Metal Monstrosities - The Official Sentinels/Project Wideawake thread

terry78 said:
x1_1089829498.jpg
Considering that Wolverine's only 5ft tall, I don't think so :p

I'd think they'd use remote controlled Sentinel-like robots, looks along the lines of Robocop 2.

No purple and magenta... Just steel.

The head should have a passing resemblance to the comic style head... just to keep the fanboys happy.

I believe that Sentinel is a 12'' tall sculpt limited edition or something that was photoshopped in :p

Didn't want to creat a new thread on this because i'm not sure if it's from X-Men 3 or not. :confused:

X3 storyboard artist Tim Burgard is a graduate at the Entertainment Art Academy. On their official site they've got a 'reel' which shows off artwork from all their best students who have moved on to the entertainment industry. Theres one interesting piece of art in the middle of the reel.Is that Bill Duke? Are those Sentinels?I could be wrong....

Link: http://enterartacad.com/video/entartconvideo_mp4.mov
Source: http://enterartacad.com/

Tim Burgard: http://www.enterartacad.com/burgard.htm

That has to be X-Men going on there....But for X3?... :eek:

I see pink and purple Sentinels!.. :eek:

-TNC

There's a couple of X-men related looking ones.

29oj.jpg

16hs.jpg

...but I think you may be on to something with that being Bill Duke.

I'm not thinking its for X3. At the end, it mentions Marvel comics along with other production companies, none of which are Fox.

Hmmm,could be Bill Duke.This could have just been video game designs or something like that.As much as I want the Sentinels in X3,I doubt this is for X3.But what a coincidence with the whole Bill Duke thing.

Nice find Retro.

The top one does look very video gamey.

Hmmm,it's too bad we can't know who exactly was behind that Sentinel sequence.

*Retro this is where you come in =D*

Anyone know if these pictures look anything like the levels in XML?

Isn't there supposed to be an X3 game coming out as well? Could be from that. But looks interesting if it's any indication of what appears in the film ;)

The Sentinels looked alot like that in XML actually...And that first photo actually does resemble alot of the nuclear reactor factory levels from the game.. :(

-TNC

JP said:
I'm not thinking its for X3. At the end, it mentions Marvel comics along with other production companies, none of which are Fox.
That's exactly what I was thinking. It mentioned practically every other movie studio: Warner, Paramount, Universal. No FOX.

anything yet Retro?

Oh yea,to all you gamers,are there any characters in XML which look like that character in the 2nd pic?

I never seen the second pic in XML and I beat the game. The 1st one looks like a level though.

All I know is that those Sentinels look alot like they do in XML1...

-tNC

Well in the 2nd pic if the guy is white then it is from XML..if he isn't then I don't think it is from the game because the guy in control of the Sentinels was white.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"