Comics Missing the old days...

ragingdemon155

Superhero
Reaction score
Just remembering the old days on this site. Those were some damn good times. Seems like activity has completely died on this board.

I remember when I was a lurker like 15 years ago and how much activity it had.

Yea the activity was great back in the day. Can’t believe that this was exclusively a Spider-Man site and then grew into all of this...

Most of the forums and websites I was on are either dead, dying or completely gone...
This one is dying...
A shame really, but that's what happens when one writer has sole control of the book and only one book comes out, and they audience is shoved aside for new ones that don't care for more or have staying power.
Why do the comics advertize the movies, but the movies don't advertize the comics?

Aloha,
Comics have a cyclic appeal. This forum had some of the original Spider-Man readers and lovers and just like music, this new presentation of Spidey is not for the older crowd. The new readers don't have the same reference points that the older ones have and see things a little less critically.
We'll have a new team on Amazing and we have PP Spectacular along with Ben Reilly, S-M /Deadpool and Renew your vows.
Time will tell if the new Amazing team reinvigorates the title.
I have hope after all

Spidey still rules:susd:

Yeah forums in general have been declining. Its a shame though, cause the Spidey boards (and the site in general) use to have a bunch of activity. Now the only boards on this site that seem to have regular activity are either the general boards or the boards for whatever the next upcoming movie is.

Yeah forums in general have been declining. Its a shame though, cause the Spidey boards (and the site in general) use to have a bunch of activity. Now the only boards on this site that seem to have regular activity are either the general boards or the boards for whatever the next upcoming movie is.

Aloha,
Well you know, Spider-Man Hype was the original board and it was developed as a result of the first Spidey movie, so maybe things are just going back to the old days!

Spidey rules

Aloha,
Well you know, Spider-Man Hype was the original board and it was developed as a result of the first Spidey movie, so maybe things are just going back to the old days!

Spidey rules

True lol...I guess I didn't think of it that way. But even back when the site was Spider-Man Hype, there seemed to be a lot of discussion about the comics.

Anybody been reading PP: TSSM? It was a bit rocky the first handful of issues with some fun stuff but I’m just catching up after the Legacy numbering. The AMAZING FANTASY arc was some of the best Spidey stories I’ve read in a LONG time (besides SPIDEY). Had such great story and character beats and the art had that vintage vibe throwback to the 60s era. It was great.

Anybody been reading PP: TSSM? It was a bit rocky the first handful of issues with some fun stuff but I’m just catching up after the Legacy numbering. The AMAZING FANTASY arc was some of the best Spidey stories I’ve read in a LONG time (besides SPIDEY). Had such great story and character beats and the art had that vintage vibe throwback to the 60s era. It was great.

Aloha,
Yes, it is getting better.
There are many people who come to these boards regularly who seem to be afraid of stepping up and creating new threads. Don't be. As the old go away, it would be great for some of you new fans to take the lead.

Spidey rules

Aloha,
Yes, it is getting better.
There are many people who come to these boards regularly who seem to be afraid of stepping up and creating new threads. Don't be. As the old go away, it would be great for some of you new fans to take the lead.

Spidey rules

I started a couple of threads or just one, for PP: TSSM and they got deleted. Maybe due to inactivity. Which is why I posted about it here..haha

Who read the AMAZING FANTASY arc? Last issue had one of the coolest sequences...

Just remembering the old days on this site. Those were some damn good times. Seems like activity has completely died on this board.

I just came back today. Had some work drama, and I was really just focused on finding a new job. Got one now, a better one. Still doubt I'll be able to be on here like I once was...but it's always like coming "home" sometimes.

Welcome back Shinlyle!

Thanks!

Yeah, I don't chime in like I used to, simply because I don't read as much as I used to.

I read the recent Red Goblin arc, which wasn't horrible, but it didn't "wow" me. I have been keeping up with Spider-man: Renew Your Vows, as I acknowledge this as the best Spidey book out there, right now.

I also LOVE the new Venom series. The first issue was so good, and Cates and Stegman are just killing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"