Meteorite falls in Russia's Chelyabinsk region; 1200 injuries and structural damage

Well in a way that's way cool, in others that some scarey *****

Here's a security cam at a office when it happened.

[YT]Fs6sj6xAzeg[/YT]

This serves to remind us that we do not hold dominion over anything where nature is concerned.

Hopefully this will spark interest in an asteroid defence system, before thousands or millions die from a strike in a densely populated area.

Ok, did or did they not shoot it down?

According to unconfirmed reports, the meteorite was intercepted by an air defense unit at the Urzhumka settlement near Chelyabinsk. A missile salvo blew the meteorite to pieces at an altitude of 20 kilometers, local newspaper Znak reported quoting a source in the military.

http://rt.com/news/meteorite-crash-urals-chelyabinsk-283/

The regional Emergency Ministry denied that military air defenses were involved in the incident.
Regnum news agency quoted a military source who claimed that the vapor condensation trail of the meteorite speaks to the fact that the meteorite was intercepted by air defenses.

This serves to remind us that we do not hold dominion over anything where nature is concerned.

Hopefully this will spark interest in an asteroid defence system, before thousands or millions die from a strike in a densely populated area.
There's already been interest and research and development for years.

Here's a compilation of all the noticeable footage.

[YT]R8QjaAPrxvQ[/YT]

[YT]__tYWU86XXQ[/YT]

Ok, did or did they not shoot it down?

http://rt.com/news/meteorite-crash-urals-chelyabinsk-283/

The regional Emergency Ministry denied that military air defenses were involved in the incident.
Regnum news agency quoted a military source who claimed that the vapor condensation trail of the meteorite speaks to the fact that the meteorite was intercepted by air defenses.
I say they did, but they're not admitting to it. A defense system such as that is pretty damn advanced (radar system to catch the meteor, missile to reach meteor, advanced targeting systems to make sure they hit the damn thing) - its not something they'd want to just advertise in this political climate, especially considering how close to the chest Russia likes to play things. Such things could easily be used for something far more nefarious than protecting their skies from meteors.

This is scary stuff. All of yesterday the History Channel played shows about comets and asteroids striking the Earth, oddly enough. The scientists interviewed kept saying that it's not a matter of if another major strike would happen, but when. This is a stark reminder that their predictions are true.

lol Thought the same thing lol
tumblr_mi4ousOerp1s0p5ulo1_400.jpg

This was a crazy experience for Russia. Maybe the Venom Symbiote was inside the meteorite since it appeared in a meteorite in Spider-Man 3 then someone can discover it and sent it to the USA to test it on a human being in the United States.

Last edited:
Some will always hold on tight to the ilusion that human kind is dominant over everything. Makes them feel safer.

So many injured, that's just unsettling. Looks like everyone needs to watch the sky very closely...

Which Super Villians might have caused this:
1. Green Goblin
2. Magneto
3. Joker
4. Electro
Which Super Heroes Might Have Caused This:
1. Spider-Man (to show J. Jonah Jameson how much of a menace he really is)

This was a crazy experience for Russia. Maybe the Venom Symbiote was inside the meteorite since it appeared in a meteorite in Spider-Man 3 then someone can discover it and sent it to the USA to test it on a human being in the United States.

Wut?

So is there any major chances for mroe of this from that giant meteor passing by? And is that the same meteor they claim might hit us in 2036?

That was like the raddest and scariest thing EVER

Is NASA going to have full video from space of the asteroid flyby? (I'm posting here since the meteor is believed to be part of the flyby)

I say they did, but they're not admitting to it. A defense system such as that is pretty damn advanced (radar system to catch the meteor, missile to reach meteor, advanced targeting systems to make sure they hit the damn thing)...
Too advanced. Even if defense forces knew the meteor was coming (they didn’t), its estimated speed was 33,000 mph. That’s twice as fast as space shuttle/ISS orbital speeds and much faster than any interceptor missile. :word:

Last edited:
The government did it to take our guns! I mean, we have to be able to defend ourselves against threats both foreign and extra-terrestrial

Some will always hold on tight to the ilusion that human kind is dominant over everything. Makes them feel safer.
Yep :up:

Not to sound too fatalistic but there are a million and one ways mankind could be wiped out by nature. We are never truely safe.

Watching this was a little unsettling & extraordinary for me at the same time.

First thing I thought of was Armageddon.

I still think its a cool movie.

Personally, I prefer to be wiped out by apes with superior intellect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"