Megan Fox WON'T be in TF3

Discussion in 'Transformers: Dark of the Moon' started by mclay18, May 19, 2010.

1. mclay18

mclay18 Well-Known Member

According to Nikki Finke of Deadline.com, Michael Bay elected to not pick up Megan Fox's option to star in Transformers 3. A new actress will be cast as the female lead (they won't recast Mikaela Banes, it's a new love interest).

Comments, thoughts?

2. kickass

kickass Well-Known Member

I thought they've already begun filming with pictures of Megan Fox with Bumblebee.

3. mclay18

mclay18 Well-Known Member

Guess that was before her contract was signed.

No big loss.

4. Dark_Lord

Dark_Lord Dark Lord of the Sith

It wouldn't have bothered me if she wasn't in the second movie, but not having her in TF3, after TF2, seems kinda stupid to me. It's not a big deal though, I just find it weird.

5. Octoberist

Octoberist point blank

she was the least of the problems in Transformers 2. Losing her won't save us from john turturro wearing a thong or giant robot balls.

6. spideyboy_1111

spideyboy_1111 Young Avenger

eek... as much as some people don't like megan, or these movies... I think dropping her out of no where will kinda hurt the film... alot of guys do enjoy her eye candy in the films... and for what the films are i even enjoy her in them. Much more then i do Sam anyway... *yawn*

7. J.Howlett

J.Howlett Guest

It's true. etonline.com just got word from a Paramount rep. that it's true...and if so, I'm kind of pissed about it. She's essentially getting fired for saying the same things that Shia said. But, Megan never said, in public she didn't like the second flick...

Shia has made similar comments about Bay in the last year as well, just not as colorful as Megan's.

Either way, she's done now...and it's a shame. I don't think many gave her a chance from the start.

8. I SEE SPIDEY

I SEE SPIDEY Well-Known Member

She should have just shut her mouth.

After that terrible Jonah Hex movie flops she will be donezo.

9. Chris B

Chris B Well-Known Member

Meh. I've never had a problem with Fox or her performance as Mikaela in either TF1 or 2, but I'm indifferent towards seeing her go.

10. kickass

This pisses me off and I don't understand why ppl celebrate this news.

It will now seem like Shia and Megan's STORY from the first film is comepletely and utterly irrelevant now.

I don't care what ppl say about her acting, her and Shia made a great team in these films. They were the foundation and laywork for the story. Without her, good acting or not, ppl won't be as endearing toards the new *****. No matter how much they think they will be because they hate Megan, they won't be. Megan will already be established from 2 other films, this new broad will have to be a "introducing character".

And I also don't get why ppl think Bay is getting his "revenge". I would have thought after 2 films Michael and Megan would have developed a relationship where they can ****talk each other and just laugh it off when they meet again. Shia talked ****, and instead everyone is now sucking his dick.

RE-TARD-ED.

11. Raiden

Raiden Wakanda Forever

I think it's a shame that she's not in TF3. Despite her flaws (although her tendency to speak bluntly isn't one of them), she helped make the first two movies interesting with her sexy appearance and street-smart personality. After what her & Shia's characters went through in ROTF, it seems rather absurb that Shia would "suddenly" get a new gf. And wasn't it not long ago that Bay publicly called out to Fox during one of his TF3 announcements?

However, I think this will hurt Fox moreso than TF3, because aside from the first two TF movies, Fox didn't have any other blockbusters, and it seems unlikely that Jonah Hex will turn out to be a BO success (from the look of it). Fox is still an 'It Girl' and has numerous endorsement deals like Calvin Klein, but this title is regularly bestowed to different hot chicks in Hollywood, and just as easy Fox gets famous, she could find herself getting those straight-to-DVD movie deals if she's not careful.

12. J.Howlett

J.Howlett Guest

kickass is right. It pretty much invalidates the first two films... in terms of Sam's story...how the spin this in the film will be a near miracle...

13. J.Howlett

J.Howlett Guest

14. kickass

Thanks for that. It really is stupid. It now ****ed up the journey these 2 characters were on TOGETHER.

Again I would like to ask.........didn't they start filming already? There were pictures of Megan with Bumblebee!

I will absolutely DIE if Megan is gone.....but the twins end up staying (regardless of Bay's "promises") LMAO! :woot:

15. Raiden

Raiden Wakanda Forever

I'm pretty sure that this decision didn't lie with Paramount, but Michael Bay. Fox peeved Bay off after criticizing ROTF publicly and irked Bay, but I thought they'd make up and move on. I guess it didn't really happen. Funny how Shia did pretty much the same thing but he'll be back in TF3, but then again it's Sam's story and Bay can't get rid of him or recast even if he wants to. Besides, Spielberg is the executive producer and he's the one who wanted Shia for Sam's part, so Shia can freely speaks his mind unlike Fox.

16. webhead731

webhead731 I'm a photographer

Thank God. I like the Transformers movies for their comedy and really good action scenes, and some of the story themes are really nice (though the over plots need a bit more), and the score is fantastic.

She hurts them though. She just comes off as a skank, and I can't come to like her character. Good news for me.

17. VenomVsSpidey

VenomVsSpidey Well-Known Member

you know webhead, if I didn't know any better I would think you were happy about this. :p

18. DW4

DW4 Well-Known Member

Pretty much my thoughts on the matter. After the whole lame "I love you," crap. I also am intrigued to see Shia's reaction as they have grown close over the past two films. She wasn't bad at all in the films either but this is Michael Bay being Michael Bay, who is a huge *****e.

In-universe this is going to be weird though. We've seen Sam and Mikaela and were used to them. After how much they've been through and now they break up out of no where? Bay will probably do some crappy way to explain it to because he sucks.

It's weird too because last night I watched TF2 for some reason and all it did was make me wonder how much potential it had and how it fell fat on it's face.

What an ignorant statement.

19. webhead731

She also ruins any exciting feelings that Jonah Hex trailer might have given me.

"Searched you pretty good"
    "Wouldn't you?"

Shut up! :cmad:

20. kickass

21. DW4

DW4 Well-Known Member

She's not that bad, you're overreacting. Her "Can you" line was worse than that and that's just bad writing.

22. webhead731

It's not that it's bad acting, it's just the way she comes off. Like, are we supposed to feel good about her characters when she says things like that?

I just facepalmed when I first saw that trailer. It's there for one thing: horny teenagers. :dry:

23. spideyboy_1111

spideyboy_1111 Young Avenger

24. kickass

.........which we ALL were (and some still are) :whatever:

25. Chewy

Chewy REDACTED

http://www.thewrap.com/ind-column/exclusive-who-could-replace-megan-fox-transformers-3-17549