that as a kid

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"