Millar and McNiven on Wolverine

*draws a penis on Darth's cheek pointing towards his mouth*

Millar talked with both Newsarama and CBR today about his and McNiven's upcoming run on Wolverine. There's not much new info, but I did catch this little nugget:

Mark Millar said:
The ‘Wolverine’ book is essentially Logan’s adventures when he is not having ‘X-Men’ adventures. And some of those stories are set in the present and some are set in the Vietnam era and some are set in World War II and some are set in ancient Japan.

Uh...what now? Ancient Japan? Logan wasn't even alive when Japan was ancient.

Also, Peter Parker's granddaughter goes by the name of Spider-*****.

Mark Millar said:
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]The kind of characters he runs into is like Spider-Man’s granddaughter, who is called Spider-***** and she is this black Spidey-Girl type of person that runs around in Utah. He runs into what’s left of the X-Men. He runs into the remains of the Marvel Universe. And it’s done in a way that you have never seen before.

[/FONT]http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=12820

I guess. I'd just find an online gallery or something, though.

Kind of a letdown.I'm a big Millar fan,but going back to Wolverine doesn't really interest me.

At least there's still FF and 1985 to look forward to.

Meh,after reading more interviews,I'm for sure going to pass this up.

Post apoco Wolvie just doesn't interest me at all.

So Aaron and Garney are coming right back after right? Right?

I don't know who's responsible for this "Logan Dies" run but whoever it is should NEVER work for Marvel again.

Both current runs on Wolverine and Wolverine: Origins have got to be considered the all-time low point for the character. Patch, Bone Claws, etc. nothing has been as bad as this. Fighting a battle in limbo with every near death experience so that he can return to earth? GACK. The artwork has been just as bad. Also, you'd think giving him his memories back would've given a writer a ton to work with. Instead, it appears they really don't know what to do with the character now.

However it goes, it can't get any worse and McNiven is one of the very very best. This news saves me from dropping the book. Having recently dropped Spider-Man, I don't know if I could've stood dropping another one of my absolute favorite characters.

Marvel should just put Rucka and Robertson back on Wolverine and call it a day.

Whoa, people dislike Patch? I thought it was a cool idea, even if it made no sense as an undercover identity.

Now Patch Adams, that's a secret identity.

So this is in continuity? Doesn't that go after Marvel's policy on stories told in the future?

I doubt it's really in continuity, since it'll be about a time period the modern continuity will never, ever reach.

Yeah, whatever, that's Millar's wonky future continuity. For all practical purposes, I doubt it'll really affect the 616 timeline in any tangible way.

You're talking about Mark "Shock Storytelling" Millar, though. He's nothing if not an overrated writer who feels the need to put his mark on continuity forever.

You're talking about Mark "Shock Storytelling" Millar, though. He's nothing if not an overrated writer who feels the need to put his mark on continuity forever.

How so?Do you really think Marvel let him write CW all his own without any editorial mandates whatsoever?It's been known that elements such as Spidey's unmasking were JQ's ideas from the get go.

Ultimates 1 and 2 have no effect on continuity whatsoever,all contained and in their own universe.

Wolverine with JRJR was a 12 issue action romp with no lasting ramifications to speak of.

Ultimate F4 was another self contained adventure.

Beyond that,he hasn't done any long term runs where he's purposely tried to change things or retcon anything.I think you're comments are much more fitting for guys like Bendis and JMS.

And what the bad place was PJ banned for?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"