Mike Vogel Mentions X-3

I don't think he regrets it.
no0oc.gif

He would have made a good choice for Angel, but hey, his own fault.

I really liked Ben in the role, but he didn't do much. I think anybody could have done it.... Ben would be great in future films though if his character is expanded. :up:

I don't think just anyone could have done it. Ben's an inspired choice.

I really bet this dude's kicking himself right about now.

Specter313 said:
I really bet this dude's kicking himself right about now.
Why? There is more to the craft of acting then being part of a big blockbuster.

skruloos said:
Why? There is more to the craft of acting then being part of a big blockbuster.

Poseidon was expected to be a big blockbuster too.

X3 would have been a safer bet for Vogel.

WorthyStevens4 said:
Poseidon was expected to be a big blockbuster too.

X3 would have been a safer bet for Vogel.
It isn't a matter of being part of the blockbuster though. It's about trying to get experience with certain directors to learn from them and gain insight into their craft. Given the choice of Brett Ratner or Wolfgang Peterson, I would have chosen Peterson.

skruloos said:
It isn't a matter of being part of the blockbuster though. It's about trying to get experience with certain directors to learn from them and gain insight into their craft. Given the choice of Brett Ratner or Wolfgang Peterson, I would have chosen Peterson.

Fair enough.

Also, you have to look at the ability to work with Kurt Russell and Richard Dreyfus. Dreyfus is an Oscar winner. I heard a rumor from someone that a really good movie was left on the editing room floor because of studio pressure.

Nick Stahl would have made a great Angel to, but I loved Ben in the role. Say what you want about Ratner but the casting choices he made (Ben and Ellen) were non obvious ones that worked really well.

I remember reading that one if the reasons Vaughn left was that he wanted to replace some of the X1 and X2 actors with actor pals of his. I've always wondered which charaters? I think his casting of Vinnie and Kelesey was spot however.

Lightning Strikez! said:
If Poseidon doesn't fare well I wonder if he'll regret that decision? He would've been an instant household name if he'd done X3, an opportunity that Poseidon wouldn't have afforded him.

Lol well we know that wouldnt have happened

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monoxdifly
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"