Mobile Suit Gundam Mega Thread

Shiro Amada for taking down a Zaku II Prototype with a RB-79K Ball Type K.

So, anyone here collect Gundam Models?

If so, which ones do you have? Are they HG, MG or PG? Painted or just straight out of the box.

T.T Still, a Ball...not to mention had the guts to go out in a Ball. o.o

I'm not sure if Shiro was gutsy at the beginning of the show if not foolish and niave. He was battle hardened by the beginning and smart, but he was still niave and because of meeting Ania he switched ideologies but I think he really didn't grow out of his cloud until the last two episodes and then "idsappeared."

Also, Heero Yui is easily the best pilot outside of Char and Amuro in the universe.

Considering what Kamille did with the Zeta Gundam, I'd have to say he is number three.

I only have one model,its of the Shining Gundam.

What do people think of Superior Defender Gundam Force?Or SD Gundam that was shown on Cartoon Network a few years ago?

It's not my cup of tea, I prefer the more adult oriented titles (MSG, MSZG, CCA, 8th MS Team, and G Gundam, although it is rather Shônen-esque).

I always liked Amuro as a pilot so I vote for him. I also used to watch SD gundam during its toonami run. It was a show that I mostly want to forget. Though it had it moments...

Instead of voting about who you'd think win in a fight, who is simply your favorite pilot? As in your favorite character?

Treize Khushrenada.

Knight of Pwnage!

My favorite pilot would have to be the White Devil himself, Amuro Ray.

By the way, the PS3 and 360 will have the new Dynasty Warriors Gundam game soon.

I'd say mine is a toss up between Heero, Char and Duo Maxwell. Maybe I"d throw in Kiki from 08th MS Team, but I'm not sure as she was really annoying at the beginning of the show, but she had a great arc.

I'm not too excited about Dynasty Warriors but the One Year War for 360 in October could be good and 0079 Frontline on Wii is supposed to be great, but it won't come out in the States until next year if at all. :(

True, but a female character who is supposed to be strong but not be given silly dialogue (like Aina(sp?) in that very show) is rare.

But I guess it is up between Heero, Duo and Char. Amuro is cool but he is a little too straight-laced. I also like Shiro Armada but again too idealistic and nieve for most of the show.

Yūgi's BM;12281044 said:
My favorite pilot would have to be the White Devil himself, Amuro Ray.

By the way, the PS3 and 360 will have the new Dynasty Warriors Gundam game soon.
Yes and you are suppose to be bale to miss macth pliots with gundams

Gundam 00 is starting soon. Who's looking forward to a new Gundam (that will hopefully be bootlegged to the US sooner than the dub and release we'd have to wait a few years for).

Gundam 00 is starting soon. Who's looking forward to a new Gundam (that will hopefully be bootlegged to the US sooner than the dub and release we'd have to wait a few years for).
tell me when it starts up i wouldn't mind giving it a look

The new Wii Gundam Game. Looks real good.

Gundam MS Front 0079 Playtest
Twenty years and one controller revolution later, a Gundam game that you'll have to try.
by Anoop Gantayat

July 27, 2007 - After twenty years and dozens of sequels, it seems that the formula for a Gundam game that isn't mediocre may have at last been found. On top of a quality job from the army over at Bandai's Gundam game conversion factory, we have the Wiimote to thank for that.

Released Thursday in Japan, Mobile Suit Gundam MS Front 0079 combines the classic big robot anime franchise with first person-style controls courtesy of the Wiimote and nunchuck combo. The result, at least through the first few missions that I've managed to play, is a fast, intense game of mech warfare with controls so intuitive that going back to a standard controller may be tough.

The basic control scheme in this second Wii Gundam game (the first one was SD Gundam, an enjoyable launch title that required that you pound the Wiimote like a hammer) is what you'd expect of a Wii FPS, with the nunchuck used for movement and strafing and the Wiimote for looking around, turning, and targeting enemies. You can dash and jump via the Z button and lock on to the nearest enemy by pressing C. Firing is done with the B trigger, with weapons easily selected by tapping the minus button.

The controls work well during long-range combat. It's easy to lock yourself onto an enemy and dash around while blasting away. So precise is the aiming, in fact, that I often find myself forgetting to lock on, but still have no problem keeping my sights set on a particular enemy craft. The only trouble I've had with long-range combat and overall navigation is with the jump and dash being placed on the same button; you have to come to a complete stop in order to execute a jump rather than a dash.

If you run out of bullets and can't find any powerups on the battlefield, or if you just want to take an enemy out real fast, you can move in close for hand-to-hand combat. Press A when nearby an enemy, and your Gundam unit will take out his sword. You can then swing the Wiimote horizontally or vertically for direct attacks.

The game has a simple combo-based melee combat system in place. You can block incoming melee attacks by holding down B, and counter blows with a well timed press of the attack button. With some well-timed counters on the part of both yourself and your opponent, it's possible to get into a Soul Calibur style face-off. Here, you emerge victorious by shaking your Wiimote furiously.

The ability to swing the Wiimote during melee combat is an obvious feature that one would expect of a Wii game. While the game could have definitely used a few more tweaks to the accuracy of this particular area of combat, it's still a nice bonus on top of the refined long-range combat system. Much like other games that require you to swing the Wiimote in order to slash enemies (Dragon Quest Swords comes to mind), it's surprising how much such an imprecise attack scheme can draw you into the fight. You'll definitely want to make sure to give yourself ample room to swing.

On top of the twitch-based action, there's a strategic element to the combat as well. You fight alongside up to two AI-controlled ally pilots. With the press of the "1" button, you can switch between nine formations, focusing on offense, defense, or balance.

You're also free to assign weapons to all the Mobile Suits in your group. While your arsenal grows with each mission, each weapon is assigned a point value, and you're limited in the total number of points that you can equip. One possible strategy is to get rid of one wingman completely and equip the remaining two with the best weapons.

Wiimote controls aside, this is your typical Gundam combat game, with all the elements we've come to expect over the years. In the story mode, which you can play from the perspective of either the Earth Federation Force or ZEON sides, the game is split rigidly into missions, taking you from a briefing sequence to a short conversation sequence between characters, to a customization screen, and finally to the battle field. There's nothing wild about the presentation, although it's worth noting that the game is fully voiced both during the between-mission conversation sequences and the numerous cut-ins during the missions.

The game has plenty of options for those who tire of the story mode. From the start, you have access to the Ace Pilot mode. Here, ten classic characters like Amuro Ray are at your disposal for a series of free missions.

Two players can also get in on the action via a few multiplayer modes. Versus mode lets you face off against the CPU or another player for a split-screen team-based battle. This can be played cooperatively, with two players facing off against a CPU team. Survival mode puts you and an optional second player on the battlefield for a three-minute test to see who can get the highest score. The game also includes the Combination Mode, which offers two player cooperative missions.

I've only played a few missions so far, but thanks to its intuitive control scheme, Gundam MS Front 0079 is already the most fun I've ever had with a Gundam game. The game hasn't been officially announced for America yet, so those wanting to experience the pairing of Japan's favorite mech with its favorite console will have to import.

h-104_71334_02.jpg.jpg

57771520070501_145639_16_big_qjgenth.jpg

Mobile Suit Gundam00

Plot Summary from ANN:
It is the year A.D. 2307. Fossil fuels on Earth have been depleted entirely, with mankind turning to the next available power source: solar energy. During this time, 3 orbital elevators with solar power generation systems are built, each under control by the Union (formerly United States of America), the Human Reformist Alliance (Russia, China and India) and the AEU (Europe). However, not all countries are able to enjoy the benefits of this system, leading to widespread resentment and war. Arising out of the conflict, a mysterious non-profit military organization known as Celestial Being appears, dedicated to end all warfare using Mobile Suits called Gundam. This begins the stories of Gundam Meisters (pilots) Setsuna F. Seiei, Lockon Stratos, Allelujah Haptism and Tiera Erde as they are thrown into conflict between the 3 superpowers and the other various factions.

Human Reformist Alliance Mass Production MS - MSJ-06IIA Tieren
Armament: Gun x 1, Carbon Blade x 1
msj06iiatierentw3.jpg

AEU Mass Production MS - AEU-09 AEU Enact
Armament: Linear Rifle x 1
aeu09aeuenactal2.jpg

Union Mass Production MS - SVMS-01 Union Flag
Armament: Linear Rifle x 1, Sonic Blade x 1, Plasma Blade x 1
svms01unionflagfw9.jpg

Mizushima Animage Interview on the upcoming Gundam series, Mobile Suit Gundam 00

Q: Tell us how the title "Mobile Suit Gundam 00" came about?
A: It started as a temporary title, but it ended up being the official title. Originally I wanted to have a cool name, but we all forgot about it. Besides the obvious reason of starting from zero, there are other reasons. Right now it is a secret, but it will become a keyword as the story progresses.

Q: Reason behind why this series is set in the future of our world?
A: I personally have no deep knowledge about UC or CE so jumping into their worlds would be inappropriate and offensive to the staff who worked on those series. To me, it made perfect sense to make this series connected to our world. By doing this, it is easier to reflect our history and blend it with the series. At this moment, I am not focusing too much about making this ultra real or serious. This is entertainment after all so I'll mirror some of the real world issues in this series like I have with the anime I worked on in the past.

Q: What kind of Gundam story are you aiming for?
A: Don't know if this is a good or bad thing. I haven't watched a lot of the previous Gundam series. When I was first offered this job, I thought to myself, "Aren't there more Gundam-minded people than me?" Sunrise told me "We want to create a new Gundam so the director doesn't have to know a lot about Gundam." I have staff like Yousuke Kuroda and mecha designers, who are Gundam fans, so they will make sure it is Gundam while I will try to create without thinking too much that this is a Gundam series. Perhaps, this might be the theme, but I will bring my own Gundam-ness to the series.

Q: What is your Gundam-ness?
A: One is writing about war. Gundam is a weapon after all. This doesn't mean I'm going to be devoted to battles scenes. Instead I believe it is important to approach the war theme straightforward. (Gunota note: from here he tries to be funny) Other than that, a mobile weapon walking on 2 legs using beam sabers and a beam rifle. Then the basic stuff like Gundam is red, blue, yellow, and white. *laughs* This time, we are being more adventurous with the designs. If you have these 4 colors, they look like Gundam. *laughs*

Q: The pilots of the Gundams belong to a group who are trying to end war. What are you trying to say with this?
A: Let's take this one phrase, "Using force to end wars" and see what happens when someone carries out this contradicting act. "What do you start to see?" is one of things I want to write. Since this is a drama involving these characters, you will see "What happens to the world when they pilot the Gundam? What will these pilots do and how will they change?" This will be the gut of the series for sure.

Q: How will the MS designs and battle action turn out?
A: We hope to bring 2 styles: one is the super action style from SEED, second are actions that take advantage of the MS. When the plot of Gundams entering the conflict was being setup, we had a conversation saying "It might be all right for the Gundams to be super mecha." Therefore, the antagonist's MS was designed reflecting today's weapons and the Gundams were designed to confront them. It will feel like super mecha vs real mecha. The concept of the Gundam being far superior is one concept I had from the beginning. I don't know how much of that you will see, but the staff will follow along and hopefully you might see some odd looking scenes.

Q: Lastly, a message for the fans of the upcoming series.
A: While this will be a drama connecting people with people or people with the world, I will not be forcing answers on them. I'm hoping this series will motivate viewers into thinking. A Gundam novice like me is working real hard creating a new Gundam so I hope the previous fans and new fans will support us.

Source

Mizushima NT interview on the upcoming Gundam series, Mobile Suit Gundam 00. Covers different topics than the Animage one.

Source: Newtype

Q: A 15-second long promo video appeared after Toward the Terra on June 2. Any response from the public?
A: They were a lot of responses and they were fast, too. A day after the promo, my friend who was eating at a restaurant overheard young people talking about the next Gundam by watching it on their mobile phones.

Q: This Gundam doesn't take place in ___ Era, instead it takes place in Seireki (anno domini aka AD) 2307.
A: I wanted to do it in AD. Since my knowledge regarding UC and CE is very low, doing it in AD would be a lot easier and allow me to bring in real world agendas.

Q: Was bringing a real world agenda the start of your concept?
A: Since this is Mobile Suit Gundam, I believe you are placed in a situation where you have to write something about war. If that is the case, it could be on something like a conflict or terror we see today. In a Gundam series, the Gundam serves as a weapon which allows me to do these things. It is possible to make this story a fantasy, but I didn't want to do that with this Gundam. I wanted an era based on today's world.

Q: Setsuna F. Seiei, the main character, is a former soldier from the Middle East. This smells like the ethnic and religious clash we have today.
A: 300 years from now, I don't think this problem will be solved. However, I don't want to present a solution to this social problem. If young people ended up searching on the net, it would be worth making the series. Instead of just watching the events, I'm personally hoping we can approach it more closely. For us, it is hard to understand the thoughts of people who are living under war conditions, but we can know a little bit by studying. I want to absorb them and express them on film. I do believe this is a hard thing to do.

There is another challenge. I'm aiming for a new innovation as far as MS action goes. Each group will have their own MS, unique in shape and movement as well. To put it simply, a normal MS will have realistic behavior. Since Gundams are super weapons, they will have super mechanic movements. These differences will be purposely put in place and I'm looking forward to how much variety of actions we can express. I want everyone to look forward to this because I am, too.

Q: Setsuna is described as a cool person who hardly reveals any emotion. Does this mean he is keeping his feelings inside himself regarding why he fights?
A: That is still a secret. *laughs* His past is difficult to understand which probably makes him look cool. Once people see the facts, they will understand.

Q: Why did you decide on him as the main character?
A: At first, I wanted a character that doesn't fit a typical Japanese person. Then I went through the process of what this young person and I would do if I were placed in these circumstances. I believe this is an important step when you develop a story.

Q: This is far away from the viewer's standpoint.
A: Yes, it is. Which is why I asked Yun Kouga for character designs. If this wasn't Kouga-san's designs, people might have been afraid, grossed out, or not even empathize. It may sound like this is all we're doing based on my conversation, but it is only part of it. This is an entertainment show so we'll have those other elements, too.

Q: Will there be any romance?
A: There will be plenty of romance even under these harsh circumstances. *laughs* Yousuke Kuroda is going to include lots of romance in the story.

Q: Which means a heroine character is going to appear?
A: We haven't made that public yet? There is one, a 24-year-old heroine. She's been through a lot of difficulties.

Q: Will she be Setsuna's primary interest?
A: Umm, we haven't decided that yet. Again, she's been through a lot...

Source

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"