Men In Black: International

Good to see Elfman back, even if I hate this trend of pairing two composers together for the hell of it.

Still get the sense this is gonna feel really weird overall, an MIB flick not by Sonnenfeld. He has kind of a pretty unique style to his stuff, hope this can capture a lot of that weird whimsy to it. Still, mostly like Gray as a director, curious to see how it turns out.

I wonder if the trailer is coming soon. This looks like a character poster to me. Also it comes from Sony Pictures Fance who did jump the gun when the first trailer came out.

Yeah, pretty much my reaction. Elfman back = yay. Elfman back + some other random no-name dude = Elfman's heart's probably not exactly in it and aside from the classic themes returning it's probably gonna be pretty middling.

Elfman's credit here is likely a contractual thing. Chris Bacon is a frequent additional composer of his, so I imagine International will be his score done in Elfman's style, featuring his old themes. At best Elfman may have come up with a new theme or two.

It's like the many films Hans Zimmer is credited as lead composer on, when in actuality he had little to no involvement. The name credit is there to make the suits rest easy, something to get fans excited about. It's brand recognition.

Edgar will always be the coolest villain they had. They wasted Lara Flynn Boyle and Jemaine Clement.
Clement was a cool villain visually, but aside from that he kinda sucked.

Interestingly enough SM: Far From Home, another Sony movie, is going to have the second trailer drop on Monday while MIB: International still hasn't had their 2nd trailer. And i say this because MIB has an earlier release date by 3 weeks.

And the first trailer for MIB dropped on December. While SM: FFH teaser drop almost a month later in January.
Long story short, 2 movies that come out roughly at the same time but with different marketing strategies.

MIB: International should have their second trailer come out either later next week or the week after that.

EDIT: The SM: FFH trailer didn't drop.

Last edited:
Yeah, pretty much my reaction. Elfman back = yay. Elfman back + some other random no-name dude = Elfman's heart's probably not exactly in it and aside from the classic themes returning it's probably gonna be pretty middling.
I mean it's the score I don't really care much. I don't really notice a bad score.

Yeah, Clement's villain was surprisingly awesome after the bland-as-hell second movie, but he's still got nothin' on D'Onofrio as a giant murderous sugar-addicted zombie-Frankenstein-slash-cockroach.

So we are getting a lazy Elfman and Chris Bacon who's resume includes Source Code and Snatched and a bunch of Gnome animated features. Doesnt inspire much confidence.
Eh, as long is it means the main theme's in there, I'm good. The MiB score was never that special to me outside of that awesome theme.

Interestingly enough SM: Far From Home, another Sony movie, is going to have the second trailer drop on Monday while MIB: International still hasn't had their 2nd trailer. And i say this because MIB has an earlier release date by 3 weeks.

And the first trailer for MIB dropped on December. While SM: FFH teaser drop almost a month later in January.
Long story short, 2 movies that come out roughly at the same time but with different marketing strategies.

MIB: International should have their second trailer come out either later next week or the week after that.
I think trailer 2 will arrive later this week.

I pray that's not the final poster.

Looks more like a screengrab then a poster

I have been trying to figure out when does the "Official Trailer 2" comes out for this.
I checked another Sony movie to see if i could make some sort of parallel. Found Venom.

Venom
Official Trailer: April 23rd (5 months and 12 days before release)
Official Trailer 2: July 31st (2 months and 5 days before release)
Release Date: October 5th

MIB: International
Official Trailer: December 20th (5 months and 22 days before release)
Official Trailer 2: ??? *
Release Date: June 14th

* If trailer strategy for both movies is similar then we should be getting that 2nd trailer around the first week of April.

Probably with Shazam.

With Shazam or Endgame would be my guess.

D3E7ROfUYAENLaM.jpg

Tessa enjoys her big guns.

I really want this to work out well for both Chris and Tessa. They have good chemistry and have a lot of fun together.
But i gotta see that 2nd trailer and be conviced by it. The first trailer was alright but could have been so much better.

They have to nail that 2nd trailer. Hopefully with a more appeasing choice of music, more aliens, good action and an overall fun vibe. I gave my 2 cents regarding which song i would pick... It has a similar beat and vibe to MIB. This music would even play into the idea/theory that Tessa's character could be agent J's daughter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"