Supergirl Melissa Benoist IS Supergirl/Kara

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this series being shot in Vancouver...?

could be the lighting too. i feel like it'll look lighter in better lighting when they're filming.
also, when you're going that light from so dark it's a process, and you have to give your hair time to recover or the chemicals will kill it or cause it to break more etc

It's possible. Helen Slater has been blonde for decades so she will look blonder, whereas Melissa is only just going through the bleaching process. I do hope it goes a bit lighter though by the time they start filming.

I just think they would already have her at the color they want since it starts shooting in less then 2 days.

9phuwVf.jpg

https://twitter.com/itsmmbenoist/status/572448672966787072/photo/1
:ilv:

I'm guessing Helen Slater has to be playing Mrs Danvers, because she looks like she's Kara's mother in that photo.

If the hair is brown at all times will anybody besides me not be okay with that?

won't bother me.
at this point it's not even brown anymore, it's dirty blonde

I'd prefer it to be a bit lighter.

anyways, Melissa is looking really cute in that pic.

again, I think she's prettier with the lighter/blonder hair color.

I'd prefer it to be a bit lighter.

anyways, Melissa is looking really cute in that pic.

again, I think she's prettier with the lighter/blonder hair color.

I would prefer it lighter too. Bear in mind though, that the contrast between her hair and Helen Slater's hair make's Melissa's look darker. Maybe when she's seen by herself it won't look as dark?

Helen Slater herself is evidence that someone can go from dark hair to blonde hair and have it look perfectly natural. So it can be done.

Official first look at the costume:

SUPERGIRL-First-Look-Image-Full-Body.jpg

SUPERGIRL-First-Look-Image-Headshot.jpg

http://www.thewrap.com/supergirl-delivers-first-look-at-melissa-benoist-in-title-role-photos/

The Supergirl costume was designed by Academy Award winner Colleen Atwood, who designed the costumes for The CW’s “Arrow” and “The Flash.” Atwood’s big-screen credits include “Alice in Wonderland,” “Into the Woods,” “Snow White and the Huntsman” and “Sleepy Hollow,” among others.

Atwood said that she wanted to honor the character’s legacy but with a contemporary approach.

“In designing Supergirl, I wanted to embrace the past, but more importantly, thrust her into the street-style action hero of today,” Atwood noted of her latest creation.

It may not have looked exactly how I wanted it to, but it's definitely of cinematic quality.

It may not have looked exactly how I wanted it to, but it's definitely of cinematic quality.

Definitely cinematic, and not overly busy. I like its simplicity without the designer feeling the need to add too many details.

It's alot simpler than I expected. It's essentially an updated version of the Helen Slater suit:

Supergirl-Helen-Slater-36.jpg

I'm glad it's simple though. Sometimes simplicity is best. I did prefer though that Helen Slater's Supergirl costume had boots below the knees and showed off her bare legs.

I want to see what this looks like in daylight though and within the series. I'm hoping we won't get dark and desaturated cinematography for the show.

It's surprisingly old-school. It's basically her comic book costume, just with a slightly longer skirt, her legs are covered, and slightly darker shades of blue and red (there's your MOS influence right there). I wasn't big on the skirt, but the leggings make me more ok with it, they balance out. All in all I like it.

I like it. It reminds me of a cross between the Helen Slater suit (as noted), the New 52 suit (which is what I was hoping for), and the Lois & Clark suit (albeit with darker colors).

It's also got a very similar aesthetic to the costumes on Arrow and Flash, which is nice.

I like it. It reminds me of a cross between the Helen Slater suit (as noted), the New 52 suit (which is what I was hoping for), and the Lois & Clark suit (albeit with darker colors).

It's also got a very similar aesthetic to the costumes on Arrow and Flash, which is nice.

Don't really see the Lois & Clark influence in it. Dean Cain's blue in his Superman suit was pretty dark itself anyway. But the material is completely different and the rest of the look.

v4fau3S.jpg

0HqEHZp.jpg

Mind ya Laura Vandervoort from "Smallville" is still my favourite version of Kara Zor-EL.

5sSsxaK.jpg

I was never that fond of Laura's version. And you can see already from the photos that Melissa's version looks closer to Helen Slater both in costume and type of actress they've gone for. Helen Slater easily looks the most iconic though.

I like it. Go Melissa!

Just go a bit blonder and lose the tights over time please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"