Miyazaki Starts New Animated Film

This isn't really a surprise -- this must be his 4 millioneth "retirement" -- but it's good news to end this year with.

futurama-fry.gif

Wow he makes working in animation sound depressing as ****.

Wow he makes working in animation sound depressing as ****.

Based on working conditions for Japanese anime and manga, it is kind of depressing and brutal.

Also, I will believe Miyazaki is retired when he is no longer with us. Retirement to him is like vacation.

Hollywood should take this approach sometimes. You could have shown absolutely nothing from Avengers: Endgame ahead of its opening date and it still would have made the same amount of money.

Hollywood should take this approach sometimes. You could have shown absolutely nothing from Avengers: Endgame ahead of its opening date and it still would have made the same amount of money.

To be fair, they kinda did that. Wasn’t it just the group walking down a hall? lol

To be fair, they kinda did that. Wasn’t it just the group walking down a hall? lol
More or less. They only showed stuff from the first hour of the movie but if the trailers leading up to it had just been made up of footage from previous movies with the new title it still would have caught people's attention for the mystery factor.

Well, technically they did show Cap tightening his shield and a clip or two of Thanos after he blew up the base in the marketing, so that's not entirely accurate. It is true that most of the movie was left out of the marketing though, especially the middle part with the time travel heist.

That being said, I'm looking forward to this. Miyazaki has yet to disappoint me.

More or less. They only showed stuff from the first hour of the movie but if the trailers leading up to it had just been made up of footage from previous movies with the new title it still would have caught people's attention for the mystery factor.

No. They did show a clip of Cap from the final battle.

Miyazaki and Godzilla in December?

Both in IMAX?

giphy.gif

The teaser is very intriguing. I'm excited!

Never expected to see Christian Bale in another Ghibli film.

That’s RPatz as the Heron? :wow:

Most big stars that do voice acting tend to just use their own voice so it’s nice to hear him get his freak on :funny:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"