Moments when your moral barometer goes haywire

Discussion in 'SHH Community Forum' started by BubbaGump, Nov 8, 2007.

1. Sugarculted

Sugarculted Registered

Neat avatar BubbaGump, bit of Hayley Williams. Yum, should be seeing her play in February.

But yeah, I have those moments when I won't be able to stop laughing. Student in the class I'm in has a speech impediment, which means I can't help but laugh when he sounds like a robot in a discussion.
    Makes matters worse when people start doing a few robotic dance moves.

He's an all right guy, as well. I'm just a right *******.

2. BubbaGump

BubbaGump Bland User

Your previous username has completely skipped my mind. :huh:

The reason why I bring this up is a saw this kid get run over by a bike and it was the most hilarious thing I've ever seen in recent memory. He was riding with his hands in the air and his helmet on his handlebars. So awesome.

3. hammy

hammy American Ham

I never understood why people laugh at stuff like that. :dry: I don't get it. It's not funny to me at all.

4. Savage

Savage Earth Rocker

lol Nice. :up:

5. Harlekin

Harlekin Business

That made me laugh.

I think that says enough about my moral barometer.

6. Vapor

Vapor Omlette Du Fromage

My mate at work told us about two stories she had heard of, one about a guy who had been throwing dogs out into traffic on a road and another about a guy who punched a kitten in the face and both me and my mate laughed to her disgust. Obviously both are awful things to have happened and both people involved in said acts should be punished but.. it's just funny. It's like a gut reaction to laugh but I also tend to laugh more if someone else is laughing anyway. Then again if I had seen it happen I wouldn't have laughed but 'cos I was told about it, it made me laugh.

It's like Jimmy on South Park.. something that might be morally/socially wrong to laugh at but it's funny.

7. Dark Carnage

Dark Carnage Leo Zeppelin

I fully understand that. Animal cruelty disgusts me, to see videos of it is infuriating. But for someone to say "I punched a kitten in the face" would make me laugh. In a, "Why the hell would you do that?" kinda way.

8. hammerhedd11

hammerhedd11 OHaiMark

Oh, same here. I get dirty looks all the time when I'm at a movie theatre watching a gory movie.

9. Vapor

Vapor Omlette Du Fromage

Yeah exactly, it's crazy and that's what makes it funny. Animal cruelty is disgusting.