Millar and McNiven on Wolverine

So, basically, I should save my self the three bucks for now?

I'm definitely going to buy Aaron and Garney's story. After that, we'll see.

Well, I guess I could give it a chance. After all, he has a chance of dying again and (I'm guessing) heals slower so his stories can have some suspense once more.

That was pretty much exactly why they knocked him back down a few notches.

It is so weird, despite Wolverine still being a "hot" character, Marvel seems hesitant to get any creative team on his ongoing beyond 6 months these days. It is like they treat it as a perpetual mini series.

Maybe they've run out of ideas for him. I mean, they did make him and Sabretooth originate from ancient cat people.

It is so weird, despite Wolverine still being a "hot" character, Marvel seems hesitant to get any creative team on his ongoing beyond 6 months these days. It is like they treat it as a perpetual mini series.

I'd much rather have it that way, too, instead of being stuck with someone like Millar or Bendis for years at a time. This way, if you don't like a particular writer or arc, you only have to wait a few months for a new one.

Maybe they've run out of ideas for him. I mean, they did make him and Sabretooth originate from ancient cat people.

Yeah, that was the stupidest thing ever.

And then there was the magical sword-battles with Death or something.

Whereas if you wanted good stories about Logan just "being the best at what he does", you needed annuals or random one-shots like FIREBREAK.

They actually didn't if you read the story. It was implied that they might have evolved from canines, not cats. It's a theory that not even Logan subscribes to.

I have a feeling that Marvel will just forget about that canine angle of evolution with Wolverine and Sabretooth. Loeb's run for the most part was rather enjoyable, but damn, that part was just f**king stupid. Like OMD level stupid.

I have a feeling that Marvel will just forget about that canine angle of evolution with Wolverine and Sabretooth. Loeb's run for the most part was rather enjoyable, but damn, that part was just f**king stupid. Like OMD level stupid.

No.

Actually, Loeb has said that he'd like to come back and tell the second half of that story at some point.

Mutants like Wolverine, Sabretooth and others being descendants of canines over regular humans like the rest of the mutant race was incredibly idiotic on par with OMD.

The difference is that Loeb's story overall is just far more better while OMD was just flat out crap.

Mutants like Wolverine, Sabretooth and others being descendants of canines over regular humans like the rest of the mutant race was incredibly idiotic on par with OMD.

The difference is that Loeb's story overall is just far more better while OMD was just flat out crap.

The difference is that Loeb never made this revelation fact. He made it open ended, so that you could believe what you wanted believe.

They actually didn't if you read the story. It was implied that they might have evolved from canines, not cats. It's a theory that not even Logan subscribes to.

The Other Evolve or Die originated from implications at first too. An implication Spider-man didn't believe at first either. Which makes me worried they might go down that route yet again. :csad:

The Other Evolve or Die originated from implications at first too. An implication Spider-man didn't believe at first either. Which makes me worried they might go down that route yet again. :csad:

Nah, I don't see that happening.

Cebulski and David Finch are supposed to be on Wolverine at some point, so I think they're following Millar and McNiven.

Looks like an interesting story, and McNiven can be counted on for great art.

The only thing as idiotic as OMD are your last two posts.

I like the idea of Wolverine in a Mad Max world. When Millar started talking about Logan and Hawkeye pushing drugs though, forget it.

I had a feeling this would be what it was. Damn, Finch AND McNiven doing some Wolverine? Maybe Marvel noticed how bad the sales were slipping. Millar said awhile back that he was returning to a character.

Millar's doing 8 issues? I loved his Enemy of the State, so I'm fine with him on Wolverine, but he seriously needs to improve his attention span. 16 issues of FF and 8 issue of Wolverine are the reason that Mark Millar is going to be the punchline to many jokes in years to come.

Kind of a letdown.I'm a big Millar fan,but going back to Wolverine doesn't really interest me.

At least there's still FF and 1985 to look forward to.

I had a feeling this would be what it was. Damn, Finch AND McNiven doing some Wolverine? Maybe Marvel noticed how bad the sales were slipping. Millar said awhile back that he was returning to a character.

Finch is doing Wolverine too? :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"