Mom Makes Son Wear "Smoked Pot" Sign

No not really. Lets see how great parents some of you are when your 12 year old lights up in your house...because that is apparently the acceptable norm now to some of you. bad place, you should let all the little kids come over to your house and smoke at a safe haven rom these ignorant 50s moms like this lady.

If my kid does something a disapprove of I'm not going to do something that will only elevate their status among many other kids.

It's like hanging a sign around your son's neck that says ”I had pre-merital sex” you're not really embarrassing him among his peers, are you.

I for one think every 13 year old should smoke weed.

I love your strawmans. I don't think anyone made that argument, but darn it, you will rebut it anyway. :whatever:

Like how a 13 year old smoking weed is being equated to premarital sex?

The argument was that the mom was some out of touch 50s blow hard that needs to realize kids smoke pot...to somehow legitimize her 13 year old's behavior that she didn't agree with. Because now I guess a 13 year old kid smoking pot is ok by society today. But no...lets freak out that she made him wear a sign. Let's also assume she never had a talk with her kid before. Lets also assume he didn't smoke to be cool so that wearing this sign as punishment makes him uncool. Lets also not worry about the health of a growing body inhaling smoke into their developing lungs. The injustice of wearing a sign! THINK ABOUT THE KIDS! The sign will hurt them.

I believe someone accurately already stated something about reproduction.

Storytime!

I'm curious. Please expound.

How specifically were those lives destroyed and dreams shattered if I might ask?

I work in law enforcement and I have seen dozens and dozens of people who have only used marijuana that have gotten charged with all sorts of crimes. Many of those claimed that they wished they had never smoked if they hadnt, then they wouldnt be in this situation. I know some will argue that is because marijuana is criminalized (wrongly, in some opinions), but that is a different argument. If someone knows it is illegal and does it anyway, they must be prepared for the possible consequences, even if they disagree with the law.

These criminal convictions WRECK lives. Time away from family, locked up, and once they return to the streets, chances for jobs and even government assistance diminish greatly.

I would also say on a less personal experience level that many people have gotten kicked off of college sports teams and such because of using marijuana/getting arrested with marijuana. Obviously this is much different than the above example, but losing a college athletic scholarship and possibly the only chance for a college degree would seem like a wrecking of dreams to me. Maybe something that can be overcome (return to the team later, just go pro if the ability level is there, etc etc....), but not everyone will fit those categories.

You embarass easy then.

The problem isn't your embarassment level, it's that advertising you do drugs simply gets you more drugs.

I'd say about that. If we're simply limiting it to trying it, bad place my whole family has tried it, every last one except the real youngins and frankly my whole family is rich as sh**. Two work for the state department, one held a sub cabinet position for the President, one works as a high salary CEO headhunter in New York, and he's the worst.

Weed really won't wreck your life. Anyone who blames weed for their problems needs to take a look in the mirror because it's not the weeds fault. I'm type A. The biggest drawback for me with weed is eating too much, yet I still have a six pack, and mostly that side effect just results in more cardio.

Honestly, have you tried it? If you haven't you really have no idea about it at all.

You kind of spoke out of both sides of your mouth. You said that I embarass easy (a matter of opinion, really) and then you said the issue isnt my embarassment level.

90% even trying it seems very high to me (no pun intended).

And I do agree that some people use marijuana and other drugs as a crutch to blame for problems and often a weak person will search for an excuse for their life's problems.

No, I have never tried it and never will. I would agree that I dont personally know about how it makes a person think/feel/act. No argument there.
But I am simply stating what has been told to me numerous times in my career.

Last edited:
Like how a 13 year old smoking weed is being equated to premarital sex?

Actually I'd rather my kid was smoking weed at 13 than having sex. Weed doesn't make kids pregnant. But really, I'd rather they do neither.

But you're obviously grasping at straws (well, what better way to build a strawman?).

The argument was that the mom was some out of touch 50s blow hard that needs to realize kids smoke pot...to somehow legitimize her 13 year old's behavior that she didn't agree with. Because now I guess a 13 year old kid smoking pot is ok by society today. But no...lets freak out that she made him wear a sign. Let's also assume she never had a talk with her kid before. Lets also assume he didn't smoke to be cool so that wearing this sign as punishment makes him uncool. Lets also not worry about the health of a growing body inhaling smoke into their developing lungs. The injustice of wearing a sign! THINK ABOUT THE KIDS! The sign will hurt them.

I believe someone accurately already stated something about reproduction.

This is my brain.

220px-Fried_egg,_sunny_side_up.jpg

This is my brain after reading that rambling paragraph.

Fried%2BEgg.jpg

[/80's PSA]

If my kid does something a disapprove of I'm not going to do something that will only elevate their status among many other kids.
Because at the end of the day, it's more about your kid's hierarchal standing in school than it is protecting their health and teaching them a lesson about what morals or values you want to instill in them. Great parenting lesson, thanks. I know when I was little, I always did what my parents told me because I never got punished for disobedience.[/sarcasm] Talk about the 50s...just sit down with little Opie and explain to him in a gingerly voice about what he did wrong. The writers will be sure to not have him repeat his mistakes to retread an old episode. The viewers don't want to see that.

It's like hanging a sign around your son's neck that says ”I had pre-merital sex” you're not really embarrassing him among his peers, are you.
Nah not really.

Actually I'd rather my kid was smoking weed at 13 than having sex. Weed doesn't make kids pregnant. But really, I'd rather they do neither.

But you're obviously grasping at straws (well, what better way to build a strawman?).

This is my brain.

220px-Fried_egg,_sunny_side_up.jpg

This is my brain after reading that rambling paragraph.

Fried%2BEgg.jpg

[/80's PSA]
False equivalencies are fun. I would rather my kid smoke weed than kill 40 other kids.

So your brain was already a cracked egg? That explains a lot.

So you're saying you've seen people commit suicide because of weed? Please explain.

No, but I have seen people killed for/over it.

I explained a bit in post #106.

You've seen dreams shattered and lives ended because of weed

This was the statement. That could be taken in many ways, some of which I explained.

So the criminal conviction ruined their lives, not the drugs.

Depends. Many of them state that they are 100% addicted and would use it despite knowing that they could/would eventually get caught. There are arguments on both sides about the actual addiction level of weed, but again, thats a different story.

In the end, weed or not, its all about choices. You even touched on this, regarding making choices that could be risky in order to reach higher and possibly be successful in some way.

I wish we could just smoke endorphins. Would that be legal?

All I had to do was see the stupid things adults did and said when they were drunk or high to know I wanted no part of that.

And you just cited the exact reason why I support the mom in this story. Google the 27 Club, and you'll see exactly why the cozy relationship between our society and recreational drug use is so toxic and stupid.

Bottom line: no one regrets sobriety.
27 years or living > 80 years of ignorance

Depends. Many of them state that they are 100% addicted and would use it despite knowing that they could/would eventually get caught. There are arguments on both sides about the actual addiction level of weed, but again, thats a different story.

In the end, weed or not, its all about choices. You even touched on this, regarding making choices that could be risky in order to reach higher and possibly be successful in some way.
Nobody is addicted to weed. I can tell you that much. If a person can't stop smoking, that's on them and their willpower. As there is NO PHYSICAL WITHDRAWAL WHATSOEVER, anyone who can't quit is a weak human being who deserves to be in whatever state they are.

I'm sure they'd give you a ton of weak justifications. You're a cop. They want you to take pity on their pitiful story so, I dunno, maybe the charge isn't as severe.

I'm not gonna toot my own horn. But I never smoke outside the privacy of a residence. I also don't buy in non secure locations. So there's something to be said for not getting caught. Keeping things in house is a good strategy. But essentially what you arrested him over is stupidity, not marijuana use.

That's kind of the lunacy of the police. They only arrest those dumb, or poor enough not to cover their tracks.

The drug didn't lead them to a life of crime. If you're stably employed you can purchase weed fairly regularly. Your drug dealers don't bring guns to your house. You're a customer, they don't want to scare you off! He's usually some dreadlocked white dude anyways who likes Bob Marley and lives on his bike. If it causes you to get fired, it isn't the weed. The laziness is a personal issue, mostly from television depictions. Like I say, two hours in the gym today. Gyms are stoner havens btw.

It's not the drugs that cause neighborhoods to be violent, it's the lack of money, real wealth and perceived pestering by the "outside" world.

Last edited:
Nobody is addicted to weed. I can tell you that much. If a person can't stop smoking, that's on them and their willpower. As there is NO PHYSICAL WITHDRAWAL WHATSOEVER, anyone who can't quit is a weak human being who deserves to be in whatever state they are.
Yeah when I don't have it, it does not really bother me.

Then why do it at all?

I have no problem with weed...it should be legal for 18+ or 21+...whatever the government sets it to. It has no addictive chemicals but it is an inhibitor just like alcohol. So, if you smoke and you drive 10 minutes later...your ash gets a DUI if you get caught and fail a sobriety test. The only addictive part of weed is in your head as someone mentioned. It's the same thing as being addicted to sugar. The only thing bad about smoking weed is the smoke inhalation...which is bad for you. Weed brownies or THC pills are perfectly healthy and may actually have some health benefits.

Why have recreational sex? Why mastere? Why watch crappy 80s cartoons your nostalgia has glossed over?

The first one is extremely risky and stupid. The second one costs nothing. The third one is also pointless and wastes time.

If you feel no need for it...why do it? That's like someone who eats when they are bored. If it helps you relax, I understand that. If you do it for recreation, that's fine. If you do it just to do it...then that's dumb and you are wasting a lot of money for no reason.

Why spend money on anything then? I myself use it to enhance entertainment, and to get a good nights sleep.

The first one is extremely risky and stupid
Depends on how you go about it. Also your circle of friends. I mean my friends kind of f*** each other but most of us know each other, and wear protection. That doesn't mean a relationship.
The second one costs nothing. The third one is also pointless and wastes time.

If you feel no need for it...why do it? That's like someone who eats when they are bored. If it helps you relax, I understand that. If you do it for recreation, that's fine. If you do it just to do it...then that's dumb and you are wasting a lot of money for no reason.
I do it for recreation. All those pursuits are utterly pointless (to you) but to some they are not. You're being awfully judgemental towards things it seems like you have limited exposure to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"