Metal Monstrosities - The Official Sentinels/Project Wideawake thread

1. Duke wouldn't necessarily have to be Trask or Lang in order to be connected to Project Widewake.

2. Having Lang and Trask in X3 does not guarantee a complete physical appearance by the Sentinels.

-TNC

TNC isnt it funny how half these people complain about too many mutants and castings but they wont give up on the sentinels? i mean if theres no room for cameos why should we have another enemy next to the phoenix the brotherhood and the cure (not talking about the musical band either) :D

It's not funny at all, but it does become a little of a nuisance.. :( IMO anyway

-TNC

tamron said:
I really hope they're human size. Idealistically, I'd want them to be Prime Sentinels. I think that was a cool idea that wasn't really used to its full benefit in the comics, but done right in the film, it adds a real threat. Mutants are not safe anywhere. Any human could be a Sentinel. To me, that scarier that a 25 ft robot, because those you can see coming. But would you expect your brother to be a Sentinel? Your next door neighbor? It also provdes good social commentary. Many bigots hide their opinions in the shadows.
OMG that was almost poetic! Well said :up:

**Sentinel really likes the imagery so much, that whenever they do have them in Xmen, he wants them to be "Prime Sentinels"**

All they have to do is come up with a unique and scary design, so that people wont think of "terminator".

TNC9852002 said:
It's not funny at all, but it does become a little of a nuisance.. :( IMO anyway

-TNC
Sentinel laughs @ TNC

Dont worry man, the movie will come out and everyone will forget their lofty speculations!

Angry Sentinel said:
Dont worry man, the movie will come out and everyone will forget their lofty speculations!
I'm far from worried, and that's usually how things go anyway...

-TNC

These cutesy titles are unbearable to read.

Well even if the Sentinels make it into the movie, I have a good feeling they'll only be used as a small action scene...such as a scene in which a Prototype Sentinel is activated to stop a particular mutant or used to protect the "cure" from being taken by Beast or something. It won't be anything major like a full-scale war against mutants I don't think.

It would be pretty cool if a few X-Men were captured and they tested a Prototype Sentinel out on them...like if Beast, Iceman, Angel, and Kitty were captured and they had to fight to survive against this new 10 ft. Robot made for the sole purpose of extreminating mutants.

I really don't think we'll see a Sentinel assault on the X-Mansion or anything like that. At most we might get to see Juggernaut rampage through the mansion looking for Xavier, but I have my doubts on that making it into the film as well.

Seeing tiny human sized sentinels is NOT good cinema.

We want to see the X-men fighting giant robots.

TheVileOne said:
Seeing tiny human sized sentinels is NOT good cinema.

We want to see the X-men fighting giant robots.

Personally I think 10-15 ft. Sentinels would work best...not too large to cause massive collateral damage, yet big enough to be a menacing and powerful threat.

In the words of Deion Sanders from that commercial from ages ago...."Both".

Then they get unleashed at the same time. And for anyone who wants cameos, it'll take more than just the x-men to take them down. Just picture it....

Thunderbird defending Camp Verde...then cut to the Guthries holding down their farm...then Lila and Dazzler fighting back at a concert gone wrong...Banshee at Cassidy Keep...the Hellfire Club...an army of Sentinels vs. an army of Madroxes...Sunfire and Silver Samurai in Japan with Yuriko...Rhane gets backed into a corner and transforms to Wolfsbane and tears the Sentinels a new one...Alpha Flight...Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch in Wundagore...Chamber's powers manifest blows his face and the Sentinels up after being overwelmed and seemingly not knowing he was a mutant (not the same as the comics, but would look cool on film)...Spiral and Longshot...etc.

And Xavier patches in to telepaths all over the world to organize the counterstrike...which allows cameos by Psylocke (w/Captain Britain), Emma, plus many more!!!

Wait a sec....it already happened. It's called "Independence Day" rotflmao

Well it was good to get all that off my chest!

^ :eek: :eek:
... However that's quite true! I pictured the Matrix: Revolutions:o

gregtestagent said:
So, it's official?
Nope, Really misleading thread title! This is all speculation. Some think that Bill Duke may play a certain Stephen Lang, but we still dont know for certain!

I read about the Duke stuff and I don't mind, what I'm really looking for is a official confirmation.

I'm thinking there might not be Sentinels in X3. What if there IS an X4 planned, and The Cure is basically the government's attempt to solve the mutant problem BEFORE they start hunting them down and killing them? Which they'd almost have to do if say, a certain Brotherhood made things difficult for them in X3.

The cure could be another excuse for cameos as well. Thousands of the mutants you know and love lined up to be "neutered"

im expecting some hints and stuff to possible sentinels and that Duke will be in the presidents office etc but no actual sentinels this time round, im thinkin next X film featuring a group of the x-men in whatever form if there is one will perhaps lead on from there

i doubt there will be a next movie. and considering sentinels were supposed to be in the last one they will alsmost defnitely show up barring some extreme problem

I doubt it. I really think that if there is any mention of the Sentinels in X3, it will be solely for the purpose of a storyline in X4...if there is one. I think FOX, Arad, and evevyone involved know that the cure and Phoenix sharing a movie is quite enough.

There was a reference to Project Wideawake in X2. I hope we get more of the governments plan B in this movie.

Do you guys think the some of the miniature work involve the Sentinels?

GNR4Life said:
Do you guys think the some of the miniature work involve the Sentinels?
Could be. Could also be Alcatraz, Alkali Lake or even Muir Island

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"