Miami Vice

Discussion in 'Misc. Films' started by Hunter Rider, Feb 10, 2005.

1. Sava Dont cry, my dear

well, he is a spanish actor

2. Truthteller Registered

Who is cast as CASTILLO? Almos was outstanding in that role in the series.

3. Hunter Rider Ronin

Danny Trejo i believe

4. GREEN =w= DAY Registered

ehhhhh...Jamie Foxx is in this. i think i'll skip.

5. Riggs15382 Registered

I hope they dont turn it into a comedy, like they did starsky and hutch. Don't get me wrong, I love the movie, but it's just not really them

6. Hunter Rider Ronin

they wont,it's Mann he doesnt do comedy

7. roach I am the night

they gotta have that Phil Colins song that was the theme for it.

8. Hunter Rider Ronin

http://www.nbc6.net/entertainment/4659660/detail.html?rss=ami&psp=news

Stars Film Club Scene On First Day

MIAMI -- Shooting for the movie "Miami Vice" began Monday on South Beach.[​IMG]Images: First Day Of Filming For 'Miami Vice'
    [​IMG]The Story In Pictures: Filming To Close I-95
    [​IMG]Slideshow: Images Of 'Miami Vice' TV Show

In its first day of production, the set was off limits to the public, but that didn't stop the curious from trying to sneak a peek.

"This is exciting because I love Crockett from 'Miami Vice' and Tubbs," tourist Sanoy Flemming said.

The stars of the movie -- Colin Farrell, who plays Crockett, and Jamie Foxx, who plays Tubbs -- were on the set to film a club scene at Mansion on South Beach.

Monday's shoot included 900 extras, most of whom were from South Florida.

"I got to go on the set and I saw Jamie Foxx. He is so cute," extra Stacey Fequire said. "We're having fun out here."

The stars of the movie are also having fun on South Beach. They added a party at the Delano Hotel on Friday with director Michael Mann.

"'Miami Vice' was a culture," Foxx said. "It made me change the way I dress and the way I talk to a girl. I am looking forward to it."

Farrell said he is enjoying South Florida, but he could do without the steamy weather.

"It's getting sticky," Farrell said. "At the end of the day I look like a Spaniard sometimes and I am Irish. It's killing me."

Mann says the movie will be a new "Miami Vice" that will not include the pastel-colored suits.

"It's a completely different integration of all that's great about Miami," Mann said. "What's the same is the atmosphere and the attitude is the same and everything about Miami that is so voluptuous."

Production of the movie will soon hit Interstate 95. It will be shut down overnight from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m. on July 5-7.

9. Dark Donnie Kenny Powers is Back!

sounds cool! My only problem is NO PASTELS! :)

10. Dark Donnie Kenny Powers is Back!

does anyone know anything about RZA scoring the movie?

11. Hunter Rider Ronin

nope,where did you hear that ?

12. Dark Donnie Kenny Powers is Back!

13. Hunter Rider Ronin

http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/636/636147p1.html

Miami Vice Set Pix
    Plus, Don Johnson speaks out!
    by Stax

July 25, 2005 - The Colin Farrell Fansite has posted a slew of spy pics from the South Florida set of writer-director Michael Mann's Miami Vice movie.

The photos show Colin Farrell and Jamie Foxx in character as detectives Sonny Crockett and Ricardo Tubbs, respectively. The two undercover cops are dressed as boat racers. Having read a draft of the screenplay, this appears to be one of the early scenes where Crockett and Tubbs distinguish themselves in a racing competition to further bolster their cover as offshore racers who moonlight as drug smugglers.

In related news, The Miami Herald has published two articles about the new film and its TV roots. The first report interviews members of the Miami film and TV community who cut their teeth on the 1980s TV series. "Just about anyone here [in Miami] who is at the top of their game now, by and large learned to do what they do on Miami Vice," said Jeff Peel, director of the Miami-Dade Mayor's Office of Film and Entertainment.

The article also revealed that a recently filmed scene at the Mansion nightclub used rapper Jay-Z's "Encore" for the background track.

The second report focuses on how Miami has changed since its most famous TV series aired. The Universal movie is filming at the height of Miami's biggest architectural makeover since the 1980s. "They want nothing that will harken back to the old television show," said Peel. "This is an updating. It's Miami Vice 2005. ... They are trying to show off all the things that have changed in the intervening years since the show. This is a very different place."

Finally, USA Today caught up with the original Sonny Crockett, Don Johnson, who doesn't seem too keen on the new movie. "It'll be something akin to Miami Vice, but it won't be Miami Vice," Johnson said. "I had the opportunity to remake Miami Vice, and I chose not to a long time ago. The show was for a specific time."

Miami Vice opens July 28, 2006.

14. Dark Donnie Kenny Powers is Back!

Cool pics, sounds like a cool scene! Don Johnson needs to lighten up, Miami Vice was screaming to be remade!

btw did I miss the Jamie Foxx pics or am I blind?

15. Hunter Rider Ronin

there on the second page

16. Riggs15382 Registered

I cant wait. They need to make a CHiPS movie also

17. Dark Donnie Kenny Powers is Back!

I see it thanks!

18. Hunter Rider Ronin

http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/638/638387p1.html

Zito Lives!
    Latest Miami Vice casting.
    by Stax

on error resume next ShockMode = (IsObject(CreateObject("ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFlash.6"))) [img]http://pez.ign.com/advertisers/sonypicturesclassics/junebug/junebug_160x600.gif[/img][img]http://pez.ign.com/advertisers/sonypicturesclassics/junebug/junebug_160x600.gif[/img][​IMG]

August 2, 2005 - Justin Theroux Online reported on July 17 that the 34-year-old actor "is currently filming Miami Vice" but they were unsure what role he was playing.

IGN FilmForce has been able to confirm with Theroux's reps at UTA that he is playing Vice detective Larry Zito, partner of Stan Switek (Domenick Lombardozzi).

Theroux's credits include Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle (as the villainous Seamus O'Grady), American Psycho (as the Phil Collins-loving Timothy Bryce), Duplex, Zoolander, Mulholland Drive and the forthcoming The Legend of Lucy Keyes.

Larry Zito was portrayed on the original 1980s TV series by John Diehl. Zito, a recovering drug addict, died after running afoul of some shady figures in the Miami boxing scene.

Zito was the only regular cast member besides the original lieutenant, Gregory Sierra, to be killed off during the show's five-season run. Obviously, the series chronology has nothing to do with Michael Mann's contemporized movie.

In related news, check out the best pic yet of Jamie Foxx as Ricardo Tubbs and Colin Farrell as Sonny Crockett by clicking here.

It is a set photo of the two thesps dressed in powerboat uniforms but it's still the most high-quality shot of them to have surfaced online thus far. (And, no, Crockett doesn't have a mullet.)

19. The Hellrider Registered

I don't really care for Colin Farrell all that much, but I'm still looking forward to this. The fact that Michael Mann is involved has a lot to do with it.

Better this than another "comedy remake."

20. Dark Donnie Kenny Powers is Back!

I like the casting of Justin Theroux! This is shaping up to be a really good movie!

21. Hunter Rider Ronin

http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/641/641832p1.html

Foxx 411: Trouble in Miami?
    Latest Miami Vice news & rumors.
    by Stax

August 15, 2005 - In a recent edition of his Fox 411 column, Fox News columnist Roger Friedman claims that, since winning his Academy Award, Jamie Foxx "has not shown a lot of loyalty to those who've hung in there with him and done a lot of work." The entire premise of the piece is that the comic-actor-musician has been spoiled by fame and, in the words of Fox 411's source, "he's not the Jamie Foxx you knew a few months ago."

Friedman also covers the Miami Vice shoot, where he claims Foxx's Ricardo Tubbs is getting the second banana treatment compared to Colin Farrell's Sonny Crockett. "Colin is the star of the movie," claims Fox 411's alleged insider. "Jamie doesn't have a lot of lines." Friedman does mention how odd this would be considering that Foxx and writer-director Michael Mann have already collaborated a few times in the past.

Having read an early draft of the script, there is a segment where Crockett has more to do than Tubbs but Tubbs is not just "the partner." He has more skills than his TV counterpart did, such as being able to pilot choppers. He also has a love interest (fellow Vice cop Gina, who had been Sonny's sweetheart on the series); Tubbs and Gina's relationship is an integral part of the latter half of the story.

In other Miami Vice news, The Indianapolis Star reports that the Offshore Super Series Powerboat Racing Association recently served as technical advisors on the Miami Vice movie. The OSS "got involved with the movie because director Michael Mann wanted the movie's powerboat racing segments to be as authentic as possible. So some teams, boats and select staffers were on hand to provide whatever was needed for the simulated race and other scenes."

The OSS' official site reported on July 26th that they "had twelve of their race teams and select OSS staff travel to Miami last week" to film racing scenes. "The race scene was filmed Monday and Tuesday. The boats participating in those scenes were Bacardi Silver, Flying Tiger, The Switch, and Typhoon. The Winners Circle scene was filmed Wednesday and Thursday and featured Adrenaline Spiderman, Black Pearl, Ettore Squeegees, JEM, Lightning Strikes, Nichols Offshore, Page Racing, Pier 57, Twisted Metal, and GC Motorsports."

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [size=-1]
    Colin Farrell filming a Miami Vice camera test.[/size]
    [​IMG]
    This racing competition scene is at the beginning of the movie. It introduces us to undercover cops Crockett and Tubbs, whose cover is as offshore racers who moonlight as drug smugglers.

22. spider-jide Registered

I'm looking foward to this movie.

23. NOFX Registered

This will be number 2 on my list for 2006 right behind Superman:)

24. Hunter Rider Ronin

http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/645/645782p1.html

August 26, 2005 - In an interview with The Village Voice, actor Justin Theroux took time out of promoting his new release The Baxter to laugh and gripe about the film he most recently worked on, the big-screen version of Miami Vice.

Calling his role as Vice detective Larry Zito "the fourth banana to Colin Farrell and Jamie Foxx," Theroux added that he's "not a big fan of Miami — it's a really sinister place."

"And it's a big movie, you know, with these big wheels in motion that you feel the material gets crushed under. The amount of back-and-forth about my hair alone has been infuriating," Theroux revealed. "You'll be in the makeup chair and they're like, do you mind if we pluck your eyebrows, you kind of have a unibrow, and I'm like, I don't know, would my character pluck his eyebrows? And six memos go back and forth, and they decide yes, he would pluck his eyebrows ..."

Meanwhile, Hurricane Katrina has impacted the Miami Vice shoot like it has almost everything else in South Florida. "The set of the film has been temporarily closed and shuttered to let the storm pass," KGET TV 17 reports.

25. Dark Donnie Kenny Powers is Back!

Thanks for the update! I like Theroux, good actor IMO! Doesn't Mann have like huge back stories to all his characters?