Metroid: Enemies Within

BlackMagicWolf

He who is BlackMagic
Reaction score
So there hasn't been any talk of anything Metroid since Other M. We haven't gotten any news about the series (except for Samus being in Smash Bros), but now something new is in play.

On Kickstarter right is a project for a live-action fan film starring everyone's favorite bounty hunter Samus Aran. The title of the film is Metroid: Enemies Within.

This is an original story taking place after the game Metroid: Hunters and features new villains along with an old favorite.

The project is being headed up by industry professionals who are huge Metroid fans.

Read about the project here, then click on the Kickstarter link to see the rewards (they're epic!) and hopefully donate to the project. We deserve something like this Nintendo fans, let's make it happen.

It'll probably get shot down by Nintendo. I think something similar with Zelda was trying to get made, but Nintendo filed suit and killed it.

Well its still up now. And its been in the news (see article above) so if Nintendo was going to kill it I think they would've done it by now.

These things to get funded without being shot down. On the DC side some guys from Las Vegas got funded to make a Nightwing web series. So I think it's really possible for this to happen.

I think it'll depend on the traction it'll get. If it looks like it's just going to fizzle out and not get funded, I doubt Nintendo will care enough to cut it off since it won't happen. If it looks like it will actually happen, I won't be surprised if Nintendo cut if off before the finish. They've become extremely protective of their IPs recently. They had a Zelda fan film april fools that IGN taken down not too long ago, and it was several years old. And they originally moved to get Smash removed from EVO because of online streaming.

It's exactly as Tron says, Nintendo will shut the damn thing down.

We don't know until we try. And if anything if we get close to funding it and they try and shut it down we can sign a massive petition to let it happen.

People keep mentioning Evo but Smash Bros did get seen there. And to top that they broke records because of it. Nintendo does know when fans want something, if we show enough support for this I think it'll happen.

I'm actually going to be interviewing the people behind this soon so stay tuned.

We don't know until we try. And if anything if we get close to funding it and they try and shut it down we can sign a massive petition to let it happen.
An online petition means absolutely nothing. Nintendo doesn't allow major fan films like this get made of their own IP.

People keep mentioning Evo but Smash Bros did get seen there. And to top that they broke records because of it. Nintendo does know when fans want something, if we show enough support for this I think it'll happen.
Nintendo allowing Smash Bros. on EVO is completely different than an fan film getting made.

Then you and me see two different things. I saw fans EXPLODE when Smash Bros. was almost pulled from Evo then a day later they let it happen. So if we get this funded and they try taking it down we can let our voices be heard and maybe it'll change their minds.

And yes it's a major fan film but that's all it is. A fan film. These are three people who really want Metroid: Enemies Within to be made. There's no harm in it. If anything Nintendo should endorse this because it's not just some fans who want to make this but people big in the industry who just so happen to be Metroid fans.

Rebecca Marshall who will play Samus Aran said it was an honor to do this role. That's awesome.

Oh and Tron Boone said that the IGN fan film of Zelda was taken down, it wasn't. It's still up there on Youtube. So apparently they don't take down everything.

Evo is a very different situation. It's actually a professional sanctioned thing and many of the Smash Bros players had helped raise a lot of money from charity, too, so the negative PR from that probably impacted their decision a lot more than fan outcry.

And yeah, that film was taken down in the sense that they sent a cease order to the source (in this case IGN). I'm sure there's still copies out there, because it'd be impossible to remove something that's been around for so long permanently, but it was more a reference to the action.

I mean, I really have nothing against the project. Fan films aren't my thing, to be honest, but to each their own. All I'm saying is that Nintendo has been really aggressive about their IP protection in the last year. So, I wouldn't be too attached the project if it gets any traction is all I'm really trying to say.

I understand your point of view.

For me it's just an exciting prospect to this done and done right. So until it's taken down (of which I hope it isn't) I'm going to promote it and hope it gets funded.

Just got done interviewing Christian Cardona and Kent King the writer and producer of Metroid: Enemies Within and let me tell you they are awesome!

They totally believe in this project and they respect what it is, who made it, and what the fans want. But in the end they need our help to make it work.

Check out their Kickstarter and help support it. And stay tuned for the interview I and my fellow TwoDashStash writers did with them.

OH! And I guarantee all your questions will be answered!

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you an interview with Metroid: Enemies Within writer Christian Cardona, and producer Kent King.

These are both people who believe in what Metroid is, they know what they're doing, and most importantly they want to make sure that this is done right so that the fans will enjoy it as much as they are.

Listen to the interview, any questions, any fears you have will be answered. I was quite thorough. After listening please spread the word and the links so that this can get funded.

Below are the links to the podcast and the Kickstarter project.

http://twodashstash.com/2013/08/tds-games-cast-7-metroid-enemy-within-special/

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/massivestate/metroid-enemies-within-a-metroid-fan-film

It'll probably get shot down by Nintendo. I think something similar with Zelda was trying to get made, but Nintendo filed suit and killed it.

Was that the Alttp-inspired animated show on Kickstarter?

What show?

There were a few guys who wanted money to make an animated show based on A Link to the past. It must have been several months since I saw their kickstarter page but I haven't heard anything about it since.

Cool. Well hopefully this Metroid movie works because I truly believe it has a lot of potential!

Even though I really like Metroid I'm not too optimistic about this. Live action fan films are usually really crappy. Of course, there are exceptions.

Well it's still not down, and it's been OVER three days. They got a long way to go to be sure but I think if we band together and chip in we can get this done.

Check out the links above or below and spread the word. I'll have an article later tonight about why this needs to happen.

Well it's still not down, and it's been OVER three days. They got a long way to go to be sure but I think if we band together and chip in we can get this done.

Check out the links above or below and spread the word. I'll have an article later tonight about why this needs to happen.
Nintendo probably doesn't even know about it.

I can almost guarantee they know about it. Why? Because everyone from IGN to Kotaku has an article on it (and TwoDashStash.com, but that's shameless self promotion) and Nintendo will no doubt have connections to them and know about what they post. Especially Kotaku.

Not only that but I bet someone has asked Nintendo a question about Metroid Enemies Within in the last five days and what there stance on it is.

Remember (as I am constantly told) the FFVII kickstarter project got shut down in three days. It's been over five now and nothing.

If you read my blog (post above) you'll see that I talk about how that line of thinking is bad and how we can't live in fear of Nintendo MIGHT do. If they shut it down, fine, but until then we owe it to ourselves as Nintendo fanboys and fangirls to help bring this to life. These are professionals bringing a character they adore to the big screen....so to speak.

In the blog I highlight a plan. If 3600 people donate $25 to this project it'll get funded.

If we can put our fears aside and band together, as Nintendo fans, Metroid fans, movie fans, and frankly just as fans, put aside the doubts and the uncertainty, take a leap of faith and donate this can get made. And I truly believe it'll rock.

So please to all who read this. Spread the word, have faith, donate. The people of Massive State deserve to make this movie, we deserve to see a movie of this caliber made, and Samus Aran deserves to be in the limelight once again.

Update!

Massive State is giving out an interesting reward for the next 20 people who give $75 or more. You'll get a personalized message from Samus Aran herself thanking you for supporting the movie.

Donate quickly to get in on this!

Metroid: Enemies Within

I can almost guarantee they know about it. Why? Because everyone from IGN to Kotaku has an article on it (and TwoDashStash.com, but that's shameless self promotion) and Nintendo will no doubt have connections to them and know about what they post. Especially Kotaku.

Not only that but I bet someone has asked Nintendo a question about Metroid Enemies Within in the last five days and what there stance on it is.

Remember (as I am constantly told) the FFVII kickstarter project got shut down in three days. It's been over five now and nothing.

If you read my blog (post above) you'll see that I talk about how that line of thinking is bad and how we can't live in fear of Nintendo MIGHT do. If they shut it down, fine, but until then we owe it to ourselves as Nintendo fanboys and fangirls to help bring this to life. These are professionals bringing a character they adore to the big screen....so to speak.

In the blog I highlight a plan. If 3600 people donate $25 to this project it'll get funded.

If we can put our fears aside and band together, as Nintendo fans, Metroid fans, movie fans, and frankly just as fans, put aside the doubts and the uncertainty, take a leap of faith and donate this can get made. And I truly believe it'll rock.

So please to all who read this. Spread the word, have faith, donate. The people of Massive State deserve to make this movie, we deserve to see a movie of this caliber made, and Samus Aran deserves to be in the limelight once again.

I think you're putting a little too much weight into how much Nintendo and other studios pay attention to stuff like this. My guess is with hippie in that they probably don't know, and won't know until it is either complete or near completion.

And when I say Nintendo, I should clarify I'm talking more like the main offices. I'm sure someone associated with Nintendo keeps their eyes on these, probably IP consultants or lawyers, but my guess is that they only alert the top office when something is close to completion, and then the discussion to let it be or shut it down will happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"