Men In Black: International

Discussion in 'Misc. Films' started by teewee1432, May 3, 2013.

1. teewee1432 Registered

Men in Black 4 Planned with Oren Uziel Scripting
    Source: The Wrap
    May 3, 2013
    19 0

Following a tremendous $624 million worldwide box office last year with Men in Black 3, Sony Pictures has brought aboard Oren Uziel to script a fourth adventure in the comedic sci-fi franchise. The Wrap has the news that Uziel will script both MIB 4 and will perform rewrite duties on 21 Jump Street 2.

Uziel, who has previously written for the webseries "Mortal Kombat: Rebirth," is also known for his upcoming horror comedy screenplay, The Kitchen Sink. That film features a human, a vampire and a zombie teaming up to prevent an alien invasion.

Although no confirmations have been made as of yet, Barry Sonnenfeld has directed all three entries in the Men in Black franchise and all three films have featured Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones as Agents J and K, respectively.

ComingSoon.net spoke with Smith at the MIB 3 junket last year and asked him about his thoughts on returning for a fourth film.

"We'll have to see what people say," Smith said. "If there's a good reaction to this movie, it's not something I would be against. Hopefullly we're not going to keep the same pattern. It was five years between the first and second and ten years between the second and third. That would be twenty years. I'll be 63 years old. It's just not a good look."

Hannah Panana likes this.
  2. I SEE SPIDEY Registered

So much for people calling the 3rd one a failure money wise. It didn't do gangbusters because of it's huge budget but it's obvious it made some cash if the studio is even thinking of making a sequel.

Granted this doesn't mean that a sequel is 100% going to be made.

3. Tanin Vladeck

I loved the 3rd... I hope they keep up the high quality.

4. Drizzle Yesferatu

Will Smith isn't good at math, is he?

5. Tanin Vladeck

He doubled apparently.

6. jacobed Registered

Quite the contrary he's quite good because he followed the pattern.

7. Kirmit Big Green Machine.

I actually preferred the third over the second and loved Josh Brolin as young K, hope he could return somehow.

8. CGHulk Registered

I agree with this!

9. TheDreamMaster The Night He Came Home...

If they want K around, maybe they can de-age him or something. Yeah, it'd kind of mess with the idea of death in the MIB universe, especially as Zed died, but maybe its a side effect of alien weaponry or something. After all, TLJ surely won't be running and gunning much in another sequel if it takes a few years to get made.

10. Gabe99 Registered

Variety:
    Amy Pascal’s Exit Could Affect Sony’s Spider-Man Franchise, ‘Dragon Tattoo’

11. bullets bang bang

Combining Jump Street with Men in Black would do good business.

12. Lord All Mighty

Men in Black was so costly due to the production, but the film still made realy good business for a franchise that had not released a new instalment in 10 years, You could even make one of those films with a smaller budget if you planned everything well, seems like a waste businesswise to abandon something that popular.

A Jump Street/ Men in Black crossover could be good business too.

13. hoy-small-fry It's a dance-off bro!

I don't see any newcomer just flat out ditching MiB. Would be good to get another, but we don't need one really

14. Lord All Mighty

We don't realy need one, i agree, but considering SONY's position, i think they need a big franchise like that afloat.

15. bubbadoom Registered

set part 4 in the '70's using Josh B. and Will Smith's kid as young K & J...

16. CGHulk Registered

I say that the 4th movie should be set in the sixties with K and M.

#16 CGHulk, Feb 7, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
  17. Alien Anal Registered

Does anybody remember the Mib cartoon? It had a pretty cool feel to it, almost like the matrix. Its funny that these days everything gets made into a gritty reboot but The Mib did it in reverse and made the cartoon gritty..personaly id like to see a Mib movie done more closer in tone and style to that of the cartoon rather than the Mib films we have had.

18. Lord All Mighty

I haven't watched that cartoon in years, probably in more than a decade, i remember realy liking it and some episodes being a little creepy. Something close to that style could work, but MIB should at its core still be a "fun" film series.

#18 Lord, Feb 7, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
  19. Joined:
    Nov 20, 2009
    All they need to do is get Will Smith rapping again and making songs for his movies like say a new remix of Men in Black like he should have done for MIB3 and we're sweet. Oh and go for the Jump St. tone. As for crossing over, I'd say do one more MIB/Jump St./Ghostbusters not Fembusters before crossing over.

20. Alien Anal Registered

In a way The Matrix is a kind of MIB film. The agents are the Mib and neo and gang are the alien/ phenomena that they must take care of if they get out of hand. Cross over fan fiction!..Agents J and K discover they are agents working inbthe matrix! :p

21. hoy-small-fry It's a dance-off bro!

Nooooooooooooooooooo! Not Jaden "I can't act but fly on my father's coattails" Smith!

22. Lord All Mighty

What happened to Jaden though? He was realy good in The Karate Kid, but been terrible in every role ever since.

23. TheVileOne Registered

Speak for yourself on The Karate Kid.

24. Spiderine Sho nuff

Men In Black gets worse with each sequel. Hated the last film.

25. Lord All Mighty

I watched it almost half a decade ago, but i remember liking him in Karate Kid quite a bit. I disagree about tha tlast statement, MIB was easily better than the 2nd film, it was far from being a perfect movie, but i found it to be kinda fun.