** Metal ** The Thread! II

Anyone hear a fan of Kamelot or am I in the wrong thread?

I don't think you're in the wrong thread at all. I've listened to a few albums including Ghost Opera and Silverthorn. Love Tommy Karevik's voice btw. Became a fan when he appeared on the Ayreon album The Theory of Everything. Haven ain't too shabby of an album too.

Anyhoo, changing the subject - something from the latest Prog Metal Supergroup, Sons of Apollo featuring ex-Dream Theater members Mike Portnoy and Derek Sherinian, bass extraordinaire, Billy Sheehan, Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal on guitar and on lead vocals, Jeff Scott Soto. Digging the debut album 'Psychotic Symphony' right now

[YT]tG7hYazcfOw[/YT]

What do y'all think of Lacuna Coil? I've been listening to their latest album a whole lot and I think it's their best yet. Definitely heaviest yet I think.

What do y'all think of Lacuna Coil? I've been listening to their latest album a whole lot and I think it's their best yet. Definitely heaviest yet I think.

Yes, I like myself a little Lacuna Coil. Delirium was a very good album too. Blood, Tears, Dust is a favourite from that record if I remember correctly. And their previous record Broken Crown Halo wasn't too bad too. Cristina singing One Cold Day was amazing. Left me goosebumps! :)

Still haven't had the opportunity to catch them live yet. Missed their last tour of Australia sadly.

When I had first listened to BTBAM's Coma Ecliptic album after its release, I didn't have much opinion other than "eh I enjoyed it" after a listen or two. I've been listening to it again these past weeks and I have to say it is probably their most addictive album so far.

[YT]R40wAZxMsTg[/YT]

Used to listen to them back in the mid 2000's.

Can't ****ing wait for Primordial's new album.
[YT]7qzzOYMng0k[/YT]

And BTBAM released the first single of their upcoming album to be released in March:
[YT]Tq8u0uDK61E[/YT]

When I had first listened to BTBAM's Coma Ecliptic album after its release, I didn't have much opinion other than "eh I enjoyed it" after a listen or two. I've been listening to it again these past weeks and I have to say it is probably their most addictive album so far.
Same thing happened to me when I went through their albums recently... But Specular Reflection is still my favorite song of theirs.

Any thoughts on the new Judas Priest tracks?

Not exactly metal but anyone who likes bizarre prog-rock type stuff might like this 80s rock inspired Swedish band:

[YT]jbfsALc7pPc[/YT]

That was awesome. Though I'd say it has way more of a 70's vibe than an 80's one.

Last edited:
Great female-fronted post-metal band I discovered - Obscure Sphinx

[YT]oq0d14k--5E[/YT]
[YT]opZzLsYRFM8[/YT]
[YT]-I0RQ-8xzl0[/YT]

I know these songs are looong but they are worth to give them a try :woot:

Great female-fronted post-metal band I discovered - Obscure Sphinx

[YT]oq0d14k--5E[/YT]
[YT]opZzLsYRFM8[/YT]
[YT]-I0RQ-8xzl0[/YT]

I know these songs are looong but they are worth to give them a try :woot:
Never heard of them, but so far it sounds good. Gonna listen to their albums at work tomorrow.

Another female-fronted doom/sludge metal I discovered recently is SubRosa:
[YT]7wenNqTd5hU[/YT]
[YT]MP20Lvxm5ks[/YT]

My band Crimson Day released a new album, At the Mountains of Madness, in January! Here's the latest single Nightwalker, thought I'd share it here too:

[YT]lLMV2Qmg86Y[/YT]

The full album can be found in Spotify, iTunes etc. if you're interested.

Last edited:
That was awesome. Though I'd say it has way more of a 70's vibe than an 80's one.

Glad you enjoyed enjoyed it :up: Hah, very possible that I got my decades mixed up, probably not enough distorted keyboards to really have 80s cred. Unfortunately the rest of the album is a little generic, but that song is really great.

As for the other posters mentioning BTBAM, thanks for the reminder - I haven’tistened to their recent stuff, I’m keen to check it out. Viridian into White Walls on Colors is easily one of my favorite pieces of music.

I don't think you're in the wrong thread at all. I've listened to a few albums including Ghost Opera and Silverthorn. Love Tommy Karevik's voice btw. Became a fan when he appeared on the Ayreon album The Theory of Everything. Haven ain't too shabby of an album too.

Anyhoo, changing the subject - something from the latest Prog Metal Supergroup, Sons of Apollo featuring ex-Dream Theater members Mike Portnoy and Derek Sherinian, bass extraordinaire, Billy Sheehan, Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal on guitar and on lead vocals, Jeff Scott Soto. Digging the debut album 'Psychotic Symphony' right now

[YT]tG7hYazcfOw[/YT]

Im so sorry im so late in replying. I actually loved Silverthorn. Gonna have to give Ghost Opera a re listen been awhile, I'm feeling inspired now!

Who else here is into Ghost? Pumped and excited for their new album soon waiting for more news on it and the reveal of the new Papa and Ghouls.

Who else here is into Ghost? Pumped and excited for their new album soon waiting for more news on it and the reveal of the new Papa and Ghouls.

I love Ghost. I've seen them live four times now.

I was obsessed with Ghost a few years ago when I first heard this. It's so good. :funny:
[YT]4kNetd_lISI[/YT]
Can't wait for the new album. :mrk:

I would loveeeeee to see them live. I have a few buddies that have and say it’s just an awesome live show and experience.

I was obsessed with Ghost a few years ago when I first heard this. It's so good. :funny:
[YT]4kNetd_lISI[/YT]
Can't wait for the new album. :mrk:

Yeah man super pumped for the new album.

Curious Greens and Man, what’s your favorite Ghost album? They’re all great but for me it’s Meliora.

I think Opus Eponymous still takes the cake for me, but Meliora is great too.

Is Monstrance Clock not the greatest live song ever?

----

There are songs I like more on the following records, but Opus Eponymous is still my favorite album. I love the earthy production.

Is Monstrance Clock not the greatest live song ever?

----

There are songs I like more on the following records, but Opus Eponymous is still my favorite album. I love the earthy production.

I'm getting kinda tired of that female orgasm talk before Monstrance Clock :funny: It's the same every time.

I'm getting kinda tired of that female orgasm talk before Monstrance Clock :funny: It's the same every time.

Ha! I imagine it’ll get retired with Papa III.

Then again, Tom Araya has been making the same necrophilia joke before “Dead Skin Mask” for like 30 years.

I think Opus Eponymous still takes the cake for me, but Meliora is great too.

Yeah for sure, they’re definitely all great. Meliora and Opus Eponymous are incredible. I really gotta get on seeing them live ASAP.

Last edited:
Yeah for sure, they’re definitely all great. Meliora and Opus Eponymous are incredible. I really gotta get on seeing them live ASAP.

They've just announced a US tour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"