Homecoming Micheal Keaton IS The Vulture

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is it that no one has a GIF of Vulture picking up Spider-man with his wings posted yet ?

KZWkPkp.gif

There ya go.

Vulture looks fantastic. Up there with Yellow Jacket and Black Panther for me. Never thought they'd turn that old boney balding man from the cartoons and comics into someone who sounds and looks amazing.

KZWkPkp.gif

There ya go.

Vulture looks fantastic. Up there with Yellow Jacket and Black Panther for me. Never thought they'd turn that old boney balding man from the cartoons and comics into someone who sounds and looks amazing.

That is badass , thanks

That suit looks AMAZING. I love how they were able to mix practical effects and cgi to make it look as realistic as possible. I never imagined a character like The Vulture could be so badass, but from what we have seen so far I'm sure Keaton is going to deliver.

Last edited:
Few avi's if anyone is interested

FpJEK5D.gif

p51vVCU.jpg

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Last edited:
He looks so much more comfortable and believable as Vulture than Batman. I've always been a Keaton fan, and I've always wished for him to have a truly fitting role in a CBM.

He looks so much more comfortable and believable as Vulture than Batman. I've always been a Keaton fan, and I've always wished for him to have a truly fitting role in a CBM.

Keaton is my favorite Batman, and I feel like he could have been much better with a better script. He's easily an A list actor. I'm really excited Homecoming has one of my favorite actors in it

The characterization they're going with to the suit in action and Keaton's dialogue in the trailers has sold me. I really hope this is the start to better villains in not only the MCU but future Spider-Man films. :)

Hopefully the character doesn't die at the end of this movie. We need more villains to go to jail, or to be trapped under tons of rubble, and plot again another day.

I feel stupid for only just realising how appropriate it is for the Vulture to have a scavenging company.

Keaton is my favorite Batman, and I feel like he could have been much better with a better script. He's easily an A list actor. I'm really excited Homecoming has one of my favorite actors in it

His physical traits made him a poor fit as Batman, but he is instantly believable as Adrian Toomes. Apart from the bald head, Keaton looks like
he just walked off the pages of Spider-man. Even his forehead and eyebrows are able to replicate the sinister villain look with which Toomes is often drawn.

I agree he didn't physically resemble batman at all...but his performance made up for it...Definitely one of my favorite superhero movies. Im so happy they got him for this movie though he is top notch casting imo...Vulture looks like he's gonna be one of the best villains in the MCU...A street level villain that gets his hands on some big toys...Can't wait!

Tinkerer too though right?

I don't think Tinkerer will have a lot of screentime, to be honest.

Vulture will be at the forefront while Shocker (who ever turns out to be him) will be a secondary villain.

It's made easier by the fact that they're all working together, though.

His physical traits made him a poor fit as Batman, but he is instantly believable as Adrian Toomes. Apart from the bald head, Keaton looks like
he just walked off the pages of Spider-man. Even his forehead and eyebrows are able to replicate the sinister villain look with which Toomes is often drawn.

I think Keaton could've been balder for his role as Toomes. There's still a bit of fuzz on top. Would've been nice to just shave it off for the role. Maybe he doesn't want to touch what little hair he has left though.

I don't think Tinkerer will have a lot of screentime, to be honest.

Vulture will be at the forefront while Shocker (who ever turns out to be him) will be a secondary villain.

It's made easier by the fact that they're all working together, though.
I it turns out great like you say. The trailer iss so good and Holland is amazing in the role.

I feel stupid for only just realising how appropriate it is for the Vulture to have a scavenging company.

Agreed. Everything they've done with this character is a vast improvement on the source material. And with Keaton most likely delivering an epic performance to FINALLY bringing a truly cool and bad ass villain to the MCU rogues gallery? He single handedly is making me excited for this movie.

Yes, his performance as Batman (in 89 at least) was amazing but it's true he doesn't inhabit the necessary physical presence or physicality of the character accurately. Not his fault though.

He does look way more comfortable here as Vulture. And I think him being a Spider-Man villain is hilarious following his story on Kimmel of what he said to a store employee who was watching ASM 2 on tv a couple years ago.

Agreed. Everything they've done with this character is a vast improvement on the source material.

From the information is currently available, it's just a streamlined version of Toomes' comic origin story.

From the information is currently available, it's just a streamlined version of Toomes' comic origin story.
Yup. Engineer who started a business with partner Gregory Bestman. Bestman was more the business-y type but was taking a lot of Toomes' share w/o telling him. Once Toomes found out, he used his skills to create the flight harness and got revenge on Greg and turned criminal.

Not *exactly* on the nose, but the translation is there.

Last edited:
Yup. Engineer who started a business with partner Gregory Bestman. Bestman was more the business-y type but was taking a lot of Toomes' share w/o telling him. Once Toomes found out, he used his skills to create the flight harness and got revenge on Greg and turned criminal.

Not *exactly* on the nose, but the translation is there.

Marvel Studios took out the Bestman element (I assume) , but Toomes' essential characterization is still there. I'm glad they stuck with that instead of doing something silly like making him a fellow student at Peter's school, a cyborg teacher, or something equally as cheesy. There have been enough INOs. Marvel should lean on their history.

Marvel Studios took out the Bestman element (I assume) , but Toomes' essential characterization is still there. I'm glad they stuck with that instead of doing something silly like making him a fellow student at Peter's school, a cyborg teacher, or something equally as cheesy. There have been enough INOs. Marvel should lean on their history.

From rumors, it seems they may project the Bestman character actions onto Stark? TSSM did it with Osborn instead.

Maybe not, but it's not out of the realm of possibility.

Agreed on essential characterization and avoiding something goofy. :up:

From rumors, it seems they may project the Bestman character actions onto Stark? TSSM did it with Osborn instead.

Maybe not, but it's not out of the realm of possibility.

I hope Stark isn't involved in Vulture's creation in any intentional way. He's already saddled with Ultron's creation and regretting his alignment with Ross during CW. It seems from the trailer than he's mentoring Peter, and instantly creating another villain with whom Spidey is in direct conflict doesn't seem like the best narrative for a mentor theme.

Agreed on essential characterization and avoiding something goofy. :up:

I know it isn't fair to put Brand New Day/Ultimate Spider-man series baggage on Homecoming, but the "exploring the high school years" comment from Feige concerned me. Marvel Studios doesn't need to go overboard and make everything about school and everyone young. Spidey stories worked well with mostly older villains in his original comic continuity, so I'm glad MS remember that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"