Michael Bay's "Transformers" Vs. The Fantastic Four (merged 2)

antariksh said:
http://www.timeanddate.com/calendar/custom.html?year=2007&country=27&lang=en&hol=4194329&moon=on

hey guyz i didn't know that july 4th 2007 is wednesday. That means if they want they can release it that day and date since transformers will be coming out on June 29 or june 30.

FF2 will come out 3 days later. And I am sure with all the marketing fox will do like with F4, the sequel will easily take the top spot on wednesday and from there on it will be all about good legs. I think FOX/MARVEL should dtick with July 4th release.

btw how come people r sayin FF2 will come out on the july weekend. While release date says July 4 which is nothing but just a regular day.

Well, I brought this up before and all I got were responses saying I was nuts for looking that far ahead. I think they said July 4th meaning July 4th weekend,which I still can't figure out when it exactly begins, like they did with the first teaser trailer while others say the release date is exactly July 4th. I don't know?

liesse00 said:
Well, I brought this up before and all I got were responses saying I was nuts for looking that far ahead. I think they said July 4th meaning July 4th weekend,which I still can't figure out when it exactly begins, like they did with the first teaser trailer while others say the release date is exactly July 4th. I don't know?

i think what was said or meant, is the fact that July 4th, being a Wednesday in the summer, you have Wednesday opening of movies all the time....and w/ Wednesday being the 4th, if the movie is saying the 4th, they are probably meaning just that....if the Transformers are saying July 4th, they are opening July 4th, if F4 sticks w/ that date as well they are probably planning on a Wednesday opening.....movies do that alot on long Holidays and the Summer....i think they are both if they stick to it open on the Wednesday....so let F4 open on the Friday before....because....which weekend is the 4th of July weekend? the weekend before or after...LOL

Exactly which is july weekend 4th july or July 1st. Man this is so confusing. Oh well we will come to know sometime at the end of the year, when the teaser will be out for FF2 with eragon. U can quote me on that.

Yeah, let it stay. Maybe when it is beaten horribly FOX will realise mediocrity doesn't make fantastic films.

Drakon said:
I like you already.

are you as old as i am? :O
the 80s ruled...what we have today began in the 80s...PCs, CDs, portable music, the bare beginnings of my favorite, the laptop.

and for the record...the only good Transformers are the ORIGINALS!! Where the toys were DIE CAST METAL and not cheesy! And the cartoon was dramatic and man i remember running home from school to catch the next ep!!

FF better not move again. Forget stupid transformers, robots that turn into vehicles, big deal! Stupid. FF's better! And, will kick it's butt.

Ok. Going to throw in my 2 cents here. Sounds like a pissing contest there. FF had to move, because it would have been buried by WOTW. Good move by Fox. Sounds like Dream Works is the one that's running scared. Now Transformers: the movie which opened in 1986, at really the highth of the Transformers thing did $ 5.8 million. Widest release 990 theaters. Did 1.7 million opening weekend. The Power rangers movie which opened in 1995, did 66.4 million. Widest release 2,409 theaters. $ 13.1 million opening weekend. These types of movies, make a bit of a noise, but The Transformers movie, is no serious threat to FF 2. Dream Works knows that, and so does Fox. The only reason I see Fox moving FF 2, is for more post production time. But other then that, Transformers can twist in the wind. The'll be the ones moving. Now to the point that July 4th is on a Wednesday in 2007. I see no reason for delaying the opening till Friday the 6th. People will be more apt to going to the movies, because it won't be a 3 or 4 day weekend. Many will have to go back to work Thursday. So I see no problem with opening on a Wednesday. Right now there the only 2 movies opening at that time. Spider-Man 3 opens 2 months before FF 2. It will be a good lead in. Fox should stay put. With Fox's marketing ability, the'll dwarf The Transformers. Transformers might make 3 or 4 million, but if it stays just those 2 that weekend, there will be no contest. FF 2 will have a monster weekend.

^ The only thing is this is a huge budget live action transformers pic not a little animated film. However I think the audience for a Transformers film is extremely small and narrow. Not to many adults will be screaming to see a truck turn into a robot. The toys were cool I guess but I agree FF2 should stay put and wait for Dreamworks to say they move it to XMAS 07. They can save face by saying production delays.

Advanced Dark said:
^ The only thing is this is a huge budget live action transformers pic not a little animated film. However I think the audience for a Transformers film is extremely small and narrow. Not to many adults will be screaming to see a truck turn into a robot. The toys were cool I guess but I agree FF2 should stay put and wait for Dreamworks to say they move it to XMAS 07. They can save face by saying production delays.

Yea It is a very narrow audience. Yea some of the kids will drag mom and dad to see it, but as well as FF was accepted by the public, dispite the critics, and if this one is better, then there's no doubt. The point is Transformers is no serious threat to FF 2, unlike WOTW to FF this time around. FF 2 stays put. Transformers will move or be trampled. Like I said, with Foxs marketing ability. No contest.

Anyone that believes that F4/2 would trample TF or vice versa is in fanboy fantasy land,
One should definitely move as all that will happen if they stay put is they will eat into each others opening take

hunter rider said:
Anyone that believes that F4/2 would trample TF or vice versa is in fanboy fantasy land,
One should definitely move as all that will happen if they stay put is they will eat into each others opening take

LOL. You really think that Transformers is a serious threat to FF 2 ? Can I have some of what your smoking ? I want to see things flying also. Transformers will be doing the moving. If Fox moves, using the excuse of more post production time, because thats the excuse they could use, it will be the bigest wimp job. 1 will move, and eventually Dream Works will see the light, or the'll be like the deer in the headlights.

The Thing 2005 said:
LOL. You really think that Transformers is a serious threat to FF 2 ? Can I have some of what your smoking ? I want to see things flying also. Transformers will be doing the moving. If Fox moves, using the excuse of more post production time, Because thats the excuse they could use, it will be the bigest wimp job.

Just because you are ignorant of the TF's popualrity doesn't mean it isn't there
This is a comic board where all the world revolves around men and women in tights but there are other geek worlds just as big like Star Wars and Star Trek and TF
the First F4 was the smallest hit of last years big ones and there have been no changes made,TF is a very big toyline and has the dsci-fi crossover appeal.
It will be very close if they openb together

The Thing 2005 said:
LOL. You really think that Transformers is a serious threat to FF 2 ? Can I have some of what your smoking ? I want to see things flying also. Transformers will be doing the moving. If Fox moves, using the excuse of more post production time, Because thats the excuse they could use, it will be the bigest wimp job.

Just because you are ignorant of the TF's popualrity doesn't mean it isn't there
This is a comic board where all the world revolves around men and women in tights but there are other geek worlds just as big like Star Wars and Star Trek and TF
the First F4 was the smallest hit of last years big ones and there have been no changes made,TF is a very big toyline and has the dsci-fi crossover appeal.

hunter rider said:

I wouldn't call 11th on the worldwide list of 2005 small. It beat, Wedding Crashers, Robots, Chicken Little, Constantine, Longest Yard, Wallace and Gromit, 40 Year old Virgin, Sin City, Monster in Law, Bewitched, Corpse Bride, Dukes, just to name a few. 11 th out of 243 ain't small. TF has a market, no question, but compared to the FF, no contest. Your little geek world, will come crashing down if TF, takes on FF 2 head on. It will be like the deer in the headlights. And I thought it was going to be dull around here till the sequel starts, but I feel the juices flowing.

The Thing 2005 said:
I wouldn't call 11th on the worldwide list of 2005 small. It beat, Wedding Crashers, Robots, Chicken Little, Constantine, Longest Yard, Wallace and Gromit, 40 Year old Virgin, Sin City, Monster in Law, Bewitched, Corpse Bride, Dukes, just to name a few. 11 th out of 243 ain't small. TF has a market, no question, but compared to the FF, no contest. Your little geek world, will come crashing down if TF, takes on FF 2 head on. It will be like the deer in the headlights. And I thought it was going to be dull around here till the sequel starts, but I feel the juices flowing.

11th is still below most of the big ones but that's not the point
I knew you would react like this Thingy because you like the idea of being in some silly war,the fact is you are wrong and if neither move you will find out just how wrong

hunter rider said:
11th is still below most of the big ones but that's not the point
I knew you would react like this Thingy because you like the idea of being in some silly war,the fact is you are wrong and if neither move you will find out just how wrong

Like I said, if Fox blinks, it a wimp job. Transformers will move.

The Thing 2005 said:
Like I said, if Fox blinks, it a wimp job. Transformers will move.
No Thingy if Fox moves it's smart,more time for post production and a free weekend to open in is a good thing and far more intelligent than some pissing contest

hunter rider said:
No Thingy if Fox moves it's smart,more time for post production and a free weekend to open in is a good thing and far more intelligent than some pissing contest

Time will tell. Who blinks. Fox did the smart thing moving to get out of the way of WOTW, and if they feel from a business standpoint, that it's in their best intrest, the'll do it, and me personally, would not have a problem with it. It would give more post production time, which would equel, better movie.

hunter rider said:

duel.gif

Advanced Dark said:

Hunter and I have been going round and round since the 1st film came out. I love a good battle. And we've had some great pissing contests. And that's what it's all about, having fun, and disagreing. Makes the world go round. Be real dull, if we all aggred.

CaptainStacy said:
I know WE'RE not moving."...
Sounds like famous last words to me. Did he ask us to "read his lips" too?... :o

Personally, I'm looking forward to both films. I'd be shocked if FF moved again because it shows a lack of confidence that I think hurt the first film in the public's perception.

they where only sacred cause it was tom cruise ans steven spielberg but this times its different.

I gotta agree with hunter rider (dont look at my avy)

One of them has to move cause they both have a large fanbase, which one has the bigger audience im unsure. But ppl my age(21) will def be rushin to see TF cause its somethin we loved as children and its still holds up today. The new versions suck tho, really bad!!!

I think myself personally if they released them the same date i'd go see TF first then F4 but thats cause one is a sequel and the other is first in the series.

Did FF's dvd sell extremly well? (Yes I got my copy:rolleyes:) If so... FOX executives must be laughing at the poor statement. But honestly it all depends on the quality feel on both movies when the trailers start to roll in.

It's to early to tell in my opinion.

Angelus7181 said:
Did FF's dvd sell extremly well? (Yes I got my copy:rolleyes:) If so... FOX executives must be laughing at the poor statement. But honestly it all depends on the quality feel on both movies when the trailers start to roll in.

It's to early to tell in my opinion.

Never too early to speculate. And that's all it is, speculation. It may indeed do well, but in the overall sceme of things, it's not a serious contender for the FF. Overall It wouldn't have the earning potential of the FF. If they indeed open same day, by the time both their runs are over FF, would be way ahead. Overseas would be the difference in my opinion. FF did extremly well overseas. $ 179.4 million overseas. Comparied to $ 154.7 million here. 53.1 % from overseas, 46.9 % domestic. I don't know how well Transformers would do overseas, or if they would even put it overseas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WolverineHunt01
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"