Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning

:mnm:
Well if they were to have a new main lead, then Ilsa makes the most sense imo. You could keep Benji and Luther around as well, and perhaps bring back some older characters from past films as well.

Whoever takes over for Cruise has to have a willingness to do the stunts.
And I don’t think Rebecca wants to do it.

No one's going to do that, and that's the point. You'd probably need to scale them back somewhat and focus more on other things as well.

Breaking down the sequence

[YT]ctIbzJX0HnM[/YT]

Cavill is up in the air with Cruise. Cavill runs back and hides behind the crates

sPGLSu5.gif

They film 70% of the remaining scenes of the sequence in a wind machine

xDYbOg7.jpg

Very cool! Thanks! :)

:mnm:
No one's going to do that, and that's the point. You'd probably need to scale them back somewhat and focus more on other things as well.
Well, you could double down on the espionage,
But the First Mission Impossible film did that and they still ended it with that wild helicopter stunt in the Chunnel.

My guess is that those are estimates based on the fact that the films have recently had a 3 year gap.
But,if MI:7 has been greenlit, that has not been announced yet.

That HALO drop sequence looked really good. Some of the better integration of visual effects in a while IMO.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm starting to grow very frustrated with visual effects, especially CG of late and just how plain awful and fake they look.

They film 70% of the remaining scenes of the sequence in a wind machine

xDYbOg7.jpg

This feature segment only states they practiced on the wind machine:

[YT]afb2z3SCKnI[/YT]

What part of the sequence wasn't for real? As far as I know it was three different shots stitched together. But it was all for real.

This feature segment only states they practiced on the wind machine:

[YT]afb2z3SCKnI[/YT]

What part of the sequence wasn't for real? As far as I know it was three different shots stitched together. But it was all for real.

Obviously the lightning strikes and some weather effects were added.

Obviously the lightning strikes and some weather effects were added.
Sure, I’m just referring to the live-action plates prior to all the digital touch-ups. I’m unaware of any green screen for the actual jump(s), but I’m open to corrections.

Sure, I’m just referring to the live-action plates prior to all the digital touch-ups. I’m unaware of any green screen for the actual jump(s), but I’m open to corrections.

I'm right there with you. None of the BTS footage indicated that there was green-screen work for that sequence.

If there was, it may just be something they don't feel like highlighting.

McQuarrie has stated in a number of interviews that when the camera is focused on Ethan walking back and trying to warn Walker about the storm, at that point,
The rest of the camera crew is jumping out of the aircraft.

Maybe they could explain what became of Brent (Jeremy Renner's character from the 4th and 5th movies). He disappeared after last time. I know the BTS reason is that Avengers was filming around the same time, but they could've said he retired or something or is now working a desk job for the IMF.

Because of Renners Avengers schedule,
They only had 3 days where he was available to shoot Fallout.

McQuarrie told Renner one thing that he could do was shoot a short scene where Brandt sacrifices his life to save the team.

Sounds like they were going to blow him up.
But, Renner turned McQuarrie down.

These movies do have a habit of just, dropping important characters from past films without explaining what happened to them.

Renner wasn't available, so it's not necessarily like he could never come back. Luther was only brought back for a token cameo in the fourth movie, and then they made him a bigger character again in Rogue Nation.

I'll be kind of surprised if Renner even returns. McQaurrie said it was hard enough fitting him into the fifth movie and the failure with him being posited to take over the franchise in four, I just wouldn't think Renner would kind of see it as pointless. He was even suggested to be killed off in the opening of this movie. He almost seems like dead weight. It's not personal, it's just I think the franchise has found its groove and it so happens to not involve Brandt.

He IS dead weight. After the whole "he could take over the franchise" angle fell through, he just felt redundant. I mean, they could maybe promote him to IMF Secretary since he was the stand-in for that position throughout RN...but then they'd of course have to kill him off because that role is the Defense Against the Dark Arts Professor role.

I have two questions for the seventh film;

Will Ethan Hunt go back to his long hair for this outing? It used to be a change-up between each film until now.

And, more importantly, will Luthor have or not have a moustache?

longform-original-24444-1438366533-7.png

ving-rhames-mission-impossible-star-cops-held-gun-to-his-head-rex-ftr.jpg

Did anyone really buy into the idea that Renner would take over?

I never did.
And, I am not even sure those rumors were even true.
I never got the sense in Ghost Protocol they were grooming him to take over the franchise. I mean in the final act, he had the more comedic stuff to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"