Switch Monster Hunter Rise

Sithborg

Pretty in pink
Reaction score

Starting a thread, because I am quite excited. Looks to be a mix of World and Generations, with combining aerial style with the clutch claw. Can't do the wide open world of World, but it looks to be doing the older, traditional sized levels, but with seamless transitions between rooms.

Personally, a fan of the monster selections so far. While the Great Itzuki threw me off, actually glad to see the Jaggi family seems to be returning. I think this may actually be pulling more from Tri than Generations for the monsters, as Ludroth is back, and a good chance to see Lagiacrus again.

I love the new level with the giant pyramid.

I like that the desert and volcanoe areas remind me of the Tri areas. Now we just gotta get Jaggi and Lagiacrus back for the real fun.

I'm quite excited for this game myself. Been a fan of the series since Freedom 2 for the PSP. I'm one of those rare fans that has enjoyed every single entry in this franchise I've played (yes, even the underwater combat of Tri), so I expect I'll love Rise too.

What's your favorite weapon of choice. Mine hasn't changed all that much but is my weapon "main" history:

Freedom 2: Hammer
Freedom Unite: Hammer
Monster Hunter Tri: Hammer, Lance
Monster Hunter 4U: Hammer, IG, Charge Blade
Monster Hunter Gen: IG, DB
Monster Hunter Gen Ultimate: IG, DB
Monster Hunter World: Hammer, IG, GS

So, I've stayed somewhat consistent to my favorites. I don't expect it to change too much even with Wirebug gimmick.

Some great new info. Customizable attacks and wirebug moves is great. Rampage looks fun, with a bit of a strategic element to it. Not surprising to see Nargacuga and Zinogre back, and nice to see that we will be getting a nice stream of monsters post launch. Come on Lagiacrus.

Lagiacrus would be cool, definitely one of the best flagships. Zamites are confirmed to be in the game IIRC so I assume one of my favorite monsters, Zamtrios, is too. I'd also like to see the three other members of the Fated Four get brought over, and I'm curious too see what Elders get brought over outside of Chamleos.

Fitting video for this site.

I do hope the free DLC isn't all elder dragons and apexes.

I'm just going to assume that the DLC will be Chameleos, Teo, Kushala, Apex Rath, and maybe one other (I wouldn't mind for Zamtrios or Agnaktor given Zamites and Uroktor's are already in the game). I don't necessarily want Teo and Kushala right now (much rather have Valstrax, or Amatsu), but we ARE lacking Elder Dragons so might as well get them out the way.

Last edited:

Been slowly making my way through low rank village. Using Charge Blade and Switch Ax. I enjoy the Charge Blade, but I have a tough time getting silkbind damage.

So, essentially finishes up the base game, with the final story bit. We will see if there is any more surprises like last time, but I'm not expecting too many. We will see what gets added before the G rank expansion. But, I am liking how much the game seems to be taking from Generations. I suspect a bunch of Apexes are going to come out before the G rank expansion.

Looking forward to playing the demo next month.

2 new monsters, and Astalos returns. The new area, Citadel, looks amazing, and we are totally getting a Fatalis encounter there.

What is your favorite weapon?

I main Insect Glaive, loved it when I played World, and even more when I started playing Rise on PC. Also, as someone who plays the game solo it provides all the utility I need to cover my other angles.

Kind of surprised Nergigante didn't make it. The end monster is absolutely Fatalis. Hopefully the trio.

Also, Spring for Sunbreak for the other systems.

Hmm, not the final final update. Amatsu is cool, but we are definitely ending on Fatalis again.

Also, looking at when the other systems get v 14 and 15, probably going to be a bit of longer wait for World 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"