Michael Bay brings "The Last Ship" to TNT

That was quite a decent pilot...

Liked it. Moved a bit fast at times. Not a lot you can do with that, when you only have 45 minutes.

If I'm honest, half the time I was expecting something to transform... Definitely had the Bay feel.

man...I just feel like it's going to get cancelled. I've been burned too many times

I thought this was a mini series, rather than a proper multi-season show?

Nor I. And though the trailer doesn't show much, Adam Baldwin's role looks...limited. I feel like they can do more with him. Hell, he should be the captain, IMO.

It's funny but the thought of Baldwin being the captain instead of Dane crossed my mind as I was watching the pilot. Dane has the look and the hair, but something was off about him. He didn't quite feel like a captain to me. I thought he did alright though in the high tension moments and in his argument with Baldwin.

The pilot was decent, but the black guy just had to die first, I mean seriously? Come on Michael Bay :).

I love post apocalyptic stuff. I really liked The Last Train as well if anyone remembers that show.

I loved it too.

What's funny is, some people in other forums are harping about how the Russians just seemed to come from nowhere, and the "coincidence" of the Captain knowing Russian.

What these people seem to be missing is that they were in the Arctic Circle. You know? The one that happens to be just off the Russian mainland.

Also, I bet it isn't a coincidence that this specific Captain was the one chosen to be on a secret mission so close to the Russian borders.

Besides that, there are also a few career tracks in the military that almost or actually require you to be multilingual.

The actor playing the Captain is a bit hammy and there were a couple of corny moments but overall I really enjoyed the first ep, the production values are top notch and the action sequence with the choppers and the snowmobiles was awesome!

I knew as soon as they went aboard that Italian liner that one of them would get infected, no surprises for guessing it would be the black guy. :funny:

The little twist at the end with the other scientist being Russian was interesting, especially since the Russian Commando is still alive. I also saw on the promo for the season that they meet patient zero, I wonder if it might be [BLACKOUT]the Captain. [/BLACKOUT]

The actor who plays the traitor scientist I've seen before play Russia characters and villains so him turning out to be possibly both didn't surprise me.

^^
Traitor was written all over his head, he even acted like one :)

Not a bad premiere, lots of military show off as Bay like them and I appreciate that most of the crew was casted from a model agency ( it's a show I know, everyone's pretty ).
Rhona Mitra is the real treat !

The actor playing the Captain is a bit hammy and there were a couple of corny moments but overall I really enjoyed the first ep, the production values are top notch and the action sequence with the choppers and the snowmobiles was awesome!

I knew as soon as they went aboard that Italian liner that one of them would get infected, no surprises for guessing it would be the black guy. :funny:

The little twist at the end with the other scientist being Russian was interesting, especially since the Russian Commando is still alive. I also saw on the promo for the season that they meet patient zero, I wonder if it might be [BLACKOUT]the Captain. [/BLACKOUT]

You know what...haha I really liked the hammy Captain. :) But yes...great pilot! Some really impressive action scenes

I dunno, I'm not feeling it...in no small part because the leads are so damn boring. Rhona Mitra is easy on the eyes but brings nothing else to the table. Her character is such a cliche. Same with the Captain. I don't think that a more generic TV character has ever been written.

The pilot had its merits. Frankie's death was a genuinely emotional and well done scene and the action was great. But it really needs to do something to get the audience invested, because the Captain ain't doing it.

I liked it but not hooked on it. It was not as Michael Bay as you'd expect although it had multiple explosions and destruction so that came as no surprise.

The story feels too generic and vague which I suppose is on purpose so they can build up the mystery of what is going on in the world. The main actors are mostly ones I'm familar with and so I know what to expect from them.

I'll keep watching. It isn't a new concept but the spin is different so there's that advantage.

Watched Episode 2 last night, this show is a lot of fun.

High quality cast in this: Eric Dane, Rhona Mitra, and Adam Baldwin are a big deal.

I liked it but not hooked on it. It was not as Michael Bay as you'd expect although it had multiple explosions and destruction so that came as no surprise.

The story feels too generic and vague which I suppose is on purpose so they can build up the mystery of what is going on in the world. The main actors are mostly ones I'm familar with and so I know what to expect from them.

I'll keep watching. It isn't a new concept but the spin is different so there's that advantage.

The story reminds me of J. Michael Straczynski's Crusade which is too bad.

I remember Crusade. I think I have it on DVD. I know I have Babylon 5 and most of its movies on DVD already at least.

The guy from Alphas is a good addition to the cast and now the Russians are here!

The guy that played Parish is playing the PMC soldier they just hooked up with.

holy s**t, you're right... I never even recognized or realized it was him... it was the beard that threw me, plus his voice... :wow: nice catch there, John Pyper Ferguson, right?... he was also the bad guy in the last few episodes of Jeremiah a few years ago, as well as a goofball on Brisco County Jr.

The guy from Alphas is a good addition to the cast and now the Russians are here!

who's the guy from Alphas?

holy s**t, you're right... I never even recognized or realized it was him... it was the beard that threw me, plus his voice... :wow: nice catch there, John Pyper Ferguson, right?... he was also the bad guy in the last few episodes of Jeremiah a few years ago, as well as a goofball on Brisco County Jr.

he rocks that same look in everything I've seen him in. Alphas, Burn Notice and Once Upon A Time. I was thinking maybe there would be a twist where he turns out to be an American Al-Qaeda member. he squashed that in hurry.

looks like the the double agent scientist will come to light and dealt with next week.

good stuff so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"