Mobile Suit Gundam....the movie?

Audiences would flock to Char...he would be the Loki for a new generation

Tallgeese or I boycott.

Gihren’s speech at Garma’s state funeral would be a good ending point for the first movie if they were gonna follow the story.

Snape is a perfect example of what people will accept. He spent years purposely torturing Harry. It was no plan to do it, he did it because he hated him, and yet he was still the triple agent that people loved.

That doesn't have to happen in a movie adaptation. More over, you act as if creating characters for a film adaptation is possible. Char's a trash enough already anyways.

You and I have very different definitions of torture. What Dolores Umbridge did was torture.

It's not impossible to create new characters and a new story. Then they will Hollywood it up and make it trash, just like Death Note which removed pretty much everything cool, interesting, and unique about the source material and the character of Light.

All these characters I know nothing about.

It's not impossible to create new characters and a new story. Then they will Hollywood it up and make it trash, just like Death Note which removed pretty much everything cool, interesting, and unique about the source material and the character of Light.

That's downright the most refreshing & innovative spin to an anime/manga adaptation I've seen in quite some time &...well the first time for a Western adaptation.
Gundam is more straight-forward than DN and with quite the range of "quality" across its many shows.

All these characters I know nothing about.

That's downright the most refreshing & innovative spin to an anime/manga adaptation I've seen in quite some time &...well the first time for a Western adaptation.
Gundam is more straight-forward than DN and with quite the range of "quality" across its many shows.

Some of the spin-offs are more straight-forward, like G-Gundam. But it's really not that straight-forward at all. It's always these double-edged zero sum conflicts.

Some of the spin-offs are more straight-forward, like G-Gundam. But it's really not that straight-forward at all. It's always these double-edged zero sum conflicts.
for a 2 hour movie give/take, they'll have time for evil empire vs some protagonist alliance as these various proven big screen space fantasies have shown

for a 2 hour movie give/take, they'll have time for evil empire vs some protagonist alliance as these various proven big screen space fantasies have shown

If they do that, then it's not really Gundam. Just make your own property with giant robots.

If you ever do a Gundam movie, there really isn't a single reason you couldn't cast an Asian or Asian American in the lead role, especially if you are casting the Amuro Ray character.

Just wanting to get my 2cents in (and please, be gentle, writing in english after being awake for almost 48 hours is kinda messing with my brain... )

From what I've read in the comments, there is truth in saying that most audience members won't really gel with an ambiguous and shades of grey kinda factions.
Both the EFSF and Zeon have some really complex themes going on. I do believe that in order for this to be something of an hit they should emulate what they tried with Warcraft, but I say make them separate movies. Now I can hear most of you grinding your teeth, but hear me out.

As some of you said, stick with the Star Wars formula. Make Amuro (assuming they are going with the original story for an adaptation) the hero, focus on him. Make people fall in love with the character. Make people fall in love with the EFSF and most importantly make them HATE Zeon. Show just how far Zeon is capable of going to achieve their goals of Independence. I say show them being relentless, Empire like. Show the destruction they are willing to create. Show the conflict but keep our heroes, heroes and villains, well.. villains. Make Char the Emperor of this movie. Make the best, most kickass action movie/mech movie/space opera possible.
Make people love the heroes, and love to hate the villains. I do think that this is the way to make this a success.

NOW put down them pitchforks and torches please...

IF, and this is a big IF, this is a sucess, twist the audiences expectations... make a sequel focused on Zeon. Show the other side of the Principality. Their plight, The reasons that make them want Independence, and MAKE THE EFSF the villains. Show that some of the good guys aren't all that pure, all that nice. Show Char as the charismatic leader that he is. Show Amuro like THE target to bring down. All of them Zaku pilots that he's killed. The families that he's ruined. Make us question the first movie. Make us wonder "Did... did I just root for the bad guys?"
And as usual, this is Hollywood that we're talking about here, make the third movie the big confrontation. Let us go into it on a grey area just like both our heroes and villains.
Sorry for the Wall of text but I just wanted to share what I was thinking.. I'll get myself out.

Somewhat related, because Rooster Teeth of all places just made a modern western Gundam show; 2 episodes online

Brian K. Vaughan To Pen ‘Gundam’ Live-Action Adaptation For Legendary

Famed comic book creator and New York Times bestselling author Brian K. Vaughn has signed on to write the screenplay for Gundam, thefirst live-action film based on the popular Mecha anime and science fiction media franchise created by Sunrise. The project hails from Legendary Entertainment, in a co-production with Sunrise. Vaughan, best known for creating comic book series like Y: The Last Man, Ex Machina, and Runaways, will also serve as an executive producer on the pic.

This isn't my kind of thing, but BKV? I'm there.

Put Tallgeese in there or I ain't interested.

Gundam is the Mother of all Mech Animes and after the Ready Player One Battle Scene i m more as hyped for this one

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"