JPN TBA 2007
Genre(s) First-person action-adventure
Mode(s) Single player
Rating(s) ESRB: T (Teen)
OFLC: M
Platform(s) Wii
Media Wii Optical Disc
Input Wii Remote and Nunchuk

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption is a 3-D first-person adventure. Utilizing the Wii Remote and Nunchuk, the player can point the arm cannon with the Wii Remote pointer and use the grappling beam by moving the Nunchuk. Players can choose whether to use the A button or B trigger for firing. The remaining button is used to jump.

In contrast to the interchangeable beams used in prior games in the series, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption will have a stackable beam system. The player will progressively get concurrent upgrades for beams, missiles, and grapples in a system similar to that of Super Metroid. The game will also feature various visors, including the new Command Visor, which remotely controls Samus's gunship to clear obstacles or assist in combat. The X-Ray Visor from Metroid Prime makes a reappearance and can be used in conjunction with a new beam with the ability to fire through walls; the Scan Visor is also reintroduced. Visors can be switched easily by holding the minus button and flicking in a direction with the Wii Remote. The Metroid Prime 2: Echoes variation of the Screw Attack will also return. There have also been screenshots of Samus with a new suit style which is from a new upgrade named the PED (Phazon Enhancement Device) which allows Samus to control and use the Phazon corruption. A new feature that makes use of Wii Remote functionality is nicknamed "free-lock". It is a new system that allows the player to lock on and strafe around an enemy while simultaneously firing anywhere on screen. But, this is changable in the options so players can have the old method of locking on targets or the new one.

This game's focus is to maintain non-linearity and the other aspects of the Metroid series. According to the game's developers, the more intuitive control will cause Corruption to be less difficult and faster-paced than Metroid Prime 2: Echoes; scanning will also become easier to perform. Nintendo has announced that there will be no online play in Corruption.

Plot synopsis

After the events of Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, the Galactic Federation contacts Samus Aran to investigate a malfunctioning network computer, known as the Aurora Unit. The Federation believes the Zebesian Space Pirates, their long-time enemies, have infected the Aurora Unit with a virus. Subsequently, the Space Pirates attack one of the Federation's bases, and begin to overrun the Federation's defenses. Samus, along with other bounty hunters, must work together to fend off the siege, repair the Aurora Unit, and also defeat enemies from the past game.

The game’s director, Mark Pacini, has stated that Phazon, a fictional mutagenic element will also play an important part in the game’s plot. Pacini elaborated that, "Samus herself gets corrupted by Phazon and actually begins to develop abilities based on that Phazon. So that's kind of why the game is titled "Corruption". You yourself are becoming corrupted". Also, Dark Samus, a sinister doppelgänger, will return as one of Samus' antagonists. The game will also feature several new and returning bounty hunters.

i thought the wii shop channel download was gonna be a playable preview
of the game:o

but either way it looks cool

THey've sure sped up the speed and rate of fire of her arm cannon, I'm just still leary about the planet hopping.

I basically want a Wii so that I can play Metroid Prime 1, 2 and this one.
(And Smash Bros Brawl, Zelda:TP, Eternal Darkness and Rogie Squadron).

But mostly the Metroid Prime series :up:

Yaaaay!

That opening narration is soooo cheesy. I'm fine with them maybe doing things a bit differently with this game as longas multiple planets doesn't become a trend (dito for a huge cast of hunters). It's going to be the last Metroid game for a while anyway (unless they make a 2D metroid on the DS or something). Retro is going to move on to other projects after this.

I've been waiting for this game for a while, Metroid games are always really good. The planet hopping doesn't bother me at all, it seems like an expansion of the enviroment hopping in previous games of the series and light/dark hopping of Prime 2.

By the way, the original Metroid became available on the VC this week, we'll probably get Super Metroid next week in anticipation of Prime 3. Makes me wish more and more they'd start putting Game Boy and GBA games on the VC, so we could get Metroid 2, Zero Mission and Fusion.

I'm probably going to buy this just like I did the other two and never freakin beat them!

Man! This along with SSBB are my soul reasons for picking up a wii in the first place. the 27 cant come quick enough. I'm taking two days off just to play it without having to worry about unimportant things like work and college.

I'm with you Zenien, I love Metroid.:heart:

I will sqeal like a little school girl if it means we will get another chance to fight Mother Brain. That would surely rock. I was watching the Aurora trailer, and when I saw their schemadics on the unit and it's security surrounding it, I was like "WOW, Mother Brain, this game is going to be awsome!" Or something like that.

Between this, Super Mario Galaxy, and SSBB...I'm going to be in Nintendo franchise heaven. Not including several other games I will be buying for the Wii. My wallet is going to be real empty by the end of this year, and my wife might divorce me.:csad: :cwink:

Spoilers Gamesradar plays the first hour

http://www.gamesradar.com/us/wii/ga...7081714272738007&releaseId=200605092056126030

Direct links to the .flv files:
http://dl.gamesradar.com/video/metroidprime3_070817CUSTfirsthour1_high.flv
http://dl.gamesradar.com/video/metroidprime3_070817CUSTfirsthour2_high.flv
http://dl.gamesradar.com/video/metroidprime3_070817CUSTfirsthour3_high.flv

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption First Hour 1/6
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption First Hour 2/6
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption First Hour 3/6
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption First Hour 4/6
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption First Hour 5/6
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption First Hour 6/6

Impressions from the first hour from some poster

Alkaliine:
My impressions from the first 17 minutes:

- Graphical impressions are hard to make due to the poor quality of the video. But clearly, it looks better especially in terms lighting and texture clarity.
- Samus' eyes looked better in this video, but might just be the video quality.
- You can very faintly hear Samus' theme when she's in the ship.
- The ship controls are all awesome and very interactive.
- Voice acting for the most part is good. I saw one line repeat, but overall it's definitely not bad.
- The samus model is absolutely awesome.
- The cursor is smaller than it used to be.
- The map screen is pretty nice and unique. Features a cursor which should make things easier.
- The new morph ball bomb effect is very nice.
- Faces look a bit iffy close up.
- I think i saw a repeating character model.
- You can't shoot friendly characters - the cursor changes when you place it over a friendly character.
- If you scan a creature, it says creature scanned with the Samus symbol next to it.
- The captain's name is Admiral Dane.
- The blue glow from the charge beam remains, which looks awesome.
- I'm getting KOTOR vibes from bypassers talking to Samus. It's good stuff.
- Scanning is like a mix between Prime 1 and Prime 2. It looks great, especially with Samus' eyes in the background. No more 3D models - it's back to the Prime 2D art.
- Samus has to enter her own code - first she has to find it out, then she presses buttons with the wii remote.
- The three hunters appear early on. They speak like transformers. Ghor is the first to be shown. I'm not a huge fan of his design, it looks a bit stupid. I love Rundus' though.
- Samus has to go through scanning to ensure it's her and that she's not corrupted with anything. Makes things even more immersive.
- This guy uses A to jump and B to shoot. Sounds good to me.
- Turning still looks a tad slow at times. But overall seems great.
- Gandrayda IS a shapeshifter. Awesome.
- Mother Brain speaks. Same voice as from the Wii videos.
- Rundus is huge.
- Admiral Dane's character model has been improved massively - he used to look ridiculous.
- When space pirates hit, great use of atmosphere. Lots of chaos.
- I love the exchange between Dane and Samus.
- This game truly is built for Wii.
- Loading on specific doors is a bit slow
- Looking out the window, seeing the battles in space - omfg.
- THOSE ACHIVEMENT THINGS ARE REAL.
- Troops sucked into space = omfg again.

10/10, from Nintendo Power (higher than Twilight Princess scored, BTW).

THough keep in mind, even though it's from Nintendo Power, it's only the 2nd 10/10 that they have ever given out (the other was Resident Evil 4).

Ocarina of Time only got a 9.5 back in the day.

Nintendo Power gives Metroid Prime 3 a 10/10

picture005xr5.jpg

I'm tempted to watch the first hour of gameplay that Zenian posted but I won't I'll wait til I can get my copy of the game.

Same here. I'm dying to look at it... but darnit I'll wait.

I have only watched the videos on the Metroid Channel myself. I'm forcing myself not to watch any of the hour long video...and will try and avoid reading the overview Zenien posted.

This is going to be a long week and a half.:csad:

Well...it took weeks of hard work and dedication, but I finally managed to clear through the first two Metroid Primes with 100% completion.

I never owned a Gamecube (didn't interest me), so with the impending release of MP3, I decided I wanted to get up to date with the Prime Trilogy's storyline. I did it, and what can I say...the two Metroid Prime games were pure genius.

The first game was atmospheric and a major throwback to the aloneness the original game portrayed. The second, while not as good as the first was still top notch. The light/dark worlds gameplay was almost as good as Zelda: A Link to the Past.

Pure awsomeness....and now that I know the story, I'm even more excited to get my hands on the third and sadly last part of the Prime story.:woot:

Gametrailers has a pretty decent Metroid Retrospective up. I was thinking about playing through some of the other Prime games, but while I love both of them, I'm usually 1 Prime game at a time and then I get worn out only to replay them later.

Anyway to celebrate I'll probably resurrect the Metroid Art thread that's in multiplatform.

But have some art anyway :p

samus1.jpg

Samus_by_LordHannu.jpg

New_and_improved_Samus_by_Dizzy3ICH.jpg

Metroid_Prime_2__Torvus_Blogg_by_Ke.jpg

Going_to_Maridia_by_Jaquio.jpg

I've played the first Prime to the point where I couldn't possibly withstand playing it again. I played about 7 hours through Echoes and then I loaned the game off to a friend. That was 3 years ago. :(

From what I remember, those first 7 hours of Echoes were frustrating times, so, I'll probably just go right into 3. Maybe I'll go back and buy another copy of Echoes and play it through: Just to see where the story goes and everything.

-TNC

I can TELL you the story if you want. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"