Michael Giacchino’s Score / Soundtrack

HammerDown

“Do not, my friends, become addicted to water...“
Reaction score
Last edited:
It's a tall order to match the epicness that was that Ragnarok Teaser Trailer with Led Zeppelin's Immigrant Song.
Having said that if they pick this obvious but so damn perfect song for TLT's Teaser Trailer then there won't be no stopping the hype floodgates.

I fully expect L&T to keep bringing the epicness in the music department. I'm looking forward to both what Mothersbaugh comes up with as well as what songs Waititi will use, and to what purpose.

As for Thunderstruck, the only thing I think speaks against it is that AC/DC in general has been pretty well tied to Iron Man in the MCU.

I fully expect L&T to keep bringing the epicness in the music department. I'm looking forward to both what Mothersbaugh comes up with as well as what songs Waititi will use, and to what purpose.

As for Thunderstruck, the only thing I think speaks against it is that AC/DC in general has been pretty well tied to Iron Man in the MCU.
Iron Man is gone for the time being though.
Time to pass the baton in that department. It’s just too good to miss that opportunity. ;)

Back in the Ragnarok days I remembered someone’s mentioning “Kashmir” and suggesting it for the trailer. Could be a good choice for TLT, keeping Thor in the LZ lane and making the band basically synonymous with the character.

Some of the verses line up with Gorr’s story.

Lyrics: Oh let the sun beat down upon my face, stars to fill my dream
I am a traveler of both time and space, to be where I have been To sit with elders of the gentle race, this world has seldom seen
They talk of days for which they sit and wait and all will be revealed
Talk and song from tongues of lilting grace, whose sounds caress my ear
But not a word I heard could I relate, the story was quite clear Oh, oh.
Oh, I been flying... mama, there aint no denyin Ive been flying, aint no denyin, no denyin
All I see turns to brown, as the sun burns the ground
And my eyes fill with sand, as I scan this wasted land

Trying to find, trying to find where Ive been.
Oh, pilot of the storm who leaves no trace, like thoughts inside a dream
Heed the path that led me to that place, yellow desert stream
My shangri-la beneath the summer moon, I will return again
Sure as the dust that floats high in June, when movin through Kashmir
Oh, father of the four winds, fill my sails, across the sea of years
With no provision but an open face, along the straits of fear Ohh.
When Im on, when Im on my way, yeah When I see, when I see the way, you stay-yeah Ooh, yeah-yeah, ooh, yeah-yeah, when Im down... Ooh, yeah-yeah, ooh, yeah-yeah, well Im down, so down Ooh, my baby, ooooh, my baby, let me take you there
Let me take you there. let me take you there

It's a shame that we won't get Mark Mothersbaugh back for TLT because his score for Ragnarok was so different and special. I think this change might have to do with C19 since Mark Mothersbaugh had a very close call with the virus and they might think it's for the best to have him sit this one out and not jeopardize his health/life.

Mark Mothersbaugh nearly died from COVID-19. FaceTiming with his family kept him alive

As far as a replacement goes Michael Giacchino is a pretty solid one at that. He has done plenty of great scores and has worked with Taika before in JJR. I'm hoping he can deliver something special and really cool for TLT.

A while ago i noticed that IMDB added a lot of people to the film's "Music Department".
It's part of the crew that works on the score and for the most part they are a lot of score vocalists.

Now i wonder if Michael Giacchinno has already started composing the score for TLT or if he could be doing something for the upcoming trailers. Either way they seem to be doing something.

I heard it at work the other day and it instantly transported me back to the Thor trailer. Like Led Zeppelin’s Immigrant Song, now Guns and Roses Sweet Child O Mine is forever connect with Thor’s cinematic history.

but Immigrant Song wasn’t on the movies soundtrack in the end…

When I watched the interview with the cast, at one point they asked Taika about stuff that influenced the film in terms of the romance aspect and he mentioned “anything with a Bob Seger song”. I noticed that Chris and Tessa where kind of nodding and looking at each other in a secretive/spoilery way so I wonder if any of his tracks is going to be in the film in a big way. Personally I don’t think I’ve ever heard his work but I’ll check it out and see what it’s all about.

A few mentions to Giacchino's score and the soundtrack from that first batch of reactions.

Visually stunning and one of the best MCU soundtracks.

Korg’s an A+ storyteller, rockin’ soundtrack

we stan a dad rock soundtrack.

It’s mature, the soundtrack rocks, and there’s great surprises.

So much Guns n Roses too. So much.

the 80s soundtrack was great touch

Big, colorful, weird Guns N' Roses-fueled battles

(Also I have no doubt this will be Axl Rose’s favorite movie of all time because I can only assume he got points for how many GnR songs show up.)

A Guns N’ Roses scored romantic actioner? Gimmie more, thanks.

Heard good things about the score. Mighty Thor’s piece of music was good.

12 songs

The full list can be seen below:

Only Time - Enya
Welcome To The Jungle - Guns N’ Roses
Paradise City - Guns N’ Roses
Old Spice Sea Chanty - Ginger Johnson
Fighting - Michael Raphael
Our Last Summer - ABBA
Family Affair - Mary J. Blige
Sweet Child O’ Mine - Guns N’ Roses
Goodies - Ciara
Hey Ninny-Nonny - Taika Waititi
November Rain - Guns N’ Roses
Rainbow In The Dark - Dio

12 songs

The full list can be seen below:

Only Time - Enya
Welcome To The Jungle - Guns N’ Roses
Paradise City - Guns N’ Roses
Old Spice Sea Chanty - Ginger Johnson
Fighting - Michael Raphael
Our Last Summer - ABBA
Family Affair - Mary J. Blige
Sweet Child O’ Mine - Guns N’ Roses
Goodies - Ciara
Hey Ninny-Nonny - Taika Waititi
November Rain - Guns N’ Roses
Rainbow In The Dark - Dio

Oh hell yeah
Mary J. Blidge, what a legend I wasn't expecting one of her songs to be included.

Honestly, Giacchino's score was my one disappointment from the film.
It wasn't bad, but it was too damn forgettable. I just saw this movie less than 3 hours ago and I can't remember a single tune from the score.

Unlike Ragnarok, which (brilliantly) used just one song throughout the film, this one uses plenty quite similarly to the GOTG films. And just like those movies, the score gets overshadowed by the soundtrack.

Ragnarok's theme was so catchy. Here I didn't find that.

Honestly, after The Batman... Giacchino can retire (only to come back for more Reeves' Batman films). He's never been that great and he'll never top that score.

I know he's created some solid themes like with LOST, etc. // but he's never made something so rich, powerful, sad, heartfelt, and stunningly interesting like he did for Batman. It's almost funny how he has Spider-Man and Thor before and after Batman, and you could almost think someone else scored them, when comparing them to The Batman.

I wonder if it was Michael did the electric guitar solo version of the marvel studios theme if so it rocked!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"