Men In Black: International

Oh, they'll try, but I don't think it'll be as clever as Lord and Miller who actually understand these things.

It won't. This is just a miscalculation. And it won't just **** up one franchise, but two.

If we have to talk about a cross over, even though it still wouldn't be a great idea, a Ghostbusters and Men in Black crossover just makes more sense. Tonally and stylistically both have similarities.

You know, I thought the same thing when I heard that 21 Jump Street was being rebooted as a meta-satire. I thought that this was going to be the movie that takes the current self-aware, meta trend too far and comes off as really stupid. Then it was perfectly executed by these writers and funny as hell. Then I thought the sequel would be stupid. They are trying to get clever with Hollywood's need to turn everything into a franchise that often just repeats the original and takes the joke too far...this would surely be the over-use of the meta-joke, right? Then it was funny as hell.

I thought the same thing with The Muppets and its sequel, but Bobin handled those perfectly.

I have no reason to doubt any of the creative team. So I say, bring it on!

I actually think that a standalone MIB IV could have potential. But I fear that a new Jump Street would get hit by the "third movie curse".

I wonder if Sony just does a Ghostbusters / Jump Street movie now that Ghostbusters failed and then Channing's character becomes a Ghostbuster since they were working on expanding the franchise with him.

I actually think that a standalone MIB IV could have potential. But I fear that a new Jump Street would get hit by the "third movie curse".

Same here. Make it a soft reboot with new characters at the helm. The last movie kinda fell flat for me. I think a fresh start could be good.

So who is part of the cast that needs a spin off? Or will they just set it in the 1960's?

Cant it just be any new character?

I want more MIB but Id rather it go in a darker more creepy place.

IMHO you can't say you want to reboot MIB like Jurassic World and snap your fingers and make that happen. With Jurassic World, the appeal is more for the dinosaurs wrecking shop on screen. That will always bring people out. Realistic looking dinosaurs in a large scale movie.

So you want to do a new MIB movie without Smith and Jones because they are too expensive, but what is that franchise without them? What's the hook?

IMHO you can't say you want to reboot MIB like Jurassic World and snap your fingers and make that happen. With Jurassic World, the appeal is more for the dinosaurs wrecking shop on screen. That will always bring people out. Realistic looking dinosaurs in a large scale movie.

So you want to do a new MIB movie without Smith and Jones because they are too expensive, but what is that franchise without them? What's the hook?

The world of the MIB is interesting enough without Smith and Jones

They said they wanna go more global so I assume that means more international agents and what not.

Why do I get a feeling this will be another case of gender swapping?

Sounds like a typical Rothman rush job.

I would watch a women in black.

Or maybe they will have different agencies. Men in orange, men in tartan etc

They wanna make it rain euros and Yuan.

I hope it's something that sets up MIB 4 (unlikely) and not a SJW agenda movie (more likely).

I loved MIB 3 and think it's an underrated gem, Boris is a great villain and I'm disappointed we didn't fully see his true boglodite form.

'Men in Black' Spinoff: F. Gary Gray in Talks to Direct
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/heat-vision/men-black-spinoff-f-gary-gray-talks-direct-1080888
The Men in Black may have found their next boss.

F. Gary Gray is in negotiations to helm Sony's spinoff of the property, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.

The film will follow new characters, rather than Agents K and J, played by Tommy Lee Jones and Will Smith in the original films. The approach is described as being akin to Universal's 2015 film Jurassic World, which revived the Jurassic Park franchise not as a straight reboot, but did bring on new characters that somewhat acknowledged what came before.

Gray is coming off a huge hit with last year's Fate of the Furious, which earned $1.2 billion worldwide. His 2015 film Straight Outta Compton was a commercial and critical hit.

Producers include Walter F. Parkes and Laurie MacDonald, with Steven Spielberg executive producing. David Beaubaire is overseeing for Sony.

I mean we'll see. Jones and Smith are part of the reason the first is so great and, to me, the 2nd is still watchable. Especially compared to the 3rd.

I dont really have much interest in seeing another 2 guys or girls doing the MIB thing. But I have been proven wrong

MIB 3 is vastly better than MIB 2, Josh Brolin is brilliant as young K.

Brolin is good, but he's not TLJ.
Jones and Smith just have that banter that wasn't replicated as well. Smith is more spry in 2. He just seemed bored through a lot of 2. The plot for 3 was just uninteresting.
2 is that sequel I acknowledge is nowhere near the first, but it's nice to see everyone back together again and it still feels like it was made with some "care"

3 to me just felt like. Well we wanna make another one. Jones is too old so let's do time travel. Frank? He's gone. The "rodents" weren't they gone too? The SFX were pretty damn bad. And the whole retcon of K knew J's dad for a minute was just dumb. The humor didn't even hit. None of the set pieces were that interesting.

But that's me

EDIT: Oh oh oh and the 3rd didn't even have a Will Smith song. So nah. **** the 3rd one.

Well they got a prominent director on board and Sony did manage to bring back Jumanji with The Rock...so...maybe this can work.

I didn't care for any of the Men in Black sequels. Not sure if there's a franchise without Smith and Jones, but maybe they can get some interesting people on board.

Well they got a prominent director on board and Sony did manage to bring back Jumanji with The Rock...so...maybe this can work.

I didn't care for any of the Men in Black sequels. Not sure if there's a franchise without Smith and Jones, but maybe they can get some interesting people on board.

If there still doing a male version (which I imagine SONY is doing after how GB16 worked out for them) I'm sure they're making all the calls they can for Boyega or B Jordan to be the black guy.

Sounds like it's just another movie in the same continuity, but with new characters years after Agents J and K had their adventures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"