Modern day supporting cast

Discussion in 'Wonder Woman Sequels' started by Silvermoth, May 10, 2017.

1. Loki882 Registered

^Agreed. And Gal herself has said that she'd be up for that.

2. RockSP MYTH SMITH ˆž∞!!!

[​IMG]

^The only worthy suitor.

Honestly if she didn't have a love interest in the next one it wouldn't bother me.

3. terry78 My name is Stefan, sweet thang

I think we'd all be up for that.

4. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

Wonder Woman Director Will Try To Get A Lynda Carter Cameo In The Sequel

http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/06/05/wonder-woman-2-lynda-carter-cameo/
    Who would she play if she did cameo? Who would she have played in the first WW movie if the scheduling had worked out? An Amazon? She would've needed to have put on an accent.

5. Loki882 Registered

Maybe a politician (although she's already playing one on Supergirl, so there's that). Or a reporter (maybe Diana becomes more public this time around). A military officer, etc.

6. David H. We’re not owed anything.

Patrick Wilson probably won't be the President anymore (unless Ocean Master's a much more substantial villain than expected), so...

7. Silvermoth Krakoan native

It's a shame they couldn't have a proper lex as the president. That's something we haven't seen on screen yet

8. Vlyse Registered

There is already a lot of hype for a WW sequel, but I think they should cast some A list actors to seal the deal. Chris Pine is a huge loss but there is absolutely no way you can meaningfully bring him back.

9. InvisibleWoman Registered

If Steve Trevor doesn't make a miraculous return then I'd rather have no love interest for Diana as it kinda takes away how meaningful that photograph is for her. He obviously made a lasting impact and although it's been 100 years for her, we've only just witnessed their love story and how it came to an abrupt and unfair end. For her to suddenly fall for someone else in the next movie would seem... out of character (for me anyway)

10. Silvermoth Krakoan native

Really? Why would people care about Steve when they can have Diana?

I would say Gal and Patty are both A-listers now or at least as A list as Chris is. Plus people know who Wonder Woman is now which is a draw in of itself. No problem with more celebrities but we didn't necessarily need to grab them for it to be a success

11. DrCosmic Professor of Power

I think Tom Tresser is to much of a Steve Trevor clone. Same job, same coloring. Let him go. I don't think a new love interest makes Steve less important, but I would think that it informs how she evaluates the next dude. "Did you sacrifice yourself to stop a world war? No?"

Other than the Amazons, here's the comic book supporting cast I'd like to see:
    Donna Troy - Obviously. If it's that hard just copy paste the storyline from Logan. It's not like copying Steve Rogers' storyline for another supporting cat member hurt the film.
    Trevor Barnes - Maybe shorted to Tre, to hide the fact the he too is a Steve Trevor stand in, but at least he has a different kind of job (diplomacy for the win) and look to him.
    Barbara Minerva - Though, she doesn't count because she turns evil
    Julia + Vanessa Kapetalis - Your history buff mentor type and cute kid
    Donna Milton - To have Circe around for different kinds of scenes could be fun. Maybe change her name to Dina to avoid having all these Donnas around.
    Harold Champion - Hercules, an old man now, either literally or figuratively passing the torch to her, whether he's all himself or amnesiatic
    Ferdinand - Because he's just awesome

I wouldn't do Sarge Steel, because that's a bit too much Cap in my WW at this point. I would save Nubia and Paula Von Gunther for the Circle arc, which I wouldn't do in a sequel.

12. Loki882 Registered

I don't believe that it's "Steve or bust" when it comes to Diana potentially having a LI. In fact I really dislike that whole "they must be lonely and in mourning forever" cliché. She's spent a century doing that, she is allowed to try and move on/find new happiness at some point.

13. Juan1193 Registered

Thomas Tresser aka Nemesis
    Dr. Barbara Ann Minerva aka Cheetah
    Ed Indelicato
    Veronica Cale
    Vanessa Kapatelis aka Silver Swan

14. Grommers King Grommers

I think this is where Wonder Woman can be very different than other super hero movies, in having a relatively unknown supporting cast, of course the amazon's make their appearance, but I don't think they need a "Lois Lane" or "Lucious Fox/Alfred".

It can really focus on Wonder Woman and her independence, her brashness and ability to just kind of make choices on her own without needing the help of others.

I've always like that kind of take on WW where she just kind of adapts extremely well to situations, without having to grow as much because of the people around her unlike say Bats with robin, Clark with the general population, Aquaman and both Atlanteans and Land Dwellers.

I think this makes her unique, and can really seperate her from other hero movies, as well keep a similar tone too the first one.

I think accept that the best supporting character we should/ever will get is Steve Trevor.