Moon Knight???Movie? Will it work?(I hope so)

Muze said:
i nominate actor Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje (Lost, The Mummy Returns, Oz) for the role of Bushman
http://www.imdb.com/gallery/ss/0236195/Ss/0236195/1?path=pgallery&path_key=Akinnuoye-Agbaje,%20Adewale

and Johnny Messner (Hostage, Tears of the Sun, Anacondas) for Marc Spector because he actually looks like a mercenary.

http://www.imdb.com/gallery/ss/0366174/Ss/0366174/AM802.jpg?path=pgallery&path_key=Messner,%20Johnny

http://www.imdb.com/gallery/ss/0366174/Ss/0366174/AM001.jpg?path=pgallery&path_key=Messner,%20Johnny

http://www.imdb.com/gallery/ss/0314353/Ss/0314353/TOS5-2.jpg?path=pgallery&path_key=Messner,%20Johnny

no offense to Guy Pearce (whose name seems to come up w/o much thought behind it for every comic role) but he has a very small build for a guy his height. i guess you could always heaviliy pad the Moon Knight costume but why bother?

Johnny Messner can't act.

Edd Extraordinaire said:
Johnny Messner can't act.

well, that's gotta suck for him; seeing as how he's an actor.

Luke Wilson should be perfect as Marc Spector/ Moon Knight.

:up::up::cool::cool:

hey guys,
I am a newb so I want to first say hello to everyone. A friend and I had this discussion and he thought that, despite his screwed upo personal life, Russell Crowe could pull of the movie as Moon Knight.

Erik H

So what's the news on the Moon Knight TV show mentioned a while back? Do we know anything about it yet? Even so much as what channel would be getting it?

So what's the news on the Moon Knight TV show mentioned a while back? Do we know anything about it yet? Even so much as what channel would be getting it?
Nothing since the announcement made in October...Let alone enough to know what network the show will be on. So long as it doesn't end up on Spike, hopefully it does on a channel like Sci-Fi.

I would like to see someone younger like Desmond Harrington as Marc Spector/Moon Knight.

Nothing since the announcement made in October...Let alone enough to know what network the show will be on. So long as it doesn't end up on Spike, hopefully it does on a channel like Sci-Fi.

that would be good

From the "SHH Actors Guild Casting Call" thread I started...

Ever think you'd be a better choice for the role of one of the mutants in "X-Men", Peter Parker in "Spider-Man", or multi-millionaire Bruce Wayne in "Batman Begins"? Ever think you should play the starring role in a superhero film in the next few years?

Why not see what everyone else thinks?!

There's two things to do in this thread...

A. Post a picture of yourself and await judgement...

B. Decide what "super" (or villainous) role would best suit those who've submitted photos.

Remember, this is just for fun.

Here's my pic, to start us off...

Moonknight

lol

I'm not at all familiar with the character but I here he's a bit like Batman...which may seem like a ripoff to the general audience(or is he more like DD?).

I think it's important that a character should be somewhat recognizable by the general public...frankly nobody knows who Moonknight is.

I think Hollywood will over saturate the market with super hero movie and everybody will get fed up with them.

it would work as long as people didn't think he was the KKK Batman.

it would work as long as people didn't think he was the KKK Batman.

...Who the f**k would think that? :huh:

1. With the exception of all white, he doesn't look at all like a KKK member.
2. He's neither a racist or a bigot.
3. Even if he was, he wouldn't be able to join, because he was born Jewish.

i'm hoping that the current Moon Knight writer charlie huston can get involved.. at the very least, they could also get Doug Moench to be involved..

I have to say, I'm extremely disappointed with this Moon Knight television series proposal. I'm sure it will fail miserably, just like Blade: the series (ugh). Chalk it up to personal taste, but I hold a special preference for film over television.

Sure, shows like "Heroes" need to be told through a medium such a television, but when you're talking about adapting an established comic book icon...why resort to the lesser art of television?

Moon Knight needs a film franchise, not a partial season of poor ratings.

...Who the f**k would think that? :huh:

1. With the exception of all white, he doesn't look at all like a KKK member.
2. He's neither a racist or a bigot.
3. Even if he was, he wouldn't be able to join, because he was born Jewish.

....Were going to cover this in the Trailer? General Public who know nothing about him will think KKK.

Stephen Norrington to direct ;)

I just have to laugh when someone says that MK could be mistaken by a KKK bats, I mean just because he dresses in white? I think the audience gets underestimated, and MK doesn't nescessarily have to be (or will be) all white. He could end up having a light grey/silverish suit and then the cloak/cape, hood gloves boots etc. would be white. Anyway the mask will probably be black with white lenses.

Back on topic, hell yea a MK film would be great and hopefully they don't make it into a movie just for the sake of it. If they make it they should do it and value the project as much as they would spiderman. Not because MK is a lesser known character does it mean he should be treated as such. I often see marvel not caring much about lesser known superheroes, I would mention some examples but it would only stir discussion and draw out of the topic, anyways I don't need to people here know which films Iam referring to.

Moon Knight stands out for two three main reasons:

1. Spirituality. Moon Knight draws heavily on Egyptian mythology and religion.
2. Mystery. There's always been a big emphasis on the mysterious, much more so than other superhero comics.
3. Identity. Moon Knight has two secret identities - but it's the same person. Confused? Think how he feels.

Best arguement I've heard to make this film.

Moon Knight would be great. You have to put him into a movie much like DC did with Batman Begins, though. He's part legend, part mystery, part psychological. It would be a great movie if done right. And the whole story portrayal would be to create a man who seemed to be the night in the eyes of his enemies.

Obviously, Moon Knight and Batman have similarities. However, I like both of them. I was a big Moon Knight fan from approx 30 years or so back.

I prefer an animated project of Moon Knight. If a live action version is made, what the heck. Get Rodrigo Santoro for Moon Knight/ Marc Spector.

santoro.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"