Michael Gough is 90 this year!

Michael Gough will always be Alfred to me. And come to think of it, the only Alfred I've never liked was Caine's....

90.... my God. Can't believe he's still with us! And I'm glad! He sounds just about the right age to be Alfred in DKR! :p
true

I honestley thought he was dead until I saw that he did some of the voice work for "The Corpse Bride" in 2005.

I honestley thought he was dead until I saw that he did some of the voice work for "The Corpse Bride" in 2005.

Its nice to see that Burton and him still work together. Aside from the two Batman movies they worked on Sleepy Hollow and Corpse Bride.

Gough > God

'Nuff said.

*awaits a hearty smiting*

Seriously ........ I LOVE Michael Caine and his interpretation of Alfred (the one element of BB that genuinely engaged me) ........ but Gough *is* Alfred.

Gough > God

'Nuff said.

*awaits a hearty smiting*

Seriously ........ I LOVE Michael Caine and his interpretation of Alfred (the one element of BB that genuinely engaged me) ........ but Gough *is* Alfred.

I agree. :up:

Gough was great.

"Perhaps they'll hire me back at Buckingham Palace"

As much as i liked Caine's Alfred for me Micheal Gough will always be alfred he was brilliant, Congratulations Micheal may you have many years ahead of you.

When I was a kid, Michael's Alfred was like the grandpa I never had.

Favorite scene would have to be the dinner scene with Bruce and Vicki. Such warmth; gives me goosebumps still. :heart:

I could of sworn I heard he died a few years back. It's amazing he is still around. He'll always be Alfred to me. :)

Such a great actor.

"No sir - THE other car!" ;-)

Wasn't Gough in one of the Pirate movies as well? I could have SWORN he was one of the sailors on the Dutchmen.....the guy that was seriously part of the ship.

Unbelievable. To me he was the perfect Alfred.
And he expressed more than any other Alfred the whole adoptive father persona to Bruce. Him and Keaton worked beautifully.
And like someone said he would be the perfect age to do DKR.

Unbelievable. To me he was the perfect Alfred.
And he expressed more than any other Alfred the whole adoptive father persona to Bruce. Him and Keaton worked beautifully.
And like someone said he would be the perfect age to do DKR.

I was gonna say something similiar, He always be Alfred to me too. not I hate Caine's Alfred.

bat_gough.jpg

"Who was it that Vicki Vale in the batcave? I'm sitting there trying to work, oh hey vick, come on in!"

*chuckle*

Michael is an amazing man and actor, I wish him all the best.

I love both Caine's Alfred and Gough's, but I have to admit that Gough's Alfred has his own special charm. Gough was the only thing that was consistently great about all four of the first Batman films. As a matter of fact, the only scenes I found tolerable in Batman and Robin were the ones with him present. And upon doing a bit of research, I've found that Mr. Gough is actually 94! :wow:

Here's to a happy 95th this November. And many happy returns! :yay:

He was really good.

I prefer this take to the wise-cracking Alfred we got from Frank Miller. The "balanced version" between the father figure and Miller's Alfred is also quite good.

Caine's Alfred looks more imposing than Bale's Batman, that's a little bit strange ;)

Great Gough moments;

- Helping Bruce hijack the Penguin's speech, good to know that Alfred got involved himself in bringing down the bad guy

- Guiding Bruce to face his destiny in the cave and become Batman again in the deleted scenes from Forever

- The entire party in Wayne Manor at the start of Batman, especially his reaction to Knox's tip

- Adding dignity to Batman & Robin. B&R is the film he has most screentime and most room to act in, as he is called on to actually become part of the plot and show a wider range of emotion. For all it's faults, atleast B&R gave the greatest ever Alfred a worthy send off.

Great Gough moments;

- Helping Bruce hijack the Penguin's speech, good to know that Alfred got involved himself in bringing down the bad guy

- Guiding Bruce to face his destiny in the cave and become Batman again in the deleted scenes from Forever

- The entire party in Wayne Manor at the start of Batman, especially his reaction to Knox's tip

- Adding dignity to Batman & Robin. B&R is the film he has most screentime and most room to act in, as he is called on to actually become part of the plot and show a wider range of emotion. For all it's faults, atleast B&R gave the greatest ever Alfred a worthy send off.

I love every scene Alfred is in, I love his reaction to Knox :up:

How can you forget?

"I have no wish to spend my few remaining years grieving for the loss of old friends,,,or their sons."

"I'll cancel the pizza!"

That was such a horrible line, that he somehow made work.

And yeah, he's gonna be 95 in November.

Wait a sec. How can be 95 this Nov.? Didn't I read right that he was born in 1917, not 1913? But anyway, it's amazing he is still living. Here to hopping he reach 100 of age like George Burns. :D

"I'll cancel the pizza!"

That was such a horrible line, that he somehow made work.

And yeah, he's gonna be 95 in November.

He could have said anything and it would have been gold. He could have walked around saying "Master Dick" and grinning like a perv and it still would have been awesome.

Bruce: But I can't [stop death], can I?
Alfred: None of us can.
:up:

Gough > Caine.

One of the best moments in the Batman movie mythology is when Bruce asks him if he's ever regretted his life at Wayne Manor. His answer is fantastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"