Mirakuru 2.0.... sigh

Discussion in 'Arrow' started by Deltron3030, Oct 31, 2018.

1. Deltron3030 Registered

Season 7 has been great. I’d even say slightly better than season 7 up to this point. The main issue is the main villain. Why are they so hell bent on keeping Diaz as the big bad. Now they take a short cut and basically rewrite him with some sort of Mirakru 2.0 which has been done already. Why oh why! Season has been so good up to that point.

Diaz just is not interesting to me. He isn’t the worst villain but he is very dull. I’d say he is probably the second to worst big bad we have had. Please oh please write him off mid season and introduce someone else or just make it the long bow hunters. So much potential right now and I feel like they’ll drop the ball.

WhoMani and ludovica like this.
  2. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

Rumour has it that The Flash is going to do have a three season arc (so three big villains across the season). Considering the similarities between Arrow and Flash, I would like to think that Arrow too will follow suit and Diaz wont be the core villain of the series. I'd agree that he's very dull, and doesn't really add to the show.

We've definitely had better villains.

3. Babillygunn New Age Outlaw

I’m surprised we haven’t seen the “new arrow” for the past few weeks. Interestingly his absence corresponds to the absence of the flash-forward scenes involving Roy and grown up William. Coincidence? I think not.

4. WhoMani Registered

I expect Diaz to be gone by the mid season

5. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

They upped him to a series regular so he wont be going anywhere that soon. He'll be in at least 13 episodes.

6. WhoMani Registered

Let's just say I expect him to be quickly defeated once Oliver get's out of prison but yeah I do agree that he probably be in at least 13 episodes which is disappointing as he sucks.

7. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

I want him to be gone by episode 2. :o

8. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

I dont know why it is so hard to make him an interesting formidable villain. They have material to go off of but like they did with Laurel just refuse to use it to better the character.

9. WhoMani Registered

I guess the writers are stubborn and that they're want to have their "own" version of the character.
    Yeah me too :(

10. 2kt09 Snyder Rent-Free

Reverse-engineering the martial arts.
    Laurel is quite literally the only character I have left to give a damn for.

11. Jedi Arrow Vigilant Knight

Honestly, I don't understand why so many people hate Diaz as a villain. I mean, I hate him. But I hate him the way you're supposed to hate a villain–because he's bad. I think he's well-written and well-acted in the part of a total thug who is just plain mean and only cares about getting on top. Maybe that's not the conventional character in the comics, but I think it has worked well for this show. If he'd been just another super-skilled martial artist right off the bat, he just would've been another Merlyn or Adrian Chase. Building him up over two seasons is something that hasn't been done on any Arrowverse shows and I think it's worked. Especially since he's been used sparingly (thus, his appearance has meaning) this season. Damien Darkh is a perfect example of an over-used villain. I don't know why, but I don't feel nearly as much disgust with Diaz as I did Darkh. But I'm willing to see where they go with Diaz, because as far as I'm concerned, they have handled him well so far.

12. Deltron3030 Registered

Super powered Diaz still sucks LOL. Gawd!! Oh Lordy!,

13. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

His super powers didn't make his voice any more pleasant to hear. At least give him a voice changer. :o

Sometimes his whole way of acting seems reminiscent of Nicholas Cage overacting.