Miller working on Mad Max 4 and Justice league concurently?

So by Miller supposedly doing Mad Max 4 it somehow lead to people to wonder that JL got canceled and MOS is back on?

thats not wondering, thats jumping to conclusions... but whatever

no conclusion on this topic , apart from you , who concluded that people were single minded on the subject.

So by Miller supposedly doing Mad Max 4 it somehow lead to people to wonder that JL got canceled and MOS is back on?

You're not new to forums obviously...

thats not wondering, thats jumping to conclusions... but whatever

Messageboards = Jumping to Conclusions

Lot's of directors prep one movie while shooting another and he's probably covering himself in case one falls through before the strike deadline.

Lot's of directors prep one movie while shooting another and he's probably covering himself in case one falls through before the strike deadline.

Prep is different from what this article seems to be claiming though, unless it's just a matter of the wording.

Hmmm i wonder what is going on here. Yes it is possible to film two movies at the same time all counts on filming schedules and how much directing in first unit they are doing and the second unit directing too. Also he could possible not direct mm4 fully and co direct like some one said or maybe could just be a producer on the project and have someone else direct it while he is working on jla. now if mm4 is filming during jla filming and it comes out first that is all possible. I have seen some movies filmed for a very short period like 2-4 months and then it all counts on how long post production will be.

Maybe Miller wanted Evans for Superman but the WB found out about all of the fan negativity towards him & the WB told Miller that he can not have Evans & Miller is slowly looking to walk out of Justice League :huh: It is interesting how we find out about this after the fan back slash from the Evans rumors.

Maybe Miller wanted Evans for Superman but the WB found out about all of the fan negativity towards him & the WB told Miller that he can not have Evans & Miller is slowly looking to walk out of Justice League :huh: It is interesting how we find out about this after the fan back slash from the Evans rumors.
sainyg that miller wanted evans for superman is an insult :o:woot:

and i dont care for the''maybe he was really good at the screentest''. i dont care for that.

Lots of people will tell you that they dont listen to the fans, nor read message boards. I think differently however.

I think with all the rush to get films started prestrike that maybe both films will be "filming" even if they aren't filming, you follow me?

Let's assume that JL will finish all its preproduction work first. If Miller works on preproduction for MM4 while doing the filming for JL, he may film MM4 while JL is going through what will no doubt be an extensive FX post production process. Mad Max 4 will most likely have less CGI (especially if they do it right) and most things will be shot practically. So then it's a quick edit and score and its out the door.

Hell, he may shoot JL, put it on the shelf, go film MM4 and then come back to JL later!

Of course, this all depends on what his contract with WB is. They may insist he focus on JL first.

Are we sure that it is a movie?
I'm starting to think that the JL is only a new videogame for the XBOX 360 and Playstation 3 :whatever:

the article seems to imply he'd actually be directing and shooting both movies at the same time. and, with movies like these, that kinda really seems impossible to do. certainly not possible without the expense of each films quality.

It does seem fishy, but then Peter Jackson did shoot all three LOTR films out of order simultaneously, so it's not impossible to think that can't be done in Miller's case. Plus, Happy Feet 2 will only require directing voice actors and overseeing the animation and storyboarding, so it's feasible Miller could work on all three at the same time but it would be immensely draining on him.

And whoever said Miller will co-direct a movie like Sin City, we're talking about George Miller, not Frank Miller. George Miller wasn't involved at all with SC.

yeah, but LOTR consisted of the same cast, crew, designs, set locations, etc etc....it was much more contained and it was all towards one goal. it was essentially one film, with one linear story. but with this, miller is gonna have to be leading two completely seperate crews, for two completely seperate films, with two completely seperate stories, aiming towards two completely seperate goals. its a completely different situation.

Update : i dunno how reliable is this site.

What i know is that i take everything with a ton of salt since some times :o :woot:

Thursday, November 01, 2007
MAD MAX 4: The final word (for now).

It's not happening. There was never any truth to it. My source (let's call him "Reverso", just for the hell of it) has checked with his source (let's call him "Strewth, Sheila"), and this is the latest.

So yeah, damned if we'll be getting that "The Art Of FURY ROAD" hardback anytime soon.

sternly invoked by Mark at 11:18 PM

http://badlibrarianship.blogspot.com/2007/11/mad-max-4-final-word-for-now.html

Thank to filmflick via obsessed film for the heads up.

you know its gotten real quite in the JL front, other folks around here are starting to guess that it got put on the backburner and that Miller was working on MM4, now this happened. if any of that is true, should we start hearing some news on JL again?

you know its gotten real quite in the JL front, other folks around here are starting to guess that it got put on the backburner and that Miller was working on MM4, now this happened. if any of that is true, should we start hearing some news on JL again?

Nov. 7 is when Time Warner/Warner Bros. are going to be giving out there quartily updated on their recent projects. Hopefully they say something about JL.

Nov. 7 is when Time Warner/Warner Bros. are going to be giving out there quartily updated on their recent projects. Hopefully they say something about JL.

isnt that usually a financial report thing? if they ever make mention of the JL its nothing we already know (George Miller as director et al).

Update :

Omnilab to mentor directors under new Miller partnership
Nov 21, 2007 |
By Simon de Bruyn

Omnilab Media managing director Christopher Mapp plans to mentor upcoming directors and foster emerging talent in his new joint venture with George Miller’s Australian production group, Kennedy Miller Mitchell.

'While we will start by working on George Miller-directed films, in the future we may work with external directors and others that have been mentored internally by the company. We will bring our own projects to the table as well,' he told Inside Film.

Last Friday, the two groups announced they would form a joint digital media company with an initial focus on co-financing and co-producing digital feature films, visual effects and animation. The union aims to merge Omnilab’s management experience, resources and infrastructure, across its 14 businesses, with KMM’s creative film making expertise – honed over such film projects as Mad Max, Babe, Lorenzo’s Oil and Happy Feet.

Mapp said that while the company hoped to attract established Australian directors back from overseas to work on projects at home, the joint group would grow local talent by strengthening its partnerships with local educational institutions.

'It’s a top priority for us to grow and retain local talent. We have been talking to some of the colleges about partnering with them and fostering this emerging talent and will up the ante even more with this new company,' he said.

He was tight-lipped on projects currently under development by the new venture, but hinted one may be the fourth Mad Max film, Fury Road. 'The Fury Road project is not green lit yet but it’s actually very well developed. George actually has a number of projects that are well developed that we would like to work on,' he said.
http://www.if.com.au/News/View.aspx?newsid=537

Thanks to moviehole :cwink:

Update : i dunno how reliable is this site.

What i know is that i take everything with a ton of salt since some times :o :woot:

Thursday, November 01, 2007
MAD MAX 4: The final word (for now).

It's not happening. There was never any truth to it. My source (let's call him "Reverso", just for the hell of it) has checked with his source (let's call him "Strewth, Sheila"), and this is the latest.

So yeah, damned if we'll be getting that "The Art Of FURY ROAD" hardback anytime soon.

sternly invoked by Mark at 11:18 PM

http://badlibrarianship.blogspot.com/2007/11/mad-max-4-final-word-for-now.html

Thank to filmflick via obsessed film for the heads up.

Quiet as it's kept, Justice League (American Heroes) is Mad Max (Lord) 4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"