Michelle Pfeiffer is Janet van Dyne/The Wasp I

Hopefully AM&W makes enough for that to happen. A wedding could be cool and I think there could be a fair chance of one of them dying at some point. Would be nice to hav Pfeiffer in at least 2 films as we get to feel she is in the MCU properly for the period between those films rather than in and out in the same film.

Marvel hasn't even announced a sequel for Black Panther and Dr. Strange yet, so anything could happen in Phase 4. Personally, I don't see why they won't greenlight a 3rd Ant-Man & Wasp movie to complete the trilogy.

Marvel hasn't even announced a sequel for Black Panther and Dr. Strange yet, so anything could happen in Phase 4. Personally, I don't see why they won't greenlight a 3rd Ant-Man & Wasp movie to complete the trilogy.
Hopefully yes. I also really want Dr Strange and Black Panther trilogies at least.

Well it would suck some of the jeopardy out of Infinity War to rule out so many character deaths. I'm sure they'll announce plenty not long after that movie is released.

Another person from Burton's Batman brought to the MCU, cool. I only learnt of it through listening to KRYPTON's podcast as I type this in.

I can only imagine what she will look like in her Wasp I costume

Well it would suck some of the jeopardy out of Infinity War to rule out so many character deaths. I'm sure they'll announce plenty not long after that movie is released.

Pshaw. Nobody has to die to make a movie good.

Winter Soldier and Civil War managed to be great without any main character deaths.

X-Men: the Last Stand managed to be kind of terrible, despite working character deaths (Scott, Charles, Jean) pretty hard.

When the plotting of the 'event' is 'who dies in this one,' you know the House is bereft of Ideas.

as much as I like Pfeiffer, and this is good casting (that I am hyped for) don't get me wrong there...

but, surprised they went with someone her age (I mean she still looks amazing, and not just for her age, but...) depending how it is handled I guess...

if most her screen time is going to be of her de-aged in flashbacks... then why not just cast someone younger, an age her up only for her scenes in the present setting

also, if she has been stuck in the Quantum Realm would she have aged normally? if she ages normally shouldn't she be older? if she doesn't age shouldn't she be younger?

just saying age wise, something just isn't adding up

I mean if she got lost in the Quantum Realm in the 80's, roughly 30-35 years (assuming she's playing the character around her true age, Pfeiffer is 59)
so, she would have been around 25-30 back then, where Douglas's Pym would have been late 30's early 40's (again assuming Douglas plays Pym as being his true age) don't re-call if his age was mentioned in the last movie?

although, Janet was always younger then Pym in the comic so I guess that works

We know next to nothing about the quantum realm so it's impossible to say whether or not her age makes sense. It's also entirely possible Janet is older than the actress playing her, which is common enough for female roles in Hollywood anyway.

Regardless I think it's also because they wanted to avoid the double standard that usually comes with actresses not being allowed to age in Hollywood. There's still a decade of difference between Michael Douglas and Michelle Pfeiffer's ages, but by Hollywood standards this is not as bad as it could've been.

Another person from Burton's Batman brought to the MCU, cool. I only learnt of it through listening to KRYPTON's podcast as I type this in.

They just need to get Danny DeVito, Jack Nicholson or even Christopher Walken as Scott Lange's dad in Ant-Man 3 for a possible Scott & Hope wedding.

Nicholson is best saved as someone like Norman Osborn's father.

Nicholson will be Vulture's father!

When Pfeiffer spoke to Variety, she was set to start shooting Marvel’s “Ant-Man and the Wasp,” for her highest-profile role in years. She’ll play Janet van Dyne, the original Wasp. Her research has entailed poring over old comic books.

“I just started reading them, and I’m having a really hard time,” she says. “There’s so much information on a page, and it’s not linear. When I’m skim reading them it’s difficult to know that this part comes after that and who is talking in what bubble.”

She decided to do her first superhero movie since “Batman Returns” partly because she enjoyed director Peyton Reed’s take on “Ant-Man.” “It had this great sense of humor about it and just this unusual tone,” she says. “This new script has the same thing. It’s nicely written.”

Michelle Pfeiffer on her Hollywood Hiatus and her return to Superhero Films

ienpc7.jpg

She should start reading from Silver age. :o

I've never found reading comics difficult, even when I was a child. What's so hard to follow about the panels or the speech bubbles? Most of the older comics are linear too. Not that the ones now are so non-linear.

I have a friend who cannot for the life of her read comics. Her brain can’t process where she’s meant to look and where.
She’s a big Gaiman fan and I said she should try Sandman. She tried but gave up.
She just couldn’t get her head around the format.

Some comics are easier than others to follow. What about Watchmen, which has a very obvious format? If you read Sunday morning newspaper comics, you can read Watchmen.

Looking great!

She looks fab.

When are we going to get some set pics of her? Is she also going to dye her hair dark brown?

Maybe she will wear a wig? This was shot quite recently, so it doesn't look as if she dyed her hair.

[YT]q9y_nya-NDk[/YT]

Can’t wait to see what she’ll be wearing for the film. And looking forward to interactions with Michael Douglas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"