Michael Bay Press Conference on SHH Frontpage

<snip>So did Optimus with the Aerialbots and Protectobots as per designs dreamt up by Buster (edit: I did type Spike).<snip>

Ah, thank you. I almost missed this 'edit.' I was getting confused. I thought surely you couldn't have done that right after authoritively and obnoxiously IN THE SAME POST correcting me for doing the same thing.

Why couldn't you just conceed that instead of taking the argument to other levels?

Same here, I didn't think Kong was anything great. Just Jackson with a huge budget, making a 3 hour rehash.

Um, except for the biography and spec cards on the back. It's why I would call "foul! nuh uh!" when my friend raced his Bumblebee past my Windcharger. Similarly, my daughter does it to me when I keep (dumbly) bustin out Pikachu on her in Pokemon.

Bay isn't reading some stupid biography for a toy.

Toys have no story. Bay isn't basing his film on the cartoon but the toys.

After this qoute you said Bay isn't going off the bios from the stupid toys...did you just change your opinion that quickly or are you actually arguing against yourself?? :ninja: He must be basing it off one or the other, I thought for the most part the toys and cartoon were almost one in the same.

I guess he's saying that toys have no story, Bay is basing off the toys so this movie will have no story...just gaint toys.

I guess he's saying that toys have no story, Bay is basing off the toys so this movie will have no story...just gaint toys.

I kinda guess that but just felt like being a bit of a smartass. :woot:

Bay isn't reading some stupid biography for a toy.
I doubt it either. Most of those Techspec cards very incredibly vague anyways...and even Bob Budinsky, the guy who wrote the things would frequently break from them, or ignore them completely. Ratchet, for example, was a huge character in the comics and according to his Techspec "likes to party, give backtalk"....but he ended up being one of the most brooding and serious members of the group, and even sealed a deal in "blood" with Megatron. The closest thing we ever saw him do to "partying" was when he found a group of humans partying he said "I love parties" and then proceeded to ask what wood was, and show them what a Transformers could do (i.e. Transform). That was a great issue BTW.

I doubt it either. Most of those Techspec cards very incredibly vague anyways...and even Bob Budinsky, the guy who wrote the things would frequently break from them, or ignore them completely. Ratchet, for example, was a huge character in the comics and according to his Techspec "likes to party, give backtalk"....but he ended up being one of the most brooding and serious members of the group, and even sealed a deal in "blood" with Megatron. The closest thing we ever saw him do to "partying" was when he found a group of humans partying he said "I love parties" and then proceeded to ask what wood was, and show them what a Transformers could do (i.e. Transform). That was a great issue BTW.

Hey, I LOVE to party... AND give backtalk as my bosses will attest to. Yet everyone that knows me describes me as brooding and serious. Holy Smokes, I'm Ratchet!!!

I don't see why this incarnation needs to follow those specifications. Different universes allow for different mechanics.

Y&#363;gi's BM;11999068 said:
I don't see why this incarnation needs to follow those specifications. Different universes allow for different mechanics.
They don't. The Techspecs were just written so that children would be able to differentiate the Transformers. This was done mostly because the series possessed an abundance of repaints and they needed to give kids a reason to buy the blue, red, and black jets...rather than view them as interchangable. Techspecs have kind of fallen by the wayside in recent years.

They don't. The Techspecs were just written so that children would be able to differentiate the Transformers. This was done mostly because the series possessed an abundance of repaints and they needed to give kids a reason to buy the blue, red, and black jets...rather than view them as interchangable. Techspecs have kind of fallen by the wayside in recent years.

Not unlike the quadrillion Pokemon cards my daughter has (God, I hate those things)! But it doesn't mean she doesn't love her favorite characters any less.

Not unlike the quadrillion Pokemon cards my daughter has (God, I hate those things)! But it doesn't mean she doesn't love her favorite characters any less.
Something like that...most characters did not appear anyways to any great degree in the show or comic. The UK comics did a nice job of rounding out some of the overlooked or obscure characters (like Carnivac and the Animal Pretenders, Highbrow, Backstreet, Brawn and Skids)...but usually after the first issue of their appearance the comic would set their own agenda with the character and run with it. For example Brawn turned into an Autobot "killer", and Goldbug was a creation of Wreck-Gar (in the UK) who fought alongside Death's Head against Galvatron...and those stories ended up creating far different characters out of those Transformers than what was initially set down.

There are 493 Pokémon. Don't pull all your hair out. :oldrazz:

This could be Bay's best film to date.

I don't think it'll top the Rock

or be as funny (for me) as the original Bad Boys (shot on a 9million dollar budget mind u)

But his most successful and best recieved?
Hell Yea

The most repeated critique he gets is his over imposing style (over scripts that are weak entirely developed by a studio) and muscle action shooting(ie not gosford park)

Now audiences are going to get one of this summer genre films by the "best shooter in the business" -Spielberg

it's so over...

BET will eat this up lol

For example Brawn turned into an Autobot "killer", and Goldbug was a creation of Wreck-Gar (in the UK) who fought alongside Death's Head against Galvatron...and those stories ended up creating far different characters out of those Transformers than what was initially set down.
OMG teh UK comics raped ur childhood! They changed Goldbug and Brawn!!!11!!

OMG teh UK comics raped ur childhood! They changed Goldbug and Brawn!!!11!!
They also had Prime kill himself over cheating in a Video Game...not.a.joke.

That was also the last time Megatron and Optimus truly fought one another. Megatron more or less became Ratchet's archnemesis after that while Scorponok became Optimus' foil.

They also had Prime kill himself over cheating in a Video Game...not.a.joke.

That was also the last time Megatron and Optimus truly fought one another. Megatron more or less became Ratchet's archnemesis after that while Scorponok became Optimus' foil.

Do you know what Generation/Season Scorponok was in the show, if at all?

Do you know what Generation/Season Scorponok was in the show, if at all?
the 4th season, titled "Rebirth". He appears in the last episode of Transformers ever (cameo in second to last) and fights Fortress Maximus.

Also and Japanese Headmasters. As Black Zarack in Masterforce and then again as a Destron General in Zone.

Part 1

Part 2

the 4th season, titled "Rebirth". He appears in the last episode of Transformers ever (cameo in second to last) and fights Fortress Maximus.

Also and Japanese Headmasters. As Black Zarack in Masterforce and then again as a Destron General in Zone.

Part 1

Part 2

Thanks for the info!:yay:

Since Bay stated that he's not trying to make a "toy movie" I doubt that's true.

No he's basing what knows about the transformers on the toys in all likelyhood. The concept of tranforming robots is what he's taken out of it and using it in the film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"