Revenge of the Fallen Michael Bay Hates The Dinobots

craigdbfan

Avenger
Reaction score
Michael Bay Hates The Dinobots

michael-bay.jpg

According to an article in the latest issue of Empire magazine Transformers Revenge of the Fallen director Michael Bay makes clear his views on the inclusion (or lack thereof) of the Dinobot's in the live action films. Bay comments that "They've never been discussed [for inclusion]. I don't like them. Actually, I hate them.". This comes as sad news to fans of the beloved G1 characters and does not bode well for those hoping for the inclusion of the Dinobot's for the third installment of the film.

- TFW2005

Well there goes any hope for anyone who wanted the Dinobots to be in TF3 (or any Transformer film involving Bay).

'Bah! Grimlock think puny Bay's opinion on awesome Dinobots completely irrelevant!'

I don't like the Dinobots, either. I don't think they'd fit into this series, anyway.

I don't like the Dinobots, either. I don't think they'd fit into this series, anyway.
Robots pee, say racist remarks, and have balls. Also there giant f'ing robots. I don't think Dinobots are stretching it. In fact if played right Bay or anyone new could get at least a good Godzilla gag out of it.

So, giant robot dinosaurs are contemptible, but giant robot scorpions are cool?!?!

I don't see the problem with including them in this franchise.

Although I haven't really enjoyed the movies that much and don't trust Bay to make a decent TF movie anytime in the near future.

Please tell me that's a fake picture.

Its real unfortunately. Thats the funniest part. :hehe:

I concur that the dinobots would not fit in the movie. I mean, why would a robot transform into a dinosaur?
Mobility? Inferior to a jet or a car.
Camouflage? Impossible.
Better fighting ability? From what, a robot with cannons, swords, etc?

In the TFsequel forum there is a thread about the dinobots btw. There is an extensive discussion there for anyone who is interested.

I concur that the dinobots would not fit in the movie. I mean, why would a robot transform into a dinosaur?
Mobility? Inferior to a jet or a car.
Camouflage? Impossible.
Better fighting ability? From what, a robot with cannons, swords, etc?

In the TFsequel forum there is a thread about the dinobots btw. There is an extensive discussion there for anyone who is interested.

Yes but did you forget scorpinock and ravage??

I dont mind, I like the Dinobots but looking at the poor excuse for Devastator it would probably be best if they Dinobots didnt make into this franchise.

And HA i was wondering when someone was going to mention the picture, how very errr random lol

The Decepticons don't give a crap about camouflage, generally. That's why they've got (had) Skorponok and Ravage.

Yes but did you forget scorpinock and ravage??

I dont mind, I like the Dinobots but looking at the poor excuse for Devastator it would probably be best if they Dinobots didnt make into this franchise.

And HA i was wondering when someone was going to mention the picture, how very errr random lol
But neither of them transforms into a robot. Its their form. Therefore, a robot that transforms into a scorpion is different thing from a robo-scorpion.

Why would a robot transform into a robo scorpion or robo T-rex? It makes no sense.
The Decepticons don't give a crap about camouflage, generally. That's why they've got (had) Skorponok and Ravage.
I cant tell you about Skorponok, but Ravage is a fan favourite, thats why he was adapted as he was in G1. Frenzy for example did camouflage.

I suppose that Scorponok was used because Bay wanted a monster in the desert, burrying under the ground and scorponok fit that role.

My Dinobots proposal from "The perfect explanation for the Dinobots" thread in the TFsequel forum.

Then why not just build huge robots with guns and rockets?

This just doesnt make any sense. For them to scan actual dinosaurs, that would mean that they would have to come to earth before even the Primes came.... Ubsurd. Or that they scanned them in a museum or an amusement park. But even if the Dinobots are ******ed, wouldnt any other bot point out that they did a bad job at camouflaging themselves? So sooner or later they would be forced to scan something else. Then, its the matter of mobility. The others would just drive around. How would the dinobots go around?

It just wouldnt work. Especially if they are like the Beast Wars robots with actual organic skin (alice used a hologram right?), because lets face it, the point of the franchise is about robots turning into cars and jets, not terminators.

The only way it could work is if 3-5 new autobots (not the dinobots) came to earth and were assigned to a spying mission. Lets say to spy on a goverment building next to a museum. Or maybe even protect it. Maybe they could be protecting Sam's university. But the university consists of a thousand buildings, doesnt it?
So anyway, the museum happens to host a science fiction expo, so they try to hide there, scanning and replacing the robotic dinausaurs (that happen to look like the G1 dinobots) that were on display. And they stay there spying or guarding until the decepticons attack said buidling and they use their dino modes to "bring the rain" on the decepticons. They later abandon those forms because they are impractical for transport or camouflage but they comment on how awesome and powerful those beasts would have been at that time.

Now, in the beginning of this i said that i wouldnt use the actual dinobots because after the nod to them, the robots would get more conventional alt modes and it would look silly seeing Grimlock transform into a car for the rest of the movie. Besides, you really want to trust the most stupid bots (and i dont mean that as an insult to them, but rather that they werent really bright, were they?) of the franchise to Bay? You know that they will be in more sex jokes than fights right?

That would be a nice nod to the dinobots without bogging down the script. That way the fans get to see some dinobots and the genaral audience wont be scatching their heads on why those robots would even bother transforming into dinosaurs.

Thanks for telling me that Ravage is a fan favourite, Mr. Earle. I had no idea. :oldrazz: :woot:

Thanks for telling me that Ravage is a fan favourite, Mr. Earle. I had no idea. :oldrazz: :woot:
My point was that people were asking for Soundwave and his minions and thats why the production team delivered exactly that. They only changed Soundwave's alt form into something that would make sense.

Raimi hated Venom... There's worse things than a director not including concepts which, for whatever reason, they hate...

I hate Venom. Look what hurts him. Fire and sonic boom. I'd love to see him fight Superman. Wouldn't last long. :woot:

I'm glad Bay hates them, that means they have no chances to be in the 3rd! Cause frankly, I don't want them either. I wanna see more of Ironhide, Ratchet and some new Autobots & Decepticons, prefferably not the Twins-type. :rolleyes:

Btw, I've been meaning to ask, wtf is with that pic hahahahaha? Where is it from, an event or what?

I hate Venom. Look what hurts him. Fire and sonic boom. I'd love to see him fight Superman. Wouldn't last long. :woot:
Someone showed me a comic once, where not only that Venom lasted long enough, but he actually even owned Superman! So guess again...

Last edited:
So anyway, the museum happens to host a science fiction expo, so they try to hide there, scanning and replacing the robotic dinausaurs (that happen to look like the G1 dinobots) that were on display. And they stay there spying or guarding until the decepticons attack said buidling and they use their dino modes to "bring the rain" on the decepticons. They later abandon those forms because they are impractical for transport or camouflage but they comment on how awesome and powerful those beasts would have been at that time.

One way to keep them in dino-crap-saur mode would be some sort of malfunction to their trans-scaners. If they can't trans-scan another alt mode, they're stuck. But the idea behind Transformers is "Robots in Disguise" and robot dinosaurs would be the crapiest disguise on Earth. Maybe they could do a cameo part in a flashback to pre-historic Earth, like a scout team.

Anyway, i'm part of the apparent minority that is glad these guys are not in the movies so i'll let those that want them come up with a proper explanation.

Personally, I think they could be made to work, but they've never really been 'must haves' of mine. Though if they used his comic book personality, Grimlock could be a cool character if he got a decent amount of screen time.

I do think a good compromise however would be if they were TF's who arrived in the past and adopted dinosaur alt. modes and then went off-line for whatever reason. Then upon being awakening in the presence adopted military vehicles. They could even take a que from Dreamwave by using their play on words in the 'War from Within' miniseries where they were called the Dynobots.

The only way to have the Dinobots make sense would be to have them land on Earth years ago and be buried there, only to re-awaken today. But that sounds to much like the Allspark and the sun harvester and Matrix to me, so no, I dont think they will fit.

I wish Ravage hadn't died. He's cool. :csad:
For what its worth, I think they (DonFurman-sp?) is bringing Ravage back in a new comic series this fall. Saw this posting on IDW IIRC.:trans:

I'm glad Bay hates them, that means they have no chances to be in the 3rd! Cause frankly, I don't want them either. I wanna see more of Ironhide, Ratchet and some new Autobots & Decepticons, prefferably not the Twins-type. :rolleyes:

Btw, I've been meaning to ask, wtf is with that pic hahahahaha? Where is it from, an event or what?
I agree with wanting more of the original Autobots, in TF2 I think Ironhide and Ratchet got 2 lines or so, what a waste, the twins can be toned down, grow up or Bumblebee can bash their heads together a few more times to quiet them down IMHO.:pal:
Really, what does that picture have to do with this thread?:oldrazz:

Last edited:
Michael Bay is in it. Just a reference picture to those who are unfamiliar with the guy.

I love the Dinobots, and as I've said before, it would be very simple to create a scenario to introduce them (or at least Grimlock by himself) in a TF movie.

However, seeing how Bay treats the TF characters in his movies, I'm totally fine with never seeing Bayformers Dinobots. No doubt there would be Dinobots humping each other, farting and dropping huge metal dino-turds. No thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"