Homecoming Micheal Keaton IS The Vulture - Part 1

Now that Jon Watts has seemingly confirmed it on his Twitter, time to get hyped!

Looking good. Good luck with those wings though lol .
thanks
I probably wont do full wings lol just the arm/leg braces/exoskeleton pieces, and hand gauntlet guns thingys/ maybe even feet claws...
tumblr_ora7beQ2YC1v1cquxo2_1280.jpg
...just going for more of this look here^

can't say I'm so committed/or crafty enough to go full wings

Last edited:
One of the movies I have lined up to see is The Founder, in that movie he plays [blackout]a corporate vulture, kinda like Vulture told Norman in the 90s cartoon.[/blackout]

Anyway, I think the most interesting things trailers show of this movie is Keaton's character, comes across as the most interesting take on the character yet, somehow early feed about the movie is discomforting in describing his role.

thanks
I probably wont do full wings lol just the arm/leg braces/exoskeleton pieces, and hand gauntlet guns thingys/ maybe even feet claws...
...just going for more of this look here^

can't say I'm so committed/or crafty enough to go full wings

Sounds dope, be sure to share here when you're finished.

My new favourite MCU villain! Great to see Keaton back in comic book movies!

I especially like how he has something of a code of honour. Makes him more than just a one dimensional villain.

Keaton was great. Way to make a menacing, multidimensional, awesome villain! Easily among the best in the MCU.

One of the best MCU villains and just behind Ock for best Spidey movie nemesis.
[BLACKOUT]So glad they didn't kill him off![/BLACKOUT]

We finally got a great MCU villain after so many of them are so one note, with only Loki and Kingpin being the exceptions

You actually get to see & understand why Toomes does what he does. Hell, there were moments where I didn't even see him as a villain and was actually rooting for him

Hope this isn't the last we see of Michael Keaton. He was fantastic!

Keaton is not only one of the best MCU villains, but one of the best cinematic Spidey villains.

I liked how his wings kind of seemed like a natural variation on Falcon's wing design: Falcon's are about pure speed and maneuverability in combat; Vulture's are about utility and weight capacity.

But beyond that, having a character first and foremost made him a great villain. He's got motivation, like any other Marvel antagonist, but he's also full of personality and common sense. He wants money for his family and friends... But that means he can't afford a public profile and he's perfectly willing to compromise. And he does have his own rules, which is nice. Spider-Man's rogues are like Batman's: embrace their humanity, whether it's the ugly or noble parts, and you'll hit the right characterization.

We finally got a great MCU villain after so many of them are so one note, with only Loki and Kingpin being the exceptions

You actually get to see & understand why Toomes does what he does. Hell, there were moments where I didn't even see him as a villain and was actually rooting for him

Hope this isn't the last we see of Michael Keaton. He was fantastic!

What about Ego?

Best MCU villain since Loki (sorry Ego).

Keaton was really good as the Vulture. Looking forward to seeing him in sequels...

This guy was incredible. He's in my top 3 MCU villains along with the Winter Soldier and Loki.

Memorable performance (Keaton rules), solid motivation, fantastic costume design and action. I hope he returns in the future.

Best "villain performance" in a MCU film (yeah....he is even better than loki IMO).

The scenes in the house and car with pete were really awesome.

I wasn't expecting to like him as the Vulture very much,
but his overall performance and story arc was very intriguing.

He's also one of the most menacing MCU villains thus far,
which still feels so odd to say. He really just knocked it out of the park.

At the end of it, I love how down-to-earth he actually was... for a villain.

What really benefited Keaton is he didn't have many jokes at all.

My top five

Look
Vulture
Baron Zemo
Red Skull
Ultron

This guy was incredible. He's in my top 3 MCU villains along with the Winter Soldier and Loki.

Memorable performance (Keaton rules), solid motivation, fantastic costume design and action. I hope he returns in the future.

I have already mentioned this in another thread, but I disagree about the action bit. He didn't really feel physically imposing as he didn't have a proper hand-to-hand combat fight scene with Spidey (and not, the debris scene doesn't count, as his wings were remotely controlled). I really wanted a good fight scene between him and Spidey as most of the scenes during the film involve Spidey simply either shooting webs at him or trying to attach to him.

Everything else you've mentioned regarding him is on point, though. Fantastic villain!

Makes me wonder if Liz becomes a villain in the future. Those video logs Peter took of himself are gonna come into play eventually. Perhaps somebody hacks in general that cloud system & while not looking for them specifically said hacker comes across Peters videos & leaks them online & Liz finds out that way that Peter is Spider-Man & a future villain is made

Finally someone will get to use Sam Raimi's Vulturess idea!

I have already mentioned this in another thread, but I disagree about the action bit. He didn't really feel physically imposing as he didn't have a proper hand-to-hand combat fight scene with Spidey (and not, the debris scene doesn't count, as his wings were remotely controlled). I really wanted a good fight scene between him and Spidey as most of the scenes during the film involve Spidey simply either shooting webs at him or trying to attach to him.

Everything else you've mentioned regarding him is on point, though. Fantastic villain!

Which is good to me. I hated how human like Doc Ock could take punches from Spider-Man in S2

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"