Supergirl Mehcad Brooks is Jimmy Olsen

They made Lois Lane a redhead and she's more popular than either of them. Take the win, bud.

To be fair, Lois's hair color changes every 30 years while Dynamite Entertainment kept flip flopping on Margo Lane's hair color every month when it comes to The Shadow: blonde like Penelope Ann Miller's from 1994 film in one issue, brunette (as described and depicted) the next!

Reading the other thread on Kara and wondering why they changed her hair color to blondish with all of this "thinking outside the box"?

The more I think about the casting the more I like it. It's inspired. Again, if you don't like it, don't watch it. There are plenty of other versions with a white Jimmy Olsen over 70 odd years of films and TV to watch if you don't like the casting in this version.

They made Lois Lane a redhead and she's more popular than either of them. Take the win, bud.

I always try to ignore it but Lois Lane being a redhead in the movie really bugs me.

Reading the other thread on Kara and wondering why they changed her hair color to blondish with all of this "thinking outside the box"?

Supergirl is at least somewhat iconic. Jimmy is not.

Supergirl is at least somewhat iconic. Jimmy is not.

I would venture to say most lamen viewers would know Jimmy Olson over Supergirl.

I just don't like the casting. Too much of a change. One man's opinion. I'm Caucasian btw.

I don't think so. Even if Jimmy is more well known by name, more people would recognize an image of Supergirl.

Well, I won't go that far.

Adams is fine as Lane, I just wish she dyed her hair dark brown or black for the role.

Ditto.

The bottom line is the same here as it was for Perry White.You've got a character that's been around near 70 years.Your Grandfather knows who he is.You can't really claim at this point,that a character like Jimmy is too "insignificant" to complain about comic book fidelity.

But it seems we're doomed to go through this indefinitely. We were just lucky,I suppose,that Arrow actually decided to create a black character for the show.One that everyone really likes and doesn't have the stigma attached of being race changed.

The bottom line is the same here as it was for Perry White. You've got a character that's been around near 70 years.Your Grandfather knows who he is.You can't really claim at this point,that a character like Jimmy is too "insignificant" to complain about comic book fidelity.

I actually have zero problems with the casting of Laurence Fishburne as Perry White in Man of Steel because he still physically looks like the character to me just with a different skin color. He was still portrayed as the no nonsense but likable newspaper publisher he is in the comics.

How ever does Jimmy Olson being a black guy impact anyone's life? The didn't cast Mechad Brooks as Supergirl, for crying out loud!

How ever does Jimmy Olson being a black guy impact anyone's life? The didn't cast Mechad Brooks as Supergirl, for crying out loud!

It seems to challenge alot of people's beliefs, and it seems to go beyond being "true to the comics" for alot of people. That's what i've gotten from the reaction to it around the web at least.

It seems to challenge alot of people's beliefs, and it seems to go beyond being "true to the comics" for alot of people. That's what i've gotten from the reaction to it around the web at least.

It is a silly reaction. Many comics are filled with characters that have been around since starting in the late 1930's. Superman has been around since what... 1938? It is not like the cast of characters were diverse. In fact, racist undertones and actual blatant racism were present in the pages of comics for a very long time. I am fine with Jimmy Olson being portrayed as a black guy for this show.

Ok, so Jimmy Olsen is a black man. Other than "That is not how he appeared in the comics", can someone give me a reason how this casting ruins anyone's life?

Why does Super Girl need Jimmy Olsen ??

If you need to make show racially diverse. If need to make Jimmy a athletic older guy. Probably won't be the inept little buddy with a supersonic watch.

Then why not introduce Olson James to the show. It's a nod to history but respectful to canon.

A muscular, handsome, 6 foot 4 inch tall, 34 year old Jimmy Olsen with six pack abs?....

I am telling you right now there are going to be PLENTY of shirtless Jimmy Olsen Six pack ab scenes throughout the series.. PLENTY of them...

This show already sucks...:o

Quick everybody, describe Jimmy Olsen.

Defenders just admit it is a miscasting.

Someone who isn't muscular, nor has six pack abs. He is someone short in height with a somewhat high boyish voice. He does NOT have a manly sexy voice. He is a teenager to mid 20's, Not a mid 30 year old man. Jimmy Olsen isn't supposed to look like her can beat up Batman. He is small and skinny. Since the average superman comic book reader does not have six pack abs, nor is muscular, He was someone many could identify with. Since you can't be an overly muscular Superman, you could take pictures and be like Jimmy Olsen.

Its not like TV has a ton of ginger role models for boys either. Conan? Carrot Effin Top? I find it funny that defenders of stuff like this thinks everything has to be great just becouse Hollywood changes it. Hollywood has not become all liberal and noble suddently. Its just an effort for more viewers=money.

Create new characters that arent White instead. Like Diggle. This is just a modern version of having White people playing black or native americans with make-up on. Just comes across a bit racist to be honest. There should be tons more asian,latino,black etc original characters on TV.

A muscular, handsome, 6 foot 4 inch tall, 34 year old Jimmy Olsen with six pack abs?....

I am telling you right now there are going to be PLENTY of shirtless Jimmy Olsen Six pack ab scenes throughout the series.. PLENTY of them...

i don't have a problem with that

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"