Men In Black: International

With Tatum and Hill back I'm interested. They should have Will Arnett return as Agent Double A, lol.

I think this sounds stupid and Im a big fan of both franchises. I dont see why. ESPECIALLY since Smith and Jones wouldnt be back.

BUt if it's good, I'll eat my words

This sort of reminds me of the post-Mission Impossible 3 situation where the studio thought about dropping Tom Cruise. In the end, they kept him, and he once again is one of the things that atracts people to that franchise the most. Dropping Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones sounds like a terrible decision.

SONY has rebooted too quickly lately, and so far, it seems to have done them much more harm than good. Their rebooted Spider-Man series pretty much failed and helped halt the momentum the franchise had with the Sam Raimi trilogy. Now their Ghostbusters reboot is getting a lot of hate. The last MIB film did around 600 million, and while it seems like the reason it didn't make all that much money when compared to the budget, i think that had to do with the terribly planned production. Rebooting another successful film series and drop names like Will SMith and Tommy Lee Jones just sound like asking for more unnecessary trouble.

Men In Black movies starring Smith aren't going to get cheaper. It's cost inhibitive to keep doing sequels with him.

Tommy Lee Jones in a Jump Street crossover... I won't blame him if he doesn't get it.

Who the heck comes along and says "You know what? This movie needs some Channing Tatum."

:doh:

I love MIB but I'm zero percent interested in this.

Who the heck comes along and says "You know what? This movie needs some Channing Tatum."

:doh:

To be honest, I kind of agree with someone I watched on YouTube a while ago, that said Channing Tatum is the most unfair person on the planet. He got really good looks, and he can be funny as hell. It's a winning combination in all scenarios. :oldrazz:

That said, I liked the Jump streets, and Tatum for that matter hasn't been bad in the movies of his I've watched, so I'm up to see if this thing works.

With Tatum and Hill back I'm interested. They should have Will Arnett return as Agent Double A, lol.

I'd actually kind of like something like this, have this take place in one the alternate universes where K was killed. That way in that one he never recruits J, and we don't have to worry about audiences asking where J and K are. I do hope they keep the same aesthetics of the old films though, the designs were always awesome. I'd kind of hate if it was just "Jump Street meets MIB" without anything taken from the previous MIB stuff. Kind of makes me wonder if Ice Cube will be getting a new job in this one.

Last edited:
Um.... everyone? Dude's awesome.

Yeah, I've never understood the hate he gets in these parts...

Anyway, I'm honestly looking forward to this a lot, it will be very interesting to see what direction it goes in.

Tatum got a lot of hate pre-2012, but he really did win a lot of people over with 21 Jump Street, myself included.

Maybe they'll make fun of how stupid this whole premise is and be totally meta about it like in 22 Jump Street?

Maybe they'll make fun of how stupid this whole premise is and be totally meta about it like in 22 Jump Street?

I think if Lord and Miller were directing i would have gotten over how dumb this sounds a lot easier.

I know....it's terrible. :csad: Might be something to watch this week.

I'm pretty sure MIB3 asked for Channing Tatum. Will Smith has his moments but I think the concept of MIB is what really sells the films

God, if this isn't handled in a smart way, it'll be the thing that it looks like. A really shameless cross pollination of brands. I get they'll probably be all meta but I don't think it will have the cleverness Lord and Miller had.

It's because he can't act worth a damn.

If it was 2011, sure.

If you watched Hateful 8 and Foxcatcher, I'll change your mind.

And no he's not playing the same character. In H8, he's a charismatic and cultured cowboy, and in FC, he's good hearted but naive.

Also, that damn number in Hail Ceasar was amazing; one of the best characters in the movie.

Any chance Sony will give us RoboCop at Hotel Transylvania sometime soon?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"