Mel Gibson and Frank Grillo to take on Boss Level

So... now we’ve had a Groundhog Day alien invasion movie and a Groundhog Day teen slasher film. I guess Groundhog Day as a 90s DTV action movie was inevitable.

It should be just as mediocre as the rest of his films.

The Grey is mediocre? sure buddy..

I thought The Grey sucked. It’s basically two hours of Liam Neeson acting like he knows what he’s doing and stupidly getting everyone killed. And then we’re robbed of a final fight/death at the very end. The latter wouldn’t have bothered me so much if they hadn’t used that scene in all of the marketing. But they did, and so I spent the whole movie anticipating that big confrontation only to get robbed of it.

And the rest of his material is average at best. The A-Team was well cast, but the story wasn’t good and it didn’t really capture the feel of the show. Smokin’ Aces had its moments but it still felt like a knockoff of a Tarantino crime flick. And Narc was good but ultimately just dissolved into Ray Liotta and Jason Patric screaming at each other forever.

Exclusive First Images from Joe Carnahan’s ‘Boss Level’ Find Frank Grillo Trapped in a Time Loop

I got to see an early screening and am happy to report the film kicks all kind of ass. Carnahan and Grillo have crafted their version of Groundhog Dayand Edge of Tomorrow that’s loaded with crazy characters, over-the-top violence, and inventive action set pieces.

Finally, while Boss Level will be released later this year around the world…if you’re in Los Angeles in the middle of February, perhaps you might be able to see it a little sooner. More on that soon…

I saw Joe Carnahan's BOSS LEVEL and that movie is gonna ****in' PLAY. (Perfect for a @SXSW drop if they're looking.) Tightly structured riff in the GROUNDHOG DAY/EDGE OF TOMORROW vein with a magnetic Frank Grillo front and center.
Kris Tapley (@kristapley) | Twitter

4l8lGR2.jpg

oNy7f6F.jpg

rFVO4Xr.jpg

First time I’m hearing about this movie and I’m interested in seeing it. Always nice to see Mel

Must be getting a worldwide release then, that's cool. Sounds interesting.

I was sold on this the minute I heard Mel Gibson and Frank Grillo were going to be in it. I do enjoy the majority of Carnahan's films as well, especially The Grey and Narc. Hopefully this gets a wide enough release.

Carnahan and Grillo? I'm so down.

LOL, that poster is all kindsa cheesy, but that’s clearly what they were going for. Glad to see that there’s some good buzz around it because I always enjoy Grillo. I have my reserves about Gibson as a person but I’m always down for anything involving Naomi Watts and Michelle Yeoh.

Glad to hear there's movement.

I think Amazon has picked it up for it's International release because their Prime France Twitter account advertised it for a November release a while ago and then apologised saying it would be delayed.

I feel like Gibson is just saying "what the hell" and letting himself be bat**** crazy in his post-meltdown roles and I'm kinda into it.

This movie was surprisingly fun. Pretty much groundhog Day mixed with smoking aces.

If marvel is looking to cast leiko Wu in the MCU then Selina lo would be a great pick.

So ones he figures out how he died he'll be left to die? Sounds like a crappy way out!

Doesn’t look as fun as I hoped it would be. And I love time loop stories.

I don’t know guys, I think it looks fun. It has a sense of its own ridiculousness and I like that.

This was better than I thought it would be. I love the time loop genre so I appreciated they skipped the part where the character slowly realizes what happens. There’s not actually a lot of action but a lot of dark humor. Frank Grillo really made this fun to watch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"