Men In Black: International

I don't think it needs to be a complete reboot. Same division but maybe a newly made branch on the west coast..which was the original idea for the Ghostbusters sequel.

A Men in Black and Ghostbusters crossover I'd like to see. Not gonna lie... Better than a Jump Street one. Ghosts and aliens? Sony's probably considered this.

I like both those ideas.

I'm fine with that. Writing out L in the second movie was always disappointing to me (especially since bringing K back was not only really contrived, but kind of went against the entire point of the first film's really good ending).

I guess gender switching the lead is the new remake/reboot when it comes to extending old franchises.

To be no doubt played by one of these actresses: Jennifer Lawrence, Scarlett Johannson, Emma Stone or Alicia Vikander. They will not even look at black, Hispanic or Asian women.

Well, they may have an ethnic last name. :o

‘23 Jump Street-Men in Black’ Crossover Moving Forward With Director James Bobin (EXCLUSIVE)
Justin Kroll said:
The surprise may have been ruined in Sony’s hack fiasco last year, but insiders tell Variety the studio is indeed planning a “23 Jump Street”-“Men in Black” crossover movie.

According to sources, James Bobin, director of “The Muppets” and “Flight of the Conchords,” is in early talks to direct the action comedy. While no official greenlight has been given, Sony is already eyeing a June production start date.

A spokesman for the studio had no comment.

Bobin will be stepping in for Phil Lord and Chris Miller, who directed the first two pics but are unable to direct the crossover due to their commitment to the “Han Solo” pic they’re helming at Disney. Lord and Miller are still on as producers along with Neil Moritz, Walter Parkes and Laurie MacDonald of Parkes+MacDonald.

Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum will return to reprise their roles as Jenko and Schmidt, respectively. The two are also producing. As for Agent Jay and Agent Kay, execs have already made it clear Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones will not be reprising the roles they made famous as the studio looks to use this film to relaunch the franchise with younger, fresher faces.

With that summer right around the corner, these roles are likely to become two of the most coveted roles in town given the A-list talents the actors would be replacing.

The idea of intertwining both franchises into one film came to light during the Sony hack crisis in the winter of 2014 when a leaked email from former co-chair Amy Pascal surfaced, containing information regarding Hill’s involvement in the hybrid.

While there was criticism over social media about the idea, Sony still decided to move forward with it, setting Rodney Rothman to pen the script. Sources now say Rothman has delivered the script and the studio is pleased with it.

Plot details are under lock and key, with only a few copies of the script available; most people have to drive to the studio to read the script if they have any interest in pitching their client to direct.

While several directors met for the gig, sources say Bobin has been a favorite for some time. Bobin cut his teeth as one of the exec producers and directors on HBO series “Flight of the Conchords” before landing “The Muppets” movie at Disney.

He most recently directed “Alice Through the Looking Glass,” the sequel to “Alice in Wonderland.” He is repped by UTA.

Ah finally. I was waiting for someone to post this. I love the idea of this. MIB has had its run and has barely been interesting since the first movie. Someone on reddit just the other day was writing funny imaginary scenes for this movie.

I'd also love a fincher/cronenberg-esque noir MIB film.

Surprised Will Smith isn't trying to be involved too, Men in Black was his biggest film franchise. Even Tom Cruise is still holding on closely to Mission Impossible.

Hrm. Not sure I care. Still haven't seen MiB 3. The first one was like the 90s' Ghostbusters. Good stuff. But then it got milked.

Sony should have made this a GB/MiB crossover.
21 Jump Street works better as a crossover with Bad Boys.
I'm surprised they haven't announced a big Marvel style Sony movie universe yet.

Deadline:
Sony Flush With 2017 Franchises With ‘The Dark Tower’, ‘Bad Boys 3’, Barbie & Maybe ‘MIB23’ Slotted
Mike Fleming Jr said:
Sony’s The Dark Tower is now really real. Days after Stephen King tweeted his blessing and a confirmation that Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey are firmed to square off in the leads, Sony Pictures just staked the 2017 Presidents Day weekend for a global launch of the first installment of the Nikolaj Arcel-directed epic fantasy. The studio has also set Bad Boys 3, with Joe Carnahan directing a reteam of Will Smith and Martin Lawrence, for June 2, 2017, and it has set Barbie for Mother’s Day weekend, May 12, 2017.

Under Tom Rothman, Sony has been restocking its franchise arsenal, but it didn’t take long. Sony has an enviable 2017 release scheduling, if you add these films to the Spider-Man reboot with Marvel, The Equalizer sequel, another Resident Evil, The Emoji Movie, the Edgar Wright-directed Baby Driver, the Danny Boyle-directed Trainspotting 2, Jumanji, the overseas release of the Blade Runner sequel and very possibly MIB23, the long-in-the-works mash-up between the 21 Jump Street and Men in Black franchises that moves Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill from school narcs to alien hunters. Justin Kroll at our sister publication Variety just broke that the studio is in talks with James Bobin on the latter, replacing Star Wars-bound Phil Lord & Chris Miller.

I don't get it. What do MIB and Jump Street have even remotely in common?

Well the films are a pretty big departure from the series and is basically a parody of buddy cop films. So now its extended to the MIB. Its a bizarre leap but I don't think its that hard to see how they can connect.

Turns out Ice Cube was an alien the whole time!

If they're smart which is unlikely, they can parody cinematic universes.

To be no doubt played by one of these actresses: Jennifer Lawrence, Scarlett Johannson, Emma Stone or Alicia Vikander. They will not even look at black, Hispanic or Asian women.

Oh geez stop whining :whatever:

Even if you end up being correct, to state this with certainty at this stage when you have no idea who will star makes you seem like an insufferable cry baby.

At least wait until there's confirmation before getting the whole 'underrepresented' complaint ball rolling. I swear, it's like some posters here just LIVE to cry injustice in movies even when there's not even any evidence.

It's quite bizarre how so many dedicated to movies-works intended to improve your quality of life in some way- have now become oversensitive blowhards who want to project every injustice they perceive in the world onto even the most fantastic of fictional realms.

:loco:

Turns out Ice Cube was an alien the whole time!

This reminded me of Ice-T in Rick and Morty. :woot:

I don't know about MIB4, but as for the 23 Jump street crossover, if it has Tatum and Hill, I'm game. I figure they could pull the joke above, or they could say Ice Cube got another promotion, this time in the government and ended up the new head of MIB. Not like it has to be canon with MIB4, etc.

Hope it ends with Ice Cube saying: 'Now for your next assignment: Ya'll *****es are going to Hogwarts!' 24 Jump Street: And the Sorceror's Stone :awesome:

On reddit someone was posting up made up scenes that they wrote of what this film could be like.

Tatum: Hey...
Hill: (Ignoring him, working on opening test booklet.)
Tatum: (Continues trying to get his attention until he punched Hill)
Hill: Oww, what?!
Tatum: What am I suppose to write on?
Hill: Just us the packet. We're not suppose to talk to each other!
Tatum: It's made of like tissue paper.
Hill: Shh... Don't blow this for me! These guys are serious like the FBI or CIA.
Tatum: (Looks around in frustration and looking for an answer to his problem.)
In the middle of the room is a large white round coffee table. Tatum sees this as a solution to his problem. He places his test in the egg chair and grabs the back and pulls it loudly over to the table.
J and K are in the back room observing Tatum drag the chair to the table.
K: Bit different than you.
J:Yeah but he still knows the answer to the problem.
K: He doesn't
(In the room is Hill still in his egg trying to work on his test but tearing pages and breaking his pencil)

Edit: (In the shooting gallery. There have been some updates to targets. More on that later.)
Hill: So what did you get on the question about the tomato farm?
Tatum: Dude after the first ten questions, I just did AC DC over and over again.
(Tatum and Hill walk up to a small table with two guns)
Hill: Alright time to shoot.
Tatum: You mean my time to school you.
Hill: Could be stationary targets?
Tatum: Stationary targets are for fat mall cops. You think a terrorist is going to sit still for you?
(Before Hill can respond the blaring roar of the alarm sounds as the drill has begun)
Tatum: Watch and learn chief!
(The targets are now holografic. Tatum moves left to the first of two targets. A grey humanoin alien holds out a dish of fire. Tatum kicks the hologram down and pops two shots into it. The dish sets the alien on fire.)
Tatum: Welcome to Earth!
Hill: Oh my god he didn't do anything!
Tatum: He's an alien! We're working for NASA!! I'm going to Mars *****!! Going to become a space cop!!
(Hill follows after Tatum as the next target arrives. A small running target begins going up a flight of stairs to a door. Tatum takes a shot at it and it ducks.)
Hill: He's just running! He is not a target!
Tatum: The only good alien is a dead one! (Shoots the alien before it reaches the door)
Hill: Wait stop!! (Hill follows to the last target. The target is a grandmother in 1950's like kitchen. The kitchen set is real and grandma is not a hologram. Played by Betty White.)
Grandmother: Oh hello boys! Would you like some cookies? I just made them.
Tatum: Hell yeah! Shoot around is over. (Places gun on table and sits down to eat from tray at table. A bell dings)
Grandmother: Oh another batch is ready!
Tatum: Awesome Grandma! Got any milk?
Grandmother: In the fridge dear.
(Hill looks at the grandma and notices that she goes into oven and takes out tray with barehands.)
(Hill takes out gun and shoots Betry White in the head.)
(Tatum drops milk and looks at grandma then Hill, does and double take.)
Tatum: What?! Holy ****! Why did you shoot Grandma Cookies!??
Yes why did you? (K arrives onto the kitchen set and grabs a cookie and inspects it before eatting it.)
(Hill composes himself amd replies) Hill: Well sir, I uh saw the first two targets were aliens. But the first alien had a tray of fire and I thought that maybe he burned his dinner and needed a fire extinguisher.
(Tatum is enjoying Hill try to come up with a reason. He goes into fridge and takes out a soda from fridge to watch the **** show)
Hill: The next alien midget was running up the stairs. And while I thought that was suspicious, he wasn't hurting anyone and maybe he was like late for class or a meeting and had to run?
Hill: And grandma was just about to take that cookie sheet with her bare hands. Why would she do that? No body could do that. No... human. Sir.
Tatum: (Whispers but loud enough to be obvious) Or maybe she forgot to put the oven mitts on.
(K wrinkles his browl and takes another cookie and begins walking back to exit)
Hill: Sir did I fail?
(K stops in his tracks but without turning snaps his fingers.)
(The grandmother quickly rises back up again with a gapping head wound.)
(Hill and Tatum act shocked at this gastly revival.)
Grandmother: Nice shot dear. And take the cookies home with you. (Exits gallery)
Hill and Tatum look at each other and then at K almost at door.
K: Come along now, eye exam is next. (Voice slightly echos) End Scene)

There are more if you scroll down on this page
https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/48vbql/i_just_realized_that_men_in_black_is_one_of_the/

I think that sort of is the point. When the Sony leaks happened and it was revealed that Sony was planning this, i thought it was such a weird and "out there" idea that it kinda made sense.

What still surprises me is Sony wanting to reboot Men in Black so much. The 3rd film came out 10 years after the 2nd one, had a very troubled production and still managed to be among the 10 highest grossing films of 2012. Both Will Smith and Sony need some sure hits, i wonder why they don't simply put 1+1 together.

I think it makes sense from a business standpoint. Why? They can't afford to make another Will Smith MIB movie when he's not bringing in the money he used to. They spent I think about $400 million or even more on MIB 3. It didn't even break $200 million domestic. Will Smith is not the draw he used to be.

The Jump Street franchise is more popular and in the moment now. So they want to use those characters to try and revive their dormant and NEARLY dead MIB movie franchise. I mean did anyone want a sequel after the mediocre MIB 2? Not really. Then they made a sequel, and it was another box office disappointment.

So now, maybe try and do something weird and different and now bring in the stars of their newer franchise to try and revive their old one.

Will Smith basically priced them out of doing MIB 4 with Smith, Jones and Sonnenfeld. It just can't work anymore. It's too big of a financial risk.

I think this has potential to be hilarious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"