Monster Problems | Paramount

Michael Rooker Set To Star In ‘Monster Problems’ For Paramount Players

Rooker will play Clyde, an expert hunter who teaches Joel Dawson (O’Brien) how to survive the Monster Apocalypse.

Ariana Greenblatt Joins Dylan O’Brien In Paramount Players’ ‘Monster Problems’

Avengers: Infinity War actress Ariana Greenblatt has booked the role of Minnow in the upcoming Paramount Players feature Monster Problems starring Dylan O’Brien and Michael Rooker.

Monster Problems is a coming of age feature film about a young man living in a post-apocalyptic world overrun by monsters.

'Iron Fist' Actress Jessica Henwick Joins Dylan O'Brien in 'Monster Problems' (Exclusive)

Jessica Henwick, who played Colleen Wing on Netflix’s Marvel shows Iron Fist and The Defenders, will star opposite Dylan O’Brien in Monster Problems, the romance-tinged sci-fi feature from Paramount Players.

Written by Brian Duffield and Matthew Robinson, the project is a coming-of-age story about a young man (O’Brien) living in a post-apocalyptic world overrun by monsters who travels through a hostile environment to find the girl of his dreams. Henwick will play the girl, who has a lot more going on than what initially is seen.

Exclusive: 'Home and Away' Star Dan Ewing Joins Dylan O'Brien in 'Monster Problems'

Up-and-coming Australian actor Dan Ewing (Home and Away) has booked a key role opposite Dylan O’Brien in the Paramount Players movie Monster Problems, Collider has exclusively learned.

Ewing will play Cap, who’s described as a perfect human specimen — all the best parts of Thor and Bear Grylls, with a dash of southern charm. Judging by the full-body photo in this article, he strikes me as a strong fit for the role.

So it's safe to say he either gets killed or is some kind of traitor.

I like Dylan o Brien a lot but he should stay away from the post apocalyptic stuff

90% on RT after 29 reviews. I am watching it right now, and I really like it. A lot of heart. Feels adapted from some sort of bigger text like a book or comic, but still really enjoyable. The heart strings will be pulled, completely. MAV1S and Boy. :atp:

Also traveling 85 miles of monster infested land for Jessica Henwick? I understand. :ilv:

I really liked this as well. Dylan O' Brien was great in this and a very likable character and I even loved the dog he was with. I also thought the creature designs looked awesome and were a nice blend of CGI and practical effects. Thankfully, we see quite a bit of them too which really satisfied the monster movie lover in me.

I just wish Michael Rooker was in it more, because I probably enjoyed his character the most and he was definitely the most interesting character in the movie IMO.

Jessica Henwick is super charming and just beautiful to look at as well and like DarthSkywalker I also would have traveled half way across a monster infested world for her if need be lol.

7.5/10

Ok, this movie was surprisingly good with a ton of heart. I am pleasantly surprised by how much I liked it. Also seems kinda like a fitting movie given our COVID times of isolation and need for romance.

Saw it last night. Definitely a good start to the franchise they are obviously building up to. Wasn't sure this would be any good given the premise, since they either go really cheesy B-movie with the effects and story or go really dark and serious, hiding the monsters too much.

They found a nice balance between the two with the monsters being not terrible CG effects.

I thought it was charming and very enjoyable. However, the ending did bring it down a point or so for me.

I guess I'm just a sucker for the traditional 'the guy gets the girl' in the end. I didn't mind that when he got to her she had basically 'moved on' but it would have been nice IMO if after working together in the final act the spark was ignited again.

Not the biggest criticism though. This was still like a very solid 7.5/10 for me, I like that Dylan O'Brien. It's a shame he hasn't really been given that great films to work with, The Maze Runner for example is a fairly bland franchise IMO and I remember when people were fan-casting him as Peter Parker (he would have been good for that I think). He was great in this and hopefully they can make a sequel or something.

Just saw this upon its UK release, really enjoyed it, cast were really good with O’Brien being the standout, Dog was adorable, but really good effects and a nice amount of heart. Like the poster above I would have liked
Joel and Amy getting together at the end that was a bit of a bummer
. But overall I liked this a lot and would definitely see a sequel.

8/10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"