Moon Knight

Zorro

IncognitoX
Reaction score
Can he fit in the MCU on film or should he just have a Hulu show like Ghost Rider and probably Punisher? I want him in the MCU but I can see marvel using the Marvel Knights label on the Hulu shows. Can't see him being used on Disney +

He'd fit in either, but the character is cheap enough that I could see them doing a show on Hulu or Disney + instead.

I don't read much Marvel these days but Moon Knight has long been my favourite of their characters, ever since his premier in Werewolf by Night (which I've still got, somewhere). I'd love to see him on the big screen.

I wish I could believe Spector could work on the big screen but so far the way the films are... He'd be really neutered.

I really wish they had some kind of Marvel sub studio where they could find a home for those characters and concepts that aren't so easily slotted into the four quad standard they have, which too often eschews real complexity, mature themes and violence. Sorry, but anyone that thinks those things have not been a part of comic book superheroes since, oh, the late 1970's and early 1980's are just wrong. As such, those elements shouldn't be shaved off to the point of inoffensiveness for certain characters and I think Moon Knight is definitely one that falls into that category.

I want a film appearance or a solo movie. Big no to a tv show / streaming content.

We must have about a million moon knight threads by now

I reckon Moon Knight will end up on Hulu along with Ghost Rider, Damien Hellstrom and a lot of other characters with a Spirits Of Vengeance, Midnight Sons or Legion of Monsters connection

He'd fit in either, but the character is cheap enough that I could see them doing a show on Hulu or Disney + instead.
I'd like him to have a fairly big budget opening episode. We're talking Egypt, military, etc. You can do a lot on a television budget, but I'd rather they not cheap out on the set design. After that, it can be cheaper. But I also think long-form television fits better because you can really explore the different personalities.

I'd like him to have a fairly big budget opening episode. We're talking Egypt, military, etc. You can do a lot on a television budget, but I'd rather they not cheap out on the set design. After that, it can be cheaper. But I also think long-form television fits better because you can really explore the different personalities.

They can do Egypt and the military fairly easy on a TV budget I think. They did some of that in Stargate, and that was years ago. Pilot episodes are often more lavish anyway. He definitely needs some exploration of different personalities, which would suit TV.

I want the original all white costume to start with, although would the Fist of Khonshu gold trimmed ankh version be better for an Egypt start?

I'm all for a Moon Knight streaming show that would hopefully crossover with a bunch of different heroes like Ghost Rider and eventually Daredevil and Punisher. Oh and Max Greenfield for Marc Spector.

Definitely a show before a movie. Marc Spector is too complex of a character to be done justice in a MCU movie. A show done right, though, could reach the quality of Daredevil.

The problem with a movie for Moon Knight is that the darker aspects of his character would be compromised.

I don't know what they want to do with him as an adaption, I know I want them to remember that Steven Grant (was that a joke with the writer of the same name?) and Jake Lockley are aliases he uses for different purposes.
Toss the split personality retcon schtick out the window.

I think whatever you do with Moon Knight, you have to focus on the fact that this guy might be on the wrong side of crazy. Basically, schizophrenic, and you don't know if what he's experiencing is real or fake.

Basically like Batman, but a more unhinged and dangerous version of Batman. He'd rather take the hit than avoid blocking it. Dude's not right in the head.

In the old comics he was pretty different, some issues made it seem like he's schizophrenic, but I did not find that in him in full before Bendis took over the character.

And he dodges attacks. Isn't that line that was taken seriously in Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon something he said in dry wit as response to Spider-Man who cracked a joke when the two were fighting Sandman? That is the same series that made Moon Knight dress up in armor to hold a falling asylum building wall and leave it to fight escaped inmates instead of being on the receiving end of their constant blows.

I don't know what they want to do with him as an adaption, I know I want them to remember that Steven Grant (was that a joke with the writer of the same name?) and Jake Lockley are aliases he uses for different purposes.
Toss the split personality retcon schtick out the window.
Eh... At this point Aziz the MPD thing is pretty baked in. It's one of the biggest things that makes him unique and it's not like it's a recent thing comparatively speaking. I think it might very well be how he's been for about 30 years.

Eh... At this point Aziz the MPD thing is pretty baked in. It's one of the biggest things that makes him unique and it's not like it's a recent thing comparatively speaking. I think it might very well be how he's been for about 30 years.
30 years? Nah man, MPD is something made up by Bendis for the Ultimate before he transferred to the main line in his series making Marc delusional about talking to Spider-Man, Wolverine, and Captain America.
He might be less disturbed in later series, but I haven't checked those entirely, it seems that most writers starting with Brian Michael Bendis don't really know how to write him. I reread the series I love about him and what I saw is him using these identities like any superhero switches between masked identity and civilian one, or like the Chameleon pretending to be different characters without losing sense of his true self or what the purpose is of these alternate identities.

30 years? Nah man, MPD is something made up by Bendis for the Ultimate before he transferred to the main line in his series making Marc delusional about talking to Spider-Man, Wolverine, and Captain America.
He might be less disturbed in later series, but I haven't checked those entirely, it seems that most writers starting with Brian Michael Bendis don't really know how to write him. I reread the series I love about him and what I saw is him using these identities like any superhero switches between masked identity and civilian one, or like the Chameleon pretending to be different characters without losing sense of his true self or what the purpose is of these alternate identities.

No... Sorry Aziz but Bendis is not the originator of the MPD angle. That was established I think at least by the mid to late 80's. I think it was for sure before the Fist Of Khonshu run and before he was made an Avenger.

Then, Marc received word that his father was dying and decided to try and patch things up with him. Unfortunately, his father passed away before he was able to return to Chicago and instead discovered that his father's body had been stolen by his father's former student, Zohar who used the deceased rabbi's body to focus for his mystical spells to punish Marc for his perceived sins against his dead mentor. Although Moon Knight was able to overcome Zohar; the mental trauma combined with the act of juggling his different personas put a serious strain on Spector's mental health and he suffered a nervous breakdown and was deemed to be suffering from Multiple Personality Disorder (MPD) or as it later became renamed; Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID).

The part where Moonie has been portrayed as possibly quite mentally disturbed has always been a part of the character as far as I've known him. Bendis focused on that but he hardly created it out of whole cloth.

I know for a fact he had multiple personalities by the time Steve Englehart was writing West Coast Avengers. It was a plot point then.

I would LOVE to see this character in a live action movie. In a perfect world, I would want Marvel to make use of that R rating and give us a take wholly in keeping with the spirit of the character.

I know for a fact he had multiple personalities by the time Steve Englehart was writing West Coast Avengers. It was a plot point then.
He does? I need to read his appearances in that series, cause he doesn't show that disorder in his own pre-Bendis books, whether main, one shots, or mini series, not even as a guest star in Spider-Man, Punisher, or Iron Man books I've read to this point.

I think I'll have to do some extensive Moon Knight research pretty soon.

He does? I need to read his appearances in that series, cause he doesn't show that disorder in his own pre-Bendis books, whether main, one shots, or mini series, not even as a guest star in Spider-Man, Punisher, or Iron Man books I've read to this point.

I think I'll have to do some extensive Moon Knight research pretty soon.
Yeah, something about a bad guy with mind control powers being unable to control him because he has more than one mind to control.

Yes, I recently ready that West Coast Avengers time travel arc, and his mental illness is specifically brought up. They even mention how his multiple personalities help him with undercover jobs where he may need to infiltrate criminal elements.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"