Michael Jackson II: Legendary Redux!

^^Looking forward to see that documentary. BAD 25 (the two hour+ version) was really good and insightful IMO.:up:

Lee says he wants to tackle THRILLER as well in this interview with Rolling Stone!:yay:

Billie Jean performance from Oslo 1992:

The best performer ever! It's rare to see Michael performing Billie Jean in full daylight.

Last edited:
Can you help me out?

I need a Michael Jackson book like the dorling kindersley superhero visual guides? A big fun book with lots of pics and facts.

Basically the Michael Jackson equivalent of this

Has "Ghosts" been released in released in its entirety on dvd/bluray?

I don't think so. I hope they release it with other short films on Blu-Ray. Smooth Criminal looks amazing in Moonwalker Blu-Ray.

Will never get bored of MJ songs. Going to be hard for anyone to overtake him for me.
I'm in a Michael Jackson mood recently. I can't help but love his music.

Off The Wall, Thriller, Bad, Dangerous and HIStory are all top quality albums. After that, I think Michael lost his confidence. But he struck while the iron was hot. Those five albums are as good as anything by anyone. Thriller is the iconic album, but Dangerous is my favourite.

I was hoping we'd get a Dangerous 25 this year, but I guess it isn't happening? :(

I was hoping we'd get a Dangerous 25 this year, but I guess it isn't happening? :(
Doesn't look like it.

What's everyone's favourite MJ song? Mine is Stranger in Moscow.

I'm in a Michael Jackson mood recently. I can't help but love his music.

Off The Wall, Thriller, Bad, Dangerous and HIStory are all top quality albums. After that, I think Michael lost his confidence. But he struck while the iron was hot. Those five albums are as good as anything by anyone. Thriller is the iconic album, but Dangerous is my favourite.
Yeah, love them all. Dangerous is possibly my favourite too. Thriller probably would have been if it had more songs.

Nope, only ever on VHS. So little people in the mainstream even know about this I'm surprised the cash cows haven't released it, knocked up a killer trailer etc. There was a making of documentary for this which is pretty insightful. I don't think a modern documentary would work now that both Mike and Stan Winston are gone.

Full Olso 1992 concert:

Awesome and maybe my favorite Dangerous Tour concert. It has The Way You Make Me Feel and Bad that were rarely performed on the tour. A lot better than the over edited Bucharest DVD.

Anyone planning to see this in IMAX?

Starting today and for one week, it'll be attached to IMAX theaters before The House with a Clock in Its Walls. I was a little confused at first as I couldn't find any "IMAX 3D" showings of this movie but after looking at the list of theaters playing it from the IMAX website, it looks like it should still be playing before 2D showings, or maybe there's a special 3D screening still where they give you glasses but the movie after is in 2D, I dunno.

Just throwing it out there for anyone interested. I've never seen Thriller in this quality from this teaser they released, I really hope they go the distance and release all of his short films in remastered quality like this. :)

Petition to get Bad Tour in HD on Blu-Ray was started few days ago. Some concerts were apparently filmed on 35mm film. Bad 25 documentary and Moonwalker movie have great HD footage. Would be great to see full concert. Here is the link:

Sign the Petition

I didn't make the petition but I think its a good idea. It might not work but we should try. Bad is my favorite MJ album and the tour is great too. Someone made a great trailer for this:

Last edited:
Wembley 1988 concert had been uploaded to Youtube officially:

Bucharest is there too. Wembley and Yokohama concerts are my favorites.

I was thinking about This Is It the other day, and I was wondering if we'd ever see more footage from those rehearsals in some sort of anniversary blu-ray. He had so many songs that were only hinted at in the movie as a part of his set for the tour. Man.. I miss MJ.

I was thinking about This Is It the other day, and I was wondering if we'd ever see more footage from those rehearsals in some sort of anniversary blu-ray. He had so many songs that were only hinted at in the movie as a part of his set for the tour. Man.. I miss MJ.
I hope we get more footage at some point. He rehearsed Dangerous, Stranger In Moscow, You Are Not Alone, Will You Be There, Dirty Diana and Off the Wall Medley. Maybe he didn't sing much when rehearsing some of them. That could be the reason for not including them.

The drummer Jonathan Moffett uploaded some band rehearsals on Youtube:

Full version of Ghosts short film has been uploaded on Youtube:

Thriller turns 40 this month. They are releasing a new anniversary edition with unheard songs and demos. Also they finally released some music videos in HD. Thriller and Beat It appeared on Tidal and iTunes few days ago and they look great. iTunes versions are in 4K I think.

Edit: 4K version of Beat It is now on Youtube:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"