The Defenders Merchandise?

MbJ

Avenger
Reaction score
I'm wondering, since we know the Netflix shows are presumably aimed at a more mature audience and won't be as wide reaching as the movies, what are the chances we'll still get some figures and merchandise for the shows?

I'm wondering, since we know the Netflix shows are presumably aimed at a more mature audience and won't be as wide reaching as the movies, what are the chances we'll still get some figures and merchandise for the shows?

I do hope this happens.

Diamond select and the big hot toys figures seem likely.

Busts and such......

Variety has a piece on it.
http://variety.com/2015/film/news/m...age-of-ultron-make-the-big-bigger-1201449832/

A new merchandising opportunity also is coming from Marvel’s slate of Netflix series developed around its superheroes, including Luke Cage and Jessica Jones. The first show, “Daredevil,” will have a smaller line of products that cater to a more adult audience, given the show’s edgier tone.

“The merchandise that’s being developed around the Netflix content is somewhat limited in scope,” Gitter said. “We’ll be focusing less on products that are targeted at the very young consumer,” but more on teens and adult fans with that shop at speciality stores or outlets like Hot Topic.

Each of the series will be supported by a Marvel Knights merchandise program that will open new opportunities for product lines, Disney said, as well as new collector focused opportunities.

But just having products at the ready for a Netflix series signals how producers can further monetize their shows streaming on the service beyond relying just on distribution dollars.

A Netflix series not based on a hit film didn’t scare off potential licensing partners, Disney said. Instead, they wanted to pair up with Marvel, given its previous successes on both the big and small screens.

“When we go to partners, they pretty much rely on history as being reflective of the future,” Gitter said.

I can't wait until they start selling glowing Iron Fist glove toys for the kids... I'll buy all of them.

I'd like to see some marvel legends figures for these characters. Dying for DD legends figures.

Id love to have Hot Toys figures for Black Ninja DD, season finale Red Suit DD, and Kingpin.

Id love to have Hot Toys figures for Black Ninja DD, season finale Red Suit DD, and Kingpin.

I had a conversation about someone last night and they said that Marvel can't do too many of these shows because they need to make money, but I said all the real money is in the merchandise, and that kids aren't the ones with the money. I know I'd buy a cool Daredevil bust if I saw one in the store, and I'm sure many of you guys would too. Thats why I think theres gonna be lots of merchandise targeted towards collectors and adults.

I wouldn't mind having some Marvel Select Daredevil figures. I'd take both the black ninja Daredevil and Red/Black MCU Daredevil. I've also heard some stuff about a Daredevil Marvel Legends wave showing up at Walgreen's later this year. Maybe we'll see a Netflix Daredevil in that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"