Michael Bay Hates The Dinobots

Discussion in 'Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen' started by craigdbfan, Jul 28, 2009.

1. craigdbfan Registered

Michael Bay Hates The Dinobots

Well there goes any hope for anyone who wanted the Dinobots to be in TF3 (or any Transformer film involving Bay).

2. Wesley Dodds He Who Lurks...

'Bah! Grimlock think puny Bay's opinion on awesome Dinobots completely irrelevant!'

3. Jake Cassidy Registered

I don't like the Dinobots, either. I don't think they'd fit into this series, anyway.

4. deathshead2 Registered

Robots pee, say racist remarks, and have balls. Also there giant f'ing robots. I don't think Dinobots are stretching it. In fact if played right Bay or anyone new could get at least a good Godzilla gag out of it.

5. Jake Cassidy Registered

It doesn't anyway since Bay hates them.

6. Ike E Bear Registered

So, giant robot dinosaurs are contemptible, but giant robot scorpions are cool?!?!

I don't see the problem with including them in this franchise.

Although I haven't really enjoyed the movies that much and don't trust Bay to make a decent TF movie anytime in the near future.

7. PyroChamber Not lactose, it's milk!

Please tell me that's a fake picture.

8. craigdbfan Registered

Its real unfortunately. Thats the funniest part. :hehe:

9. Mr. Earle Registered

I concur that the dinobots would not fit in the movie. I mean, why would a robot transform into a dinosaur?
    Mobility? Inferior to a jet or a car.
    Camouflage? Impossible.
    Better fighting ability? From what, a robot with cannons, swords, etc?

In the TFsequel forum there is a thread about the dinobots btw. There is an extensive discussion there for anyone who is interested.

10. Casius--J Web Master

Yes but did you forget scorpinock and ravage??

I dont mind, I like the Dinobots but looking at the poor excuse for Devastator it would probably be best if they Dinobots didnt make into this franchise.

And HA i was wondering when someone was going to mention the picture, how very errr random lol

11. Jake Cassidy Registered

The Decepticons don't give a crap about camouflage, generally. That's why they've got (had) Skorponok and Ravage.

12. Mr. Earle Registered

But neither of them transforms into a robot. Its their form. Therefore, a robot that transforms into a scorpion is different thing from a robo-scorpion.

Why would a robot transform into a robo scorpion or robo T-rex? It makes no sense.
    I cant tell you about Skorponok, but Ravage is a fan favourite, thats why he was adapted as he was in G1. Frenzy for example did camouflage.

I suppose that Scorponok was used because Bay wanted a monster in the desert, burrying under the ground and scorponok fit that role.

13. Mr. Earle Registered

My Dinobots proposal from "The perfect explanation for the Dinobots" thread in the TFsequel forum.

14. Jake Cassidy Registered

Thanks for telling me that Ravage is a fan favourite, Mr. Earle. I had no idea. :oldrazz: :woot:

15. Mr. Earle Registered

My point was that people were asking for Soundwave and his minions and thats why the production team delivered exactly that. They only changed Soundwave's alt form into something that would make sense.

16. Jake Cassidy Registered

I wish Ravage hadn't died. He's cool. :csad:

17. Hound55 Byfar The Most Evil Thing

Raimi hated Venom... There's worse things than a director not including concepts which, for whatever reason, they hate...

18. Jake Cassidy Registered

I hate Venom. Look what hurts him. Fire and sonic boom. I'd love to see him fight Superman. Wouldn't last long. :woot:

19. Adrian89 Bad.Ass.

I'm glad Bay hates them, that means they have no chances to be in the 3rd! Cause frankly, I don't want them either. I wanna see more of Ironhide, Ratchet and some new Autobots & Decepticons, prefferably not the Twins-type. :rolleyes:

Btw, I've been meaning to ask, wtf is with that pic hahahahaha? Where is it from, an event or what?

Someone showed me a comic once, where not only that Venom lasted long enough, but he actually even owned Superman! So guess again...

#19 Adrian89, Jul 29, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2009
  20. macdawson Registered

One way to keep them in dino-crap-saur mode would be some sort of malfunction to their trans-scaners. If they can't trans-scan another alt mode, they're stuck. But the idea behind Transformers is "Robots in Disguise" and robot dinosaurs would be the crapiest disguise on Earth. Maybe they could do a cameo part in a flashback to pre-historic Earth, like a scout team.

Anyway, i'm part of the apparent minority that is glad these guys are not in the movies so i'll let those that want them come up with a proper explanation.

21. Chris B Registered

Personally, I think they could be made to work, but they've never really been 'must haves' of mine. Though if they used his comic book personality, Grimlock could be a cool character if he got a decent amount of screen time.

I do think a good compromise however would be if they were TF's who arrived in the past and adopted dinosaur alt. modes and then went off-line for whatever reason. Then upon being awakening in the presence adopted military vehicles. They could even take a que from Dreamwave by using their play on words in the 'War from Within' miniseries where they were called the Dynobots.

22. AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

The only way to have the Dinobots make sense would be to have them land on Earth years ago and be buried there, only to re-awaken today. But that sounds to much like the Allspark and the sun harvester and Matrix to me, so no, I dont think they will fit.

23. moreprimeland NOT a riddle, Starscream!

For what its worth, I think they (DonFurman-sp?) is bringing Ravage back in a new comic series this fall. Saw this posting on IDW IIRC.:trans:

I agree with wanting more of the original Autobots, in TF2 I think Ironhide and Ratchet got 2 lines or so, what a waste, the twins can be toned down, grow up or Bumblebee can bash their heads together a few more times to quiet them down IMHO.:pal:
    Really, what does that picture have to do with this thread?:oldrazz:

#23 moreprimeland, Jul 29, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2009
  24. craigdbfan Registered

Michael Bay is in it. Just a reference picture to those who are unfamiliar with the guy.

25. The Lizard Didn't eat Billy

I love the Dinobots, and as I've said before, it would be very simple to create a scenario to introduce them (or at least Grimlock by himself) in a TF movie.

However, seeing how Bay treats the TF characters in his movies, I'm totally fine with never seeing Bayformers Dinobots. No doubt there would be Dinobots humping each other, farting and dropping huge metal dino-turds. No thanks.